temptation...

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

:spin2: Canada senate recommends legalizing marijuana!

Ranked by the United Nations as the best country in the world to live for eight consecutive years, Canada deserves serious consideration as a place to settle down, raise a family, pursue a career or start a business.

more than half of canada's province's allow same sex-marriage

:nope:

the pros?

You really can only understand them by being here.

It's like trying to describe 'red' to someone who is blind.

the cons: it can get cold, but no more than an american city.

we have amazing schools at a fraction of the price of their US peers.

The way it's broken down here is 'Colleges' which get you a diploma but not a Degree, and Universities that get that degree. It's not like in the US where 'State College' is looked at as a failure or if you dont have the quality grades. I went to a college for film and let me tell you, it wasnt easy to get in. But the up side...... it was something like 2K a semester as opposed to say the 30K per year that it would be at Tisch (NYU Film). Our versions of the 'Ivy Leagues' are well known world wide and produce lots of quality grads. Probably the Best for an American coming up would be U of Toronto (law, biz, medical etc) - McGill (montreal for science)... Queens, Vancover, Western......

if you have specific questions, just ask.

Ink's totally got it with the Maclean's Report.

and in general Canada is WAY more into letting students

come to live here than adults. Then once you get in as a student

you can stick around as a landed resident. You pay tax, you have

benefits, but you dont vote. Hell.... sounds like most americans!

$2000 a semester? Canadian?! Fuck, I could go to college and get a Bentley!

Toronto is dealwithable. Shit, didn't they just open up a ridiculously humongous skatepark there with a concrete fullpipe? I'm there! If I get rejected from Sarah Lawrence, it's Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, or London for me.

this is ttboy

canadas a good place to live, it seems cheap, but its not that cheap. school is compared to the us, but cost of living isnt so cheap. smokes are like 8 for a pack, a 4 pack of strongbow just cost me 11.73. rent out west isnt cheap, but if you live kinda ghetto, its not bad. but us ghetto and canada ghetto is very different. the schools are just as good as well.

as for weather, if your from chicago, portland, detroit or the northeast its just as cold. theres loads of jobs, but it isnt easy to immigrate unless you have job skills, or are a student. its almost scandanavian in some ways, cold, high tax, good social care, very liberal etc etc.

theres loads of skate spots, good graffiti scene, good bands, and the skiing/boarding is the jam. oh, montreal is a chill city, but learning french is ging to be a factor in living in the province of quebec. you dont have to, but kind of should.

was that website put together by an American?

its not that easy for you yanks to get into Canada and be allowed to stay under refugee or get citizenship ... I was listening to my local radio morning show on the way to school the other day they just ran some facts ... they said it would take something like 5 years for the whole legal process to go through and by then bush would be forced out of office anyways...

but think of the HELL bush will cause in the next term.

It's not like the next prez will be able to undo all of the

shit Bush (err.... Oil Money) is going to cause.

Like TT said, living isn't really that cheap. It all works out

to be about the same as in the US considering most factors.

If you live in a nice place, expect to pay for it. If you want

to have fancy dinners and drink good wine, you will pay for it.

If you want to smoke cigs and drink ciders, you will pay.

However.... if you get in a car accident, your parents wont have

to morgage the family home to cover the bills. Get cheap health

insurace to cover the small things and let the govt cover your ass.

relying simply on the Gov't wont save you in case of a major emergency,

but the little things ease the pain.

Plus we still can joke about fat people because half of our population isn't bordering on obesity.