Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

That invincible feeling

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Lush, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Lush

Lush Member

Has anybody else ever gotten that feeling that they're invincible. I mean to the point where you feel you could jump off a four story building and land on the ground perfectly fine?

Last night I was at a party being held in an old movie theatre (very very cool).We were in the old projector room, and found a trap door in the ceiling that led to the roof. I was completely loaded, and I'm usually afraid of heights, but last night I had one of those terrible thoughts that if I jumped off the roof I'd be fine.

I would never (hopefully) ever act on one of these impulses, and have gotten them before (usually when I'm fucked up, but not normally when drunk), but can almost understand why someone would. I don't think I can explain, and I find it mildly scary that it would make sense at all. It's not like a suicide type attempt, but more an "I'm young and invincible, and the laws of physics can't hold me back" type deal.

So, has anybody else ever felt that way?

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

2. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

"you liked to think you were invincible yeah? well werent we all once before we felt loss for the first time"....yea i know what you mean.

3. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 Veteran Member

i usually do when im drunk

------------------
    http://www.brokenschool.com/12oz/signature.gif'>
    Broken Schooled

4. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i know what you mean. imnot invincible, and the cops could catch me.

5. atc

atc Member

"dude, look... we both know I'm about to jump off this balcony. But these people are in the way. So get them outta the way, I'll jump off this fuckin balcony, and we'll go buy some pizza."

-Me to my roomate before I jump over a 2nd story balcony at a party after seeing someone else alreay bust their ass.

------------------
    ABOVElabs.

6. cafe con leche

cafe con leche Member

i relate to that feeling through specific events some graffiti-related others just overcoming obstacles daily... if you treat it as it is ,a "high", it could be fulfilling in the sense that it might be perhaps a spiritual experience or more specifically an opportunity to grow as a person...

7. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

yeah ive done many things like that.. and gotten hurt pretty bad in the process.

one time.. at band camp..

no.. one time.. 3 stories.. me.. ground..ouch..

lets learn from our mistakes shall we?

8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.wfu.edu/users/akercs02/sky17.jpeg'>

------------------
    $$$[i]666[b]MAKROS[/b]666[/i]$$$

9. FUCK

FUCK New Jack

you think being drunk gives you that invincible feeling? try smoking a few jars of dust. you will think you're god.

10. keep

keep Guest

fuck dust...
    this made me feel like that for weeks
    http://yourphotos.com/users/3275/a3.jpg'>
    [img]http://yourphotos.com/users/3275/a4.jpg'>

oh and yes that is me and thats what a 5mm dermal punch thu your inner conch looks like. pretty yes?

[This message has been edited by keep (edited 07-23-2001).]

11. TOY

TOY New Jack

no. i wish i did sometimes.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

man, when my connection is really going strong, and the servers are all synced up... i can close 2 threads a minute! if you wanna talk abotu feeling on the top of the world, you gotta talk abotu insulting some toys letters, calling someone a cop, an moving something from channel zero all the way to third rail, cause thats what this fucking game is about!

13. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx Senior Member

14. yeah seeking that was funny. but i know if yall are graff writers that when the chase is on.. i i know i feel invincible. like jumpin over barb wire and shit like it was my job.. when the jake is on your tail. you just run till tomorow.

15. keep

keep Guest

only 2 a minute? slacking in your old age