Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Terrorists In The United States

Discussion in 'News' started by dojafx, Apr 12, 2005.

1. dojafx

dojafx Member

A Cuban exile, accused by President Fidel Castro Havana of plotting to kill him, is preparing to apply for asylum in the United States, his lawyer says.

Luis Posada Carriles managed to cross illegally into the US from Mexico, lawyer Eduardo Soto said.

Mr Castro called Mr Carriles, 77, "a monster" comparable to Osama Bin Laden, and demanded to know how he had breached US border security.

He is also wanted in Venezuela over the bombing of a Cuban airliner in 1976.

Seventy-three people were killed in that attack.

Mr Carriles once boasted of being responsible for a series of bomb attacks of Havana tourist spots in the 1990s.

In hiding

Five years ago he was arrested in Panama and accused of plotting to kill Fidel Castro during a summit there.

He was convicted of a lesser charge, but was later pardoned and freed by the outgoing Panamanian president - causing Cuba to break off diplomatic relations.

Since then he has been in hiding.

Mr Soto said he crossed the US-Mexican border some weeks ago, but would not reveal his whereabouts.

In a three-hour appearance on television on Monday, Mr Castro raged: "It is as if Bin Laden were in the United States and the US president did not know."

Mr Soto says his client will apply for asylum on Wednesday.

He says that his application will be based partly on his claim that he worked "directly and indirectly" for the CIA for years, and has thus helped US interests.

(source)

I wonder what the government will do about this gentleman, who is sought by different governments for carrying out terrorist attacks on innocent civilians. We shall see....

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

Well the US has a long history of harboring latin american terrorists... and even training them. Hence the school of the americas.

3. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

interesting last sentence.

4. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

Hes going to get his petition for asylum granted, im pretty sure of it. Castro isnt even all that good of a friend for the US to be doing him favors like that. So... lets put out the welcome mat for another US sponsored terrorist.

5. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

As has been stated on 12 Oz. often enough in regards to terrorists of every possible stripe---"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." I suppose it all depends upon which side you are on.

6. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

KaBar, get that bullshit out of here. If one of your family or friends boarded a subway car and where blown up or exposed to some kind of lethal chemical I'm sure your opinion would be slightly different. As much as I disagree with the provocative and counter-productive ways our country is going about handling business, I still would never sympathize with a person whos only motivation in life is to disrupt, and ideally end mine... I Don't really understand how you could.

7. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Member

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i agree, we already sponsored osama bin laden and even took him to fort benning georgia for training. he was schooled in our own back yard. how do you think he became sucha good terrorist? we showed him all of our tricks.

9. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

I'm no pacifist. There are some things worth dying for. And if there are some things worth dying for, there are things worth killing for. Terrorism is a a tool used by people too poor and powerless to buy cruise missles, B-52's, missle frigates and nuclear submarines. It's just regular old war, on a very cheap budget.

It does no good to say that terrorism is inhumane, or that it attacks innocent, defenseless people. That's a straw man argument. ALL war is inhumane and kills innocent, defenseless people. So what? The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, we returned the favor at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The Germans blitzed London, we burned hundreds of thousands of German civilians to death at Dresden.

Osama Bin Laden attacked the World Trade Center, and we will be hunting him down like a rat for years to come, along with all his terrorist organization. (We're getting them, too, a few at a time.)

This guy Posada Carriles that has been conducting guerrilla warfare in Cuba is only doing the EXACT SAME THING that Castro himself did in 1958-59 Cuba, against the goverment of Batista. Communism is a totalitarian form of government, so I shed no tears for Mr. Castro and his band of Merry Men. Too bad Posada Carriles wasn't better at his trade, maybe they could have gotten the Supreme Leader himself. To quote Lenin (or was it Stalin?) "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs."

10. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

True dat. The word "terrorist" often is used falsely to describe freedom fighters and gurilla warriors, and is never used to describe the actions of the US and US affiliated governments.

Not claiming to know shit about said dude, just stating a fact.

The US government kills inoscent civillians knowingly and on the regular with high technology. Then cries "Terrorists!!!" when someone else does the same shit to them with low technology. It's like swinging a sword at someone then bitching when they duck it and stab you with a pen knife.
    Not taking shit away from the countless innoscent American civillians that have died from "terrorism", but it's a fact that the government instigated shit. Do you really believe that that many people just desided to dedicate years of their lives to go through the training and shit to learn how to highjack a plain and kill mass amounts of Americans along with themselves just on a whim? Just because they hate us? The fact is that our government instigated it all (some people claim deliberately, just to have an excuse to usher in the new world order police state).

11. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Also... Was us dropping atomic bombs on Japan acts of "terrorism"?
    I mean it was a deliberate attack on inoscent civilians aimed at making a statement to their government to fall back and leave us alone right???

12. dojafx

dojafx Member

Regardless of what you think of Fidel Castro
    the fact remains, he attacked civilians in Venezuela, he plotted to bomb a auditorium in Panama, which had Panamanian students in it at the time.
    During the Cuban Revolution, auditoriums with students were not targeted by the Revolutionists, neither were commercial jetliners.
    I'm not sure how the government and people like you can use double standards and "condemn" terrorism when it comes from an Arab, but when it comes from a guy who doesnt like Castro its ok.
    Bin laden didnt like Sadaam either.

13. knuckle_game

knuckle_game New Jack

well said

14. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

dojafx---

Simple. It's because Castro, Osama Bin Laden, and all the pieces of shit like them are our enemies. They only recognize rules and law when it's convenient for them. When we get them on the ropes, they start squalling "No fair! No fair! Geneva Convention!"

Fuck 'em. Any way we can eliminate them is fine by me. They create conspiracies which have as their goal the murder of American citizens and our friends, and the destruction of our government and way of life. I see no reason to give them any quarter whatsoever.

The Japanese government, and by extension, the Japanese people, attacked the United States without warning, without a declaration of war, and without regard that Pearl Harbor Naval Station was smack in the middle of a populated area. Their goal was to completely destroy the Pacific Fleet, which at that time was the only genuine defense of the West Coast, if you don't count land-based aircraft and coastal artillery (coastal artillery was a big deal in 1941, but it's completely outdated now, of course.) They succeeded beyond their wildest hopes.

What the Japanese did not count on was the American people rebuilding all those warships in a matter of months, and being willing to sacrifice 330,000 lives to defeat them and Nazi Germany. If for no other reason, we bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki as PAYBACK for fucking with us in the first place. But the rationale was to demonstrate to Japan that we did not need to invade their island if we didn't want to do so (it was estimated that an invasion of mainland Japan would have cost at least a million American lives, and probably ten million Japanese lives.) And, of course, the Japanese did not realize we only had two bombs. The implication was "Give it up, or tomorrow Number Three falls on Tokyo."

Somehow or another some of you guys have the idea that the Japan of 1945 was like the Japan of today. Why do you think the Chinese are so pissed off about Japan trying to alter history in their school books? The Japanese murdered and raped and tortured and enslaved everybody within their reach during the WWII period. Sure, they're peaceful NOW. Haven't you ever heard of the Rape of Nanking? The Korean comfort women? (The Koreans still hate the Japanese for what they did.) The internment of the British civilians in concentration camps after the fall of Singapore? Medical experiments on POW's? The Death March of Bataan? The beheadings of POW's with samurai swords?

And, AFTER the war, we RE-BUILT JAPAN AND GERMANY. Our allies could not fucking believe it, and neither could the Japanese or the Germans. ("You're going to do bloody WHAT? After Singapore? You Yanks must be bloody crazy!") By 1955, only ten years after the war ended, Germany was once again a sovereign nation. And unbelieveably, sixty years later, they have the balls to talk shit to us. If we had executed the entire nation of Germany and split the land up into Allied colonies after WWII, nobody would have said shit. That's what Stalin and the USSR wanted to do, but Churchill, Roosevelt and De Gaulle wouldn't let them do it. Germany was to become "Europe's Trip Wire" to prevent the Russians from invading Europe. (Never mind. It was the Cold War. Remember? No, I guess you don't, it ended when you guys were still little kids.)

I have a hard time understanding why you guys think the U.S. is the bad guy. We are everybody's sugar daddy, all over the whole world--everybody has their hand out. I hope the American people get tired of it soon.

15. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

So in other words you're saying that Atom bombs deliberately dropped on civilians was payback for attacking a millitary base. And was aimed at sending a message to their government.

Not picking sides with the enemy, but don't you think 9-11 was "payback" (in their minds) for the shit we been doing in the middle east for decades? And aimed at sending a message to our government?