Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the AIDS thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SilentBob, Jun 7, 2004.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Last week I threw a couple coins into one of those AIDS research buckets as I do every now and again. On the bucket it said something like "Every 5 minutes someone contracts HIV". For some reason I just thought about it now and I begun to wonder who are these people? I don't know or have heard of anyone I've met contracting AIDS. And its not like all the people I know are people who have a healthy paranioa about this kind of thing. I can't think of many more horrible ways to die then getting aids. Getting told "you have aids" would be such a head fuck.
    This is such a weird topic. I don't even know why I'm thinking about this stuff. Mabye its because there was lots of talk (went to school in a junky inhabitted area, played in the local park at lunch time) of junky syringes in my youth and I now have a phobia. Meh ... Anyway discuss ..

2. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

I had to take a saliva test for my life insurance, i didnt think anything of it until i got an envelope opened it and the first line said, THIS IS THE RESULT OF YOUR HIV TEST (something along those lines), i freaked out sincei didnt know that's what the exam was for, but i read all nervous like and im clean niggas!!, so yea, everyone should take an hiv test. Even if it's only been a few people youve slept with, better safe then sorry.

3. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

I've met plenty of poeple who have HIV...

If you dont drink, smoke and take drugs you can hold AIDS off for a long time... Its not as bad as its made out to be...There are plenty of STd's which are worse yet are not nearly as notorious

The bad thing is that once someone gets Diagnosed then they WILL drink alot, smoke and generally fuck around and be unhealthy which is inviting AIDS to kick in..

Oh, if you go to Africa don't fuck whores on trucking routes, bad buissness that...

4. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

No offence to any Africans on the board. But that place seems like the most dirty, dilapidated, hostile and generally fucked up country ever. One of my friends mother went to S.A on a film making expedition. Got pricked by some random thorn Bush and couldnt walk properly for a month. I've been to a couple run down countries. But for some reason that story just makes africa seem really hectic to me. Probably because I get scratched up all the time.
    Anyway back to the topic.
    So what are those people you've met like ? I'm aware generalising isn't really something you can do with this kind of topic. But like I said it just suprises me that I've never met anyone considering its meant to be so rampant. Where the stereo types true ? Were they homosexuals or uber smackies ? ..

5. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

I have a few clients who have hiv...all of them are homosexual. I guess that's where the stereotype comes from.

6. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

Did you actually mean country ?

As for the fact a person contracts aids evey 5 mins, the huge majority of this is in africa. I'm not sure of the percentage but the portion of the very large african population that has contracted aids is just enormous, although one should be critical of these figures as it's nearly impossible to get a precise census of african population. Nevertheless, that would explain why "you haven't met anyone with aids" although that's a weird way to put it. Anyway, i couldn't find figures about aids in Africa but if someone could drop them here it would be interesting to see.

7. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

aids has also picked up the pace in places in asia, like the phillepines,
    where teenage prostitution is abundant.
    i personally dont think i know anyone with aids, but who knows?
    I'm sure many people prefer to be discreet about such a thing unless they really need to tell.
    After all, people with aids and other stds are treated as social lepers.

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

Russia is pretty badly infected too. Saw a documentary - pretty nasty

The woman i met has got a good life.She went of a serious depression/ drud binge for a while but pulled it together has c uple of kids who are clean and Her fucking hubby fucks her without condom. He reckons "if he gets it, he gets it, Hes not too concerned"
    i was pretty shocked when i heard that

9. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

Yes. I also read that India could be hit in the next decades by a huge AIDS epidemic. Makes you shudder.

10. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

thank reagan for ignoring it in the 80's

11. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

well thanks to mighty whitie africa is fucked. And now it continues to be fucked cause 90% of african leaders are out for self and in the last 50 years each of those said leaders fleece their country and retire/exile to a friendly nation where they live like the kings they were in africa; while their countrymen, starve, fight and make backwards progress.

When i was in wesrt africa last i saw signs, aprroved by the church saying, "CONDOMS CAUSE AIDS". WTF is that.

Nigerias most popular singer, died of aids, but went to his death bed say aids was a false hood made up by america to make africans weak. he had a huge following of young men who now believe the lie and where no protection at all.

On the flip side some of the women on those truck routes in east Africa, are now being studied. Its been descovered that some of the ladies have developed aids imunities. These imunities have been found NO where but africa. AFRICA STRONG STRONG; oibo weak.
    the study leading to this discovery is kinda awesome let me see if i can find it.

12. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

oh. And africa is a continent not a country. there are 54 african nations.

[​IMG]

13. awarePTA

awarePTA Junior Member

someone i know has hiv,he got it from shooting meth.its still hiv,not full blown aids though.

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Not to sound like an ignorant brain-moron, but could someone please explain the difference between HIV and AIDS?

I must have been sick that day....

15. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member