Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

!!!TERRORISM!!!

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by erosie, Feb 11, 2004.

1. erosie

erosie New Jack

...just wondering from across the pond ...what's all this war-against-terror shit doing to graffiti-writers in the US, after 9/11 and turning the country into a police-state...making writers easy targets for searches and suspicion...is there a big difference?

2. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

It's affected everyone who isn't rich, white, and republican.

3. metallix

metallix Elite Member

PATRIOR ACT = BAD NEWS FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES.

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I dunno...for me it's buisness as usual. There's always been a war on our kind. Two fucked up buildings didn't change much in my opinion

5. sneak

sneak Guest

i hear security is still tight in new york airports...
    i cant see any problems with me getting a pen in...is there?

6. GrafKix

GrafKix Senior Member

i havent felt a difference, infact i just smuggled A quater of some cannibus sativa with me while i took a plane to LA. They arent preventing shit.

7. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

yeah, it's had an impact.

a friend of mine was busted just after 9/11
    he thought it was likely because of highly 'vigilant' citizens

another friend of mine, geographically nowhere near the other dude, was basically threatened with terrorism charges during some shit he faced (over graffiti). the fbi wanted information, and came down hard.

because of the attacks, you can no longer bring spray paint on a carry on.

and you need a passport now to enter the u.s. from canada, which fucked me up.

8. newmark

newmark New Jack

yea...this sucks....I lost a couple to this.

9. adept

adept Junior Member

Well for one, it's wasted a bunch of money, made some things better, fucked some things over, overall not well thought-out. How's that for vague?

10. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

G.W's grandpa did all kinds of things for the nazis.

11. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

^^if by did things for them you mean profited from jewish prison camp labor, then yeah...

terrorism is a boogieman. getting up is just as hard or easy as it was before, but more citizens look at you if you don't "fit the neighborhood". i got stopped by a rentacop the other night, walking down the street because he was concerned i was lost. i had to explain that i lived there, and he didn't believe me, so i walked away. i got followed by a police car for two blocks until i went into my building and waved goodnight to them, then they drove away.

12. erosie

erosie New Jack

...sounds pretty fucked up. Spreading fear for political power-reasons is a pretty wellknown strategy throughout history...from the romans to Hitler...he used this tactic for his own reason too...using riot-groups to break things down and spread fear, and after that saying he was the man to fight this "terror"...sounds like history repeating over and over. Last time i was in NY i was surprised to see the complete madness in the airports...all people lined up taking off their shoes...why? As if someone is stupid enough to try this bombshoe trick twice...it has a complete other purpose ofcourse...showing who is in control and that EVERYTHING IS DONE to stop terrorism. It seems strange to see the protection of a "free" country happening by making the country anything BUT free, spreading fear and suspicion.:innocent:

13. rinse

rinse Member

i wouldnt say we live in a police state yet. not any more than we ever did anyways. why is that the way the media over there is portraying the situation over here?
    the changes arent really everyday apperent. not in my existance, then again i'm not a world player terrorist either.

14. erosie

erosie New Jack

...it's not so much what the media over here says about your "police-state"-country...mostly much that is said about the US is not far away from what is actually happening over here as well...look at the situation in France for instance and how effectively graffiti-"terrorists" are fucked there...it's more that the policy of the US seems to be quite simple as it comes down to "terrorism", affecting all...so also people in the street i guess.

15. Dr. EZ

Dr. EZ New Jack

Since 9/11 mr Bush has been able to uses the threat of terrroism to get what ever he wants, from Unjustifeid wars to endless homeland security laws. Altough you may not notice the changes in your daily life, the government is slowly taking complete control of our lifes keeping us living in fear by using the mass media to drill our heads with violent images over and over and prevent us from seeing the whole truth . I feel we can use graffiti to provide our on message and try and get the truth out there.

OSAMA BIN LADEN is Dead and was long before 9/11 so dont believe the hype.