The Adventures of the iPod and Car Audio

So I broke down and bought a 2004 Honda Civic despite the fact I was in the market to purchase 190HP of German Sex. Leasing the Civic was too good of a deal to pass up($1k down $130 a month).

With leased cars you can not modify them without having to pay for damages.

It has an indash cd player and I want to hook my iPod into it without using a shitty radio transmitter or a tape adapter.

Is there anyway to run an Auxulry line out of the cd into a 1/8" headphone to plug into the iPod without damaging the car?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had an FM transmitter for about 10 minutes for my ipod to work in my car...I tried it out in the parking ot of the store I bought it at and returned it within minutes due to the fact that it was just a pure peice of shit. You can wire your ipod in through an auxilary input though. Its pretty simple given that your cd player has auxilary inputs. All you have to do is go to radio shack and get a cord that is rca on one end and 1/8" on the other. More than likely though your going to have to replace your factory stereo so you acn have something auxilary inputs.

<3,

Zack Morris

my itrip works well you have to keep the volume at like 80% on your ipod and you need a good working radio attena otherwise its shit

i tried the aux cable thing it works faily well i have the belkin car charger it also come with a headphone jack on the charger which you can run the headphone jack to aux cable to teh back of the head unit but the only shitty drawback to the belkin device is that is has a built in amp which is far shittier than the natural car head unit... also the belkin amp overides the head unit unableling you to adjust treble, bass etc on the head unit... what you need to find is a car charger wth a headphone jack minus an amp i think moster cable makes one,, but other than that ipodlounge is your source.. good luck

Originally posted by Zack Morris

I had an FM transmitter for about 10 minutes for my ipod to work in my car...I tried it out in the parking ot of the store I bought it at and returned it within minutes due to the fact that it was just a pure peice of shit.

i did the exact same thing. total crap.

im sure the stock cd player does not have aux in, but check and see if it has a plug for a cd changer built into the head. theres a decent chance it does. if thats the case, blitzsafe makes an adapter that plugs right into it, and gives you an aux in.

orrrrrr, you might be able to bypass that adapter, and just tap right into the wires. you cant do it on my vw, cause the headunit is programmed to only accept a vw changer, so you have to fool it (with the blitzsafe unit).

bottom line is that im sure there is a way to do it, id find a honda forum and ask in there, someone will know.

I did something like this with my minidisc a few

years ago. Just used a basic cassette rig and

then put some velcro discreetly on my dash

and some on the corresponding shit on the MD

player.. that shit was style in the '86 Lincoln.

I've gone through about 20 of those poopdick

tape-adapters in my day, luckily I think I only

paid for 2. You're working with a Honda. Honda

is French for 'Japanese' so I'm guessing you

could get the wires to do anything you want...

just be sure to do it blindfolded.

Originally posted by seeking

i did the exact same thing. total crap.

im sure the stock cd player does not have aux in, but check and see if it has a plug for a cd changer built into the head. theres a decent chance it does. if thats the case, blitzsafe makes an adapter that plugs right into it, and gives you an aux in.

orrrrrr, you might be able to bypass that adapter, and just tap right into the wires. you cant do it on my vw, cause the headunit is programmed to only accept a vw changer, so you have to fool it (with the blitzsafe unit).

bottom line is that im sure there is a way to do it, id find a honda forum and ask in there, someone will know.

http://www.torquesteer.com/garage/howto/ipodinstall/

Seeking - It's the mod for VW, i do believe it works.

Archived