That New Jay!!! BLACK ALBUM REVIEW

Milton

I just got it cause I convinced the idiot at Fred Meyer that it actually got released today. "Oh ya, I heard it on the radio, and I'm sure they're selling it at Circuit City already."

So this is in the Reasonable Doubt territory if not better. Maybe its just the hype, but the whole thing is FIRE. I'm saying the hottest mainstream hip-hop/rap album of the last 5 years at least, period.

Here goes the quotable shit song by song:

December 4th:

"I went to school got good grades good behaved when I wanted/ But I had demons deep inside that were raised when confronted..."

"Momma couldn't beat me hard enough to match the pain of my pop not seein me."

What More Can I Say:

"They don't paint pictures they just trace me."

"I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others/ I say a BIG verse I'm just big uppin my brother."

"Far from a Harvard student just had the balls to do it"

"God forgive me for my brash delivery/But I remember vividly what these streets did to me"

Encore:

"Soon you gonna see that you can't replace him with cheap immitations for these generations."

"From Marcy to Madison square, the only difference is a matter of years."

"You want in the game attention new dudes, I could get you BET and TRL too, you want in the public send ya budget, but fuck it, I ain't budgin'"

"Record companies told me I couldn't cut it, now look at me all star studded, God Father above par like I putted."

Change Clothes and Go(It's the one to sell records):

"I am to the East Coast what Snoop is to the West Coast what Face is to Huston"

Dirt Off Your Shoulder:

"All the rappers be hatin of the trap I be makin/ but the hustlers love to see one of us that made it"

Threat:

" Now its a duet, you wet when you check out the technique from the two techs"

"You looking at the black Warren Buffett so all you critics can duck sick"

"We rat pack ni**as let Sam tap dance on you, then I Sinatra shot ya God damn you."

"You wish I was frontin, I George Bush the button for the oil in your car, lift up ya hood then run it, then lift up your whole hood like there was oil under it."

"You ain't gotta go to church you'll get to know your God"

Moment of Clarity:

"Pop died, didn't cry, didn't know him that well, from him doin heroin and me doin crack sales."

"I probably be lyrically Talib Kweli, truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense, but I did five mil, and ain't been rhymin like Common since."

99 Problems:

The whole part with him talking about the cop is hot.

"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some typa Lawyer or something, somebody important or something?

I ain't passed the bar but I know a little bit, enough that you won't illegally search my shit."

"Not a ho in the sense of having a pussy, but a pussy havin no goddamn sense tryna push me."

"You know the type loud as a motor bike but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight."

"There I go trapped in the Kit-Kat again, back through the system with the riff raff again."

Interlude:

"My name is Hove, H to the O V, I used to move snowflake by the O Z"

"Flyer than the piece of paper bearing my name."

"Let me tell you dudes what I'll do to protect this, I'll shoot at you actors like movie directors."

"I never claimed to have wings on, I get my by any means on whenever there's a drought, get your umbrellas out cause thats when I brainstorm."

Justify My Thug:

(With a fuckin MADONNA sample.)

"I never asked for nothin I ain't demand in myself, honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth."

"Foolish pride was what held me together through the years I wasn't felt, which is why I never played myself."

"Don't be actin like you can't see street action."

"I put my faith in a tech, tell satan not yet."

"When you've been wrong all along and you know it's just one life at what point does one fight?"

"For you not to bark try and put ya dogs in his 10 and a halfs for a minute and a half, I bet that stops all the grinnin and the laughs."

Lucifer (This beat is sooo fucking hot right here):

"Lord forgive him he got those dark forces in him, but he also got a righteous cause for sinnin."

"Jesus, I ain't tryin to be facicious, but vengance is mine said the Lord, he said it better than all."

"I can introduce you to ya maker, bring you closer to nature, ashes after they cremate you bastards, hope you've been reading your Psalms and Chapters, paying your tithes being good Catholics."

"The more you talk the more you urkin us, the more you gonna need memorial services."

"The Black Album second verse is like devil's pie, save some dessert for us."

Allure:

"I put my feet in the footprints left to me without saying a word, the ghettos got mental telepathy."

"I know how this movie ends but I still play, a leading role in Hovito's way."

"I'm like a Russian Mobsta drinkin distilled vodka, till I'm under the field with Hoffa."

"Hill top I'm like a toupee, mix the water with the soda turn the pot up make a soufle, all yall can get it like group page in ya two way, I'm living proof that crime do pay. Say hooray to the bad guy and all the broads."

"Blink twice I'm in the blueberry five, blink three times I might not even be alive."

My 1st Song (You gotta hear the flow on this one):

"When I born it was sworn I was never gon' be shit, had to do the opposite, out this bitch, had to get my plot on."

"This is my second major break up, my first was with a page up a hoopty a cook pot in the game."

WHOA.

So add shit to this, tell me I'm a wack mainstream lover and the only real rap is in the underground, whatever, just let me know...

Breathe Easy...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Weapon X

Is it true that the album in the stores is quite different from the one floating on the internet? Regardless, this album is amazing. I particularly like 99 Problems, but every song is good. Wicked production on most songs, too.

true indeed... my copy has songs added,deleted, title changes, and the tracklisting is fucked up...overall its best getting the internet copy.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

if he kicked out 2 more albums of these latest quality then i think he'd be up there with 2pac.

blueprint 1 is one of the dopest albums of the last ten years.

i'm so sick of people talking about how great pac is. the only people who liked pac when he was alive were wiggers and black girls who loved short guys. i mean, fools liked him, but NO ONE jocked him like they do now. somehow in the middle of the nas-jigga beef, pac became the greatest emcee of all times....complete shit. everyone talks about how much they love him, but dont anyone actually listen to his shit but white kids with dirt-stache's in beat up mustangs!

dude was charismatic, but not the greatest emcee ever.

not even close.

seeks/dont believe the hype

Originally posted by seeking

blueprint 1 is one of the dopest albums of the last ten years.

i'm so sick of people talking about how great pac is. the only people who liked pac when he was alive were wiggers and black girls who loved short guys. i mean, fools liked him, but NO ONE jocked him like they do now. somehow in the middle of the nas-jigga beef, pac became the greatest emcee of all times....complete shit. everyone talks about how much they love him, but dont anyone actually listen to his shit but white kids with dirt-stache's in beat up mustangs!

dude was charismatic, but not the greatest emcee ever.

not even close.

seeks/dont believe the hype

From my vague understanding, wasn't the admiration for Tupac more for him being a voice of the poor black community rather than his MC skills?

I used to listen to Tupac back in the day. He had some real shit to say, wasn't just rapping about Courvoisier and bling bling all the time....

But I don't know anything, maybe this is just my opinion :o

Twopack is overrated.

Fuck downloading the internet shit. Some asshole is always out to ruin it for every person who is waiting for the actual release in stores. Out comes a leak, album get's pushed back, on and on. I'm buying it when it comes out, in the mean time I'm just listening to clips on sandboxautomatic.

thats cause there was no message.

he would flip back and forth from 'dear momma' or whatever the fuck it was called, to getting sentenced to prison for rape.

its a crock of shit.

the only 'truth' about pac, was that he truly was a fairly decent representation of young black males in america; angry enough to bitch and complain about things being unjust, but not concerned enough to try and make the situation better or enact any kind of real change, and more than willing to pull their brothers and sisters down in order to get a leather jacket or new rims.

dude was angry when it served a purpose, a ladies man when he wanted pussy, and a revolutionary when...when...ummmm, when the source and XXL needed a black man they could turn into a martyr.

his mom was a black panther, then she became a crack head, but somehow the crack head part is overlooked, and actually glorified, cause it shows how 'proud' and 'strong' she was....strong enough to smoke crack and neglect her family? not that im bagging on his mom, but its the exact same selective memory that people use with pac.

tupac went to ny's school for the performing arts aka: FAME school. thats not gangster. dudes an actor.

dont believe the hype, dude was not that dope.

and as far as sales, the people buying pacs tapes for the most part, are the lowest common demoniator of music listener. young, broke, ignorant and predominately white.

now, im not saying that dude wasnt talented, or that there arent people who genuinely like his music, that are intelligent, but the hype has become far larger than the man, or his music.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

KRS-ONE is the greatest Emcee!

you suckazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

a lil contradictory, but still one of the

best wordsmiths in the game.

I agree with Seeking, to a point,

and I agree with Tease to a point.

Ive liked Pac since he came out

with "I Get Around", who didnt?!

He was a damn good rapper, but as

a person, I dunno. He was a wild

person, and didnt really give a shit.

Notorious was a better rapper IMO.

He just didnt get enough material

out there like Pac.

The album is officially out now, you don't have to bootleg it or lie to the "slow" kids at F. Meyers.

"everyone talks about how much they love him, but dont anyone actually listen to his shit but white kids with dirt-stache's in beat up mustangs!"

Sooo true, these are the obsessed Tupac fans that still bump his shit and nothing else, and think every rapper after him is shit, and pray he's coming back. I think he might come back, but come on, let the man rest peacefully.

and people that think Jay is all about bling bling ice and private jets are missing the point.

Milton (Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?)

Originally posted by E MARTYR

pac was way dope, and ill bump 2pac til i die. shit is dope. and pac was liked when he was here you cornball... think the sales show that...

and yea the blueprint 1.0 was good, first solid album he had since reasonable doubt.

and i never said pac was the greatest mc, more like greatest rap artist, mc's more of a hiphop term, leaning towards more lyrical content etc... which you know. and pac did have lyrics to, but no he wasnt the greatest. best "rap artist" hands down though...

and yousa hater.

haha ;)

the sales show he sold a LOT MORE once he died- he had MORE HITS once he died.... and my collection stayed the same - zero- fucking no album he put out was worth having in my opinion....a song here and there, but i could have definitely lived without him...he was charismatic and thats about it.... and you're a wigger so we expect you to "bump pac" til the day that you die...

but the new Jay Z is fucking ILL....9th wonder hit my man off with a copy and its fire....9ths beat is whoa too...gotta love the hometown producer......

damn. the guy is dead. have a little respect. Tupac may not have been a top ten in your hip hop rate a mc chart. But he sure fucks up anything anticon produced.

"young, broke, ignorant and predominately white."

that sounds like a few of my friends.

dont talk shit on Tupac, first off his click continues to be better than yours and second he was murdered in cold blood.

i mean.....you want me to repost john walker lynns rap....cause your saying pretty much the same thing.

Jay Z is raw and skilled....so focus on that and not tearing apart the rap career of the son of Black Panther who was shot to death at a young age.

no offense/i just disagree with your logic and am kind of offended at the negative stance your taking on another rapper. and if you think all Tupacs fans are white...go say this shit to people in Oakland and see what they tell you.

Originally posted by seeking

thats cause there was no message.

he would flip back and forth from 'dear momma' or whatever the fuck it was called, to getting sentenced to prison for rape.

its a crock of shit.

the only 'truth' about pac, was that he truly was a fairly decent representation of young black males in america; angry enough to bitch and complain about things being unjust, but not concerned enough to try and make the situation better or enact any kind of real change, and more than willing to pull their brothers and sisters down in order to get a leather jacket or new rims.

dude was angry when it served a purpose, a ladies man when he wanted pussy, and a revolutionary when...when...ummmm, when the source and XXL needed a black man they could turn into a martyr.

his mom was a black panther, then she became a crack head, but somehow the crack head part is overlooked, and actually glorified, cause it shows how 'proud' and 'strong' she was....strong enough to smoke crack and neglect her family? not that im bagging on his mom, but its the exact same selective memory that people use with pac.

tupac went to ny's school for the performing arts aka: FAME school. thats not gangster. dudes an actor.

dont believe the hype, dude was not that dope.

and as far as sales, the people buying pacs tapes for the most part, are the lowest common demoniator of music listener. young, broke, ignorant and predominately white.

now, im not saying that dude wasnt talented, or that there arent people who genuinely like his music, that are intelligent, but the hype has become far larger than the man, or his music.

setting shit straight..

Tupac was from Baltimore

he grew up in a neighborhood called Northwood in, surprise, NorthEast Baltimore..a lower-middle class area, low crime, very little drugs..

he went to the Baltimore School for the Arts

(with Jada Pinkett, who's father is big in Baltimore's lawyers scene)

i am sure his mom smoked a few back when crack hit the streets hard

but he grew up a LONG WAY from our worst ghettos.

I didn't know Tupac was from Baltimore.

all im trynna say is Tupac was not a wack Mc. this topic is about Jay Z's new shit you know......so im gettin dissed cause i like Tupac. I like pretty much everything....i think its wack to even sit around dissing someone who came up...even if he wasnt raised in the ghetto and got to go to a good school....were you raised in the ghetto seeking? did you sell crack on the corner? you know.....he came up with Dr. Dre Snoop and got fucking shot to death under thirty. is that not street credentialed enough for you?

some points...

The only realistic article I've ever seen was printed in the New Yorker

and it deals with his move from being a Baltimore Arts student to the 'ghetto'

where he found fame and fortune at the expense of the lessons he learned in the past.

Vice Magazine says:

Tupac was an incredibly faggy acotor who played a gangter and stayed like that for the rest of his life.

lots of people have lots of opinions.

All I know if that 'Rest In Peace' sure doesn't apply to him.

Archived