TEXAS

pissdrunkwhat?!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas Proud

When I was a kid, I thought Texas was the boondocks. "Nothing cool ever happens here." I was full of shit, Texas rocks. You need to look for the good stuff happening, no matter where you live. Within a few months or a year or so (1969) of that nothing-cool statement ^, I had met Lightnin' Sam Hopkins and Mance Liscomb, watched Z.Z. Top play a neighborhood bar, helped the Ant Farm build a geodesic dome, been up to Austin to Willie Nelson's Fourth of July picnic, got to go backstage at a 13th Floor Elevators' show and a bunch of other stuff.

Don't glamorize shit that's happening in some far off place like L.A. or Chicago---make it happen right where you are. Some of the best damn graff I've ever seen in my life is right here in Houston, Texas. We got Rap-a-Lot Records, we got all kinds of cool shit happening right here in "boring" old Houston. If locals can make it happen here, you can be the guy in Podunk.

Archived