1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

That New Jay!!! BLACK ALBUM REVIEW

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

That New Jay!!! BLACK ALBUM REVIEW

Discussion started by Milton - Nov 14, 2003

I just got it cause I convinced the idiot at Fred Meyer that it actually got released today. "Oh ya, I heard it on the radio, and I'm sure they're selling it at Circuit City already."

So this is in the Reasonable Doubt territory if not better. Maybe its just the hype, but the whole thing is FIRE. I'm saying the hottest mainstream hip-hop/rap album of the last 5 years at least, period.

Here goes the quotable shit song by song:

December 4th:
    "I went to school got good grades good behaved when I wanted/ But I had demons deep inside that were raised when confronted..."

"Momma couldn't beat me hard enough to match the pain of my pop not seein me."

What More Can I Say:
    "They don't paint pictures they just trace me."

"I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others/ I say a BIG verse I'm just big uppin my brother."

"Far from a Harvard student just had the balls to do it"

"God forgive me for my brash delivery/But I remember vividly what these streets did to me"

Encore:
    "Soon you gonna see that you can't replace him with cheap immitations for these generations."

"From Marcy to Madison square, the only difference is a matter of years."

"You want in the game attention new dudes, I could get you BET and TRL too, you want in the public send ya budget, but fuck it, I ain't budgin'"

"Record companies told me I couldn't cut it, now look at me all star studded, God Father above par like I putted."

Change Clothes and Go(It's the one to sell records):
    "I am to the East Coast what Snoop is to the West Coast what Face is to Huston"

Dirt Off Your Shoulder:
    "All the rappers be hatin of the trap I be makin/ but the hustlers love to see one of us that made it"

Threat:
    " Now its a duet, you wet when you check out the technique from the two techs"

"You looking at the black Warren Buffett so all you critics can duck sick"

"We rat pack ni**as let Sam tap dance on you, then I Sinatra shot ya God damn you."

"You wish I was frontin, I George Bush the button for the oil in your car, lift up ya hood then run it, then lift up your whole hood like there was oil under it."

"You ain't gotta go to church you'll get to know your God"

Moment of Clarity:
    "Pop died, didn't cry, didn't know him that well, from him doin heroin and me doin crack sales."

"I probably be lyrically Talib Kweli, truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense, but I did five mil, and ain't been rhymin like Common since."

99 Problems:

The whole part with him talking about the cop is hot.
    "Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some typa Lawyer or something, somebody important or something?
    I ain't passed the bar but I know a little bit, enough that you won't illegally search my shit."

"Not a ho in the sense of having a pussy, but a pussy havin no goddamn sense tryna push me."

"You know the type loud as a motor bike but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight."

"There I go trapped in the Kit-Kat again, back through the system with the riff raff again."

Interlude:
    "My name is Hove, H to the O V, I used to move snowflake by the O Z"

"Flyer than the piece of paper bearing my name."

"Let me tell you dudes what I'll do to protect this, I'll shoot at you actors like movie directors."

"I never claimed to have wings on, I get my by any means on whenever there's a drought, get your umbrellas out cause thats when I brainstorm."

Justify My Thug:
    (With a fuckin MADONNA sample.)
    "I never asked for nothin I ain't demand in myself, honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth."

"Foolish pride was what held me together through the years I wasn't felt, which is why I never played myself."

"Don't be actin like you can't see street action."

"I put my faith in a tech, tell satan not yet."

"When you've been wrong all along and you know it's just one life at what point does one fight?"

"For you not to bark try and put ya dogs in his 10 and a halfs for a minute and a half, I bet that stops all the grinnin and the laughs."

Lucifer (This beat is sooo fucking hot right here):
    "Lord forgive him he got those dark forces in him, but he also got a righteous cause for sinnin."

"Jesus, I ain't tryin to be facicious, but vengance is mine said the Lord, he said it better than all."

"I can introduce you to ya maker, bring you closer to nature, ashes after they cremate you bastards, hope you've been reading your Psalms and Chapters, paying your tithes being good Catholics."

"The more you talk the more you urkin us, the more you gonna need memorial services."

"The Black Album second verse is like devil's pie, save some dessert for us."

Allure:
    "I put my feet in the footprints left to me without saying a word, the ghettos got mental telepathy."

"I know how this movie ends but I still play, a leading role in Hovito's way."

"I'm like a Russian Mobsta drinkin distilled vodka, till I'm under the field with Hoffa."

"Hill top I'm like a toupee, mix the water with the soda turn the pot up make a soufle, all yall can get it like group page in ya two way, I'm living proof that crime do pay. Say hooray to the bad guy and all the broads."

"Blink twice I'm in the blueberry five, blink three times I might not even be alive."

My 1st Song (You gotta hear the flow on this one):

"When I born it was sworn I was never gon' be shit, had to do the opposite, out this bitch, had to get my plot on."

"This is my second major break up, my first was with a page up a hoopty a cook pot in the game."

WHOA.

So add shit to this, tell me I'm a wack mainstream lover and the only real rap is in the underground, whatever, just let me know...

Breathe Easy...

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller 12oz Elite Member

Ferris Bueller - Replied Nov 14, 2003

WHAT MORE CAN I SAYYYYYYY

it's going to be heat.

Ferris Bueller - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller 12oz Elite Member

Ferris Bueller - Replied Nov 14, 2003

Haha...I heard a recording of "What More Can I Say?" played on Hot97 right after it was done with Young Guru yelling "NO BOOTLEG NO BOOTLEG....IM YELLING OVER THE TRACK LIKE CLUE!! HAHA"

Ferris Bueller - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Milton

Milton - Replied Nov 14, 2003

Hhahaha,

At the end Jay's talking and he's like "Guru, you know I spoiled you, nobody else is gonna do this shit in one take..."

5. Milton

No disrespect, but he is.

6. Milton

Pac was the most prolific ever, but as far as talent goes Jay is close, really close.

If you compare Pac's shit at his prime with Jays shit on R. Doubt, or right now its close.

7. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Nov 14, 2003

Is it true that the album in the stores is quite different from the one floating on the internet? Regardless, this album is amazing. I particularly like 99 Problems, but every song is good. Wicked production on most songs, too.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. KRONOLOGIK

KRONOLOGIK 12oz Member

KRONOLOGIK - Replied Nov 14, 2003

Cop that son.

KRONOLOGIK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. i11igul

i11igul 12oz Senior Member

i11igul - Replied Nov 14, 2003

didn't know it was out yet, looks good from here

i11igul - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Nov 14, 2003

i want it
    give it to me
    along with that swet, nasty and gushy stuff

11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Nov 14, 2003

i got yo gushy stuff right here:lol:

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  12. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Nov 14, 2003

guacamole?

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Nov 14, 2003

how about some agarose gel ?
    [i'm in laboratory hell]

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  14. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

Sarah Tonin - Replied Nov 14, 2003

true indeed... my copy has songs added,deleted, title changes, and the tracklisting is fucked up...overall its best getting the internet copy.

Sarah Tonin - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Nov 14, 2003

This CD is fire...:hatred: :king: :hatred:

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: