That Cat's Got Back Pains

cultural me

So i know that half of us have back problems, usually lower back problems. The stories range from lifting a fucking chair to breaking your shit on some stairs. I wanna' here you bitch about them now, cause you know it's never going to go away. if you do it once, you boned for life. no amount of excercises or yoga or weed can fix it.

mine?

in sophmore year of highschool i went on a normal camping trip with friends. was jumping off the waterfall which was 60 feet. two girls in bikini's show up and i start talking shit to my friend. immedietly climb out onto this sketch ass sloped ledge and jumped off at 75 feet. hit the water strait but my legs jerked out and spasemed by lower back. had to work the next day too, that was a bitch.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was at six flags, on the Superman ride. As one car goes around, the other loads up with people. So I get in my seat, and as I buckle my seatbelt, the car that's going around finishes it's lap, the brakes fail, and it rear-ends us at about 60 mph, pushing us forward about 30 feet.

As it turns out, the people from six flags are not trained to deal with that sort of thing.

A friend of mine, who was on the car that hit us, hit her head and got a skull-deep gash between her eyes. She was literally covered in blood, and I was sure she was going to die. She ended up with a Harry Potter scar. It fucked up her modeling career, but because of that, she got a crazy settlement out of them. All I got was eight months of unemployment and a bathtub full of percocet.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Mar 6 2006, 12:37 AM

I was at six flags, on the Superman ride. As one car goes around, the other loads up with people. So I get in my seat, and as I buckle my seatbelt, the car that's going around finishes it's lap, the brakes fail, and it rear-ends us at about 60 mph, pushing us forward about 30 feet.

As it turns out, the people from six flags are not trained to deal with that sort of thing.

A friend of mine, who was on the car that hit us, hit her head and got a skull-deep gash between her eyes. She was literally covered in blood, and I was sure she was going to die. She ended up with a Harry Potter scar. It fucked up her modeling career, but because of that, she got a crazy settlement out of them. All I got was eight months of unemployment and a bathtub full of percocet.

fuck that sucks!!...was this the superman ride @ magic mountain?.....we went to one of the six flags parks one time...we got on this one ride.. that hella jerks around...my homie had "diamond stud" earings in ...i guess the ride jerked too hard and he banged his ear up against the restraint thing....we got off the ride and he was bleeding all over the place pretty bad....but the funny thing was people seen all the blood and were freaking out...i think it scared some people out of the line...lol :haha:

Guest KING BLING

I haven't messed up my back...yet. But I was a catcher when I played baseball as a kid, I played for about 6 years consistantly for two teams (including a game at the Vet to those from Philly) and it left my knees completely shot. They even get sharp pains when its cold outside...

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Mar 6 2006, 08:37 AM

Thats nasty, I also have a 'harry potter' scar thanks to a hockey stick

I'm always having lower back pains. It started with me falling off a roof a few years ago.

Now it just gets worse if I spend a few hours hunched over the hood of a car.

I'm thinking about sporting a weightlifting belt, like my dad does at work. Not sure how effective it is, though.

my back is fucked...In like a one year span I fell down a elevator shaft and landed back first onto a latter, then got into a car accident(was rear ended twice), and then fell carrying some heavy shit(slipped on a powercord crossing the threashold of a doorway that was not properly secured) landed on my back and the shit landed on top me.

I had to have two surgerys becuse one one my discs herniated and pinched my spine and I was losing feelin and motor skills in my left leg and lower parts of my body.

amazing shit is today I am dont have anyproblems except for serious aches and some lifting restrictions.

I have been on workers comp for like 2 years and am pursuing a settlement.

I used to work at a mountain, like the skiing and snowboarding type, and they had just put together a tube park. A tube park, for those of you who don't know, is basically big-ass hill where you rent out a glorified version of an inner-tube and slide down the hill for fun. Most of the clientele staggered over from the lodge next door, shitty drunk wanting to slide down a hill. You'd be amazed how many people think sliding headfirst down an ice chute is a good fucking plan.

Before I talk about my back problems, let me fill you in on the layout of the park. On one side, there's a "lift" of sorts, similar to a regular ski lift, the kind they use to take you up a bunny slope, with the little handles you hang on to and the machine pulls you up to the top. The one at the tube park had little "hooks" where you attached the handle of the inner tubes and the machine pulls them up the hill. Now, after about 6pm, the hooks would get covered with enough ice that half the tubes would slip off, and people would go careening down the hill, smashing into other tubes on the lift or flying off into the woods on the side. So many injuries, mostly minor. At the top of the hill was a flat area where you waited your turn to be pushed down by one of the park employees.

Anyways, the hill itself was about 200 yards long, give or take, about a 20 degree grade, and divided into lanes with little snow banks. You got some good speed flying down this thing, especially when it got icy later in the night. At the bottom was a big wall of inner tubes tied together, so when people got to the bottom they smashed into that instead of flying off down into the rocky abyss below. Like the drunken dumbfucks they are, half the people would slide down, then get up and go racing back to the lift, but not realize they had to take their tubes with them. It would be some poor employees job to dodge the people flying down the hill and retreive the tubes. The guys at the top weren't supposed to push anyone down while a guy was retreiving tubes, but some of the customers were gung-ho and just fired themselves down the hill instead of waiting to be pushed. You always had to watch out for some nitwit.

You can probably guess what's coming next. Aside from the people flying down the hill and leaving their tubes behind, some people would just sit in the tube, I guess assuming that someone would show up to pull them back to the lift. More accidents. Imagine some little kid sitting in an inner tube, with a huge, drunk football player, legs up in the air howling with glee, going 40 mph down an ice chute right towards them. Usually we would shout at the people to get out of the way, but people usually aren't paying attention.

So this one time the place was fucking packed. Seriously, there must have been 200 morons wanting to slide down a hill. Long ass queues for the lift and everything. It's dark and getting late, and I'm at the bottom on retreival duty with this kid Derek. This little kid, maybe 10-11, is sitting there at the bottom, thumb up his ass, and people are just sailing down towards him. He finally gets up, starts happily walking towards the lift, and is promptly taken out by some big guy. Now, the kid didn't just get hit, he got smashed. His legs got swept out from underneath him, and he's down for the count. The kid is lying there like a stone, so I'm like "Oh Shit." Derek radios up to the top to tell them not to send anyone down, and I run over to check on the kid. As I'm running over, I forget to look for traffic and I hear this "whump" noise. Next thing I know, I wake up in the Ski Patrol hut, laid out on a gurney with a neck brace. I have no idea what happened, but I got whiplash and a severe concussion. Turns out as I was running over to the kid, some 300lb fat lady is screaming down the hill and rams right into me. I did a flip in the air and landed right on my head. For her troubles, she got a nice shiner from one of my boots. The kicker to the story is that neither of us could do anything about it, because you have to sign a waiver to ride the tube-park, and i had to sign a waiver when i was hired, absolving the mountain of all liability from injuries sustained while on the job. 1000's of dollars later, I still wake up sometimes and can't move my neck all day. I have about 20% range of motion before I'm in extreme pain. I become pretty much useless. Fucking sucks. Luckily, it seems to be happening less and less frequently over time.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Old Growth@Mar 6 2006, 01:18 PM

neither of us could do anything about it, because you have to sign a waiver to ride the tube-park, and i had to sign a waiver when i was hired, absolving the mountain of all liability from injuries sustained while on the job.

Did you ever ask a lawyer or did you take the potential defendants word for it?