Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Teh Martial Arts thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by meatlocker, May 6, 2005.

1. meatlocker

meatlocker Junior Member

Just curious to see if any of you guys trained in any martial arts. got into brazilian jiu jitsu recently and it's more fun than a barrel of monkies. Being a white belt i do get tapped often, but that's part of the fun. I'm hoping to train at the machado school over the summer.

2. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

I had karate classes when I was 7.
    Gymnastics while I was 8 threw 10.
    Soccer from 10 yrs- 12 yrs.

All which coincadently laid the foundation from 18 to current: DIM MAK.

There are no classes, at least that I know of. I have a good amount of books
    and instructional tapes on the form and studied along with my closest friends.

I've only had to use the knowledge once.

3. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

judo for a while then i quit...

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I'm going for my green belt in Goju-Ryu this month.

I set up a badass makiwara in my house.
    It's really just a hard canvas sack and mine's filled with white beans
    and copper BB's. Hitting a heavy bag after the makiwara is like punching a pillow.

[​IMG]

* mine has more blood spots on it. Not that there's any comparison to Bruce Lee.

5. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

i did tae kwon do from teh time I was 6 until I was 16. I got to second degree black belt.

I haven't really done anything with martial arts since then and I am thinking about getting into moi thai kickboxing or gracie ju jitsu.

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

shorin ru and ishin ru

7. meatlocker

meatlocker Junior Member

:haha: at the dim mak.

what's sparring like in goju ryu?

8. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

4 years of aikido and 2 years of tai kwon do. None of which I remember.

9. heroin dart

heroin dart Senior Member

10. FunktionOne

FunktionOne Member

I did karate for a while but about a year ago I started learning submission holds and grappeling

11. Wink ONE

Wink ONE Junior Member

I think I want something else, though...more ninja-like.

12. I'm still fucking sleeping on capoeira lessons. I need to get off my ass.

13. macabre

macabre New Jack

i did a style called da chi, a combination of wing chun, kung fu, animal and a few others. i quit to put more time into my flatland bmx.
    word

14. Hot Potato

Hot Potato New Jack

yeah ive been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for little over a year now. it really is fun and most important of all practical.

which Machado are you planning on training under? theyre all top shelf but i personally think Jean Jacques is the best.

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned