1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Teen Burns Himself Copying 'Jackass' Stunt

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ETHREADZNY, Nov 12, 2002.

1. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY 12oz Elite Member

Teen Burns Himself Copying 'Jackass' Stunt

Discussion started by ETHREADZNY - Nov 12, 2002

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A 15-year-old Washington state boy suffered serious burns when he set himself on fire trying to re-enact a stunt from MTV's controversial show "Jackass," police said on Monday.

The boy from the Seattle suburb of Bellevue, Washington, soaked his shirt in rubbing alcohol late on Friday and ignited it while his friends stood by with a video camera shooting footage they planned to sell, police and local media reported.

After suffering first-degree burns over his face and upper body, the teen-ager initially told police that someone had set his clothes on fire while he walked on a trail after attending a high school football game in Issaquah, Washington, police said.

But police later recovered a backpack containing an alcohol-soaked T-shirt, lighter fluid and a video camera.

"The stunt obviously went very wrong," Issaquah police said in a statement, adding that the boy could face obstruction of justice charges for lying about the incident, requiring extra police work.

The "Jackass" show depicting outrageous and dangerous stunts by paid actors aired on Viacom Inc.'s youth-oriented MTV in 2000 and 2001 and then was canceled. But a movie version opened in theaters three weeks ago and has raked in $53.3 million at the box office.

The movie includes the following disclaimer: "The stunts in this movie were performed by professionals, so, neither you nor your dumb buddies should attempt anything from this movie."

"We're sorry when anybody gets hurt; however, nothing like this incident described ever aired on the show or in the movie," said an MTV spokeswoman.

In 2001, "Jackass" star Johnny Knoxville donned a fireproo

ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE BLAMING IT ON TV< PARENTS SHOULD TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY.

ETHREADZNY - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 12oz Member

Fabo 2 - Replied Nov 12, 2002

eine

hahahaha, funny shite

Fabo 2 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. zen

zen New Jack

zen - Replied Nov 12, 2002

so why did they say he copied jack ass when it isnt even a jack ass stunt? dill weed press.

zen - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. duffman

duffman Guest

duffman - Replied Nov 12, 2002

fucken moron

5. dukeofyork

dukeofyork 12oz Senior Member

dukeofyork - Replied Nov 12, 2002

yes, johnny knoxville did set himself on fire.

i cant believe you all dont remember it.

dukeofyork - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Nov 12, 2002

Its not TV, its not the parents, this kid is just fucking stupid. On what planet does soaking your shirt in lighter fluid and setting yourself on fire seem like a good idea? I did some stupid shit when I was 15, but this kid is a good candidate for the darwin awards....natural selection at its finest.

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. zen

zen New Jack

zen - Replied Nov 12, 2002

hahaha natural selection. fucking brilliant.

zen - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. Grandola

Grandola 12oz Senior Member

Grandola - Replied Nov 12, 2002

tv is funny and people are idiots

Grandola - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

TV is funny BECAUSE people are idiots.

jackass or no jackass, stupid kids will emulate stupid shit no matter what it is. remember that movie where the kids layed down on the divider strip of a highway, then some kid did it on a dare and got run over? shit, I think that was a disney movie. It happens with everything, its not like jackass is that different. despite the hysteria they try to surround it with.

10. YinzerXpress

YinzerXpress Guest

YinzerXpress - Replied Nov 12, 2002

it was "The Program" with james caan, a football movie, i remember when that shit happened

11. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

thanks, I knew it had somthing to do with football, but I couldn't remember. they pulled the scene after that if I remember correctly. shit, that was about 5-6 years ago I guess. shit doesnt ever change.

12. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Nov 12, 2002

definitely not the brightest light on the porch....