Tesseract Appreciation

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That uniform... man. I'm sure it has a lot of really beautiful history and tradition behind it, but goddamn is it silly-looking.

You better come back with pictures in uniform.

Hahaha, silly looking?! its completely horrific man...Anyway, what you all need to know is that the people that actually get to wear that uniform are the soldiers that have been selected to 'guard' the parliament and half a dozen other historical buildings in high touristic areas. By 'guarding' i mean that they just have to stand still for 2 hours, walk 100 meters to change guard and the rest of the day is free in athens. To put it simply these dudes serve as a touristic attraction. Because of that fact there are physical criteria to get the job, you have to be tall, well built and good looking in general. These guys are having the easiest army service and 99% of the time they end up relaxing by banging some hot ass tourist girl that slipped her hotel addy in their pocket while they were on guard.

I already have my paper and it sais HEAVY ARTILERY so chances are that i'll spend my 12 months really FAR away from home, possibly on some mountain on the greek-bulgarian borders or an island with a 2 digit population number...so if i could, i'd go for the skirt

Army is mandatory in Greece, there's no way to dodge it. 12 months isnt bad at all. My dad served 2.5 years and just 3 years ago service was 18 months. All my friends that finished school with me and didnt have plans for college served 18...while i was in college, times changed and i'll serve 12..i feel lucky for that.

well, pom pom's were placed on the tip of those shoes while greece was under the ottoman empire and greeks weren't allowed to have firearms. The pom pom was introduced as an aesthetical thing but the truth is that it was there to cover a really sharp metal nail that was placed there and it was the only weapon they had...its really sad that years later, the greeks freed them selfs from the empire, removed the nail from the shoe but kept the pom pom, hahaha

and no, theres no way i'm killing someone in my training other by making a mistake while shooting rounds or throwing a grenade, haha...get killed by some retard is a higher risk