Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

TeeHeeHee Nobody calls it that anymore.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mr.yuck, Jan 14, 2004.

1. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

<span style='color:black'>Shit is funny to me. I always swore i would be that one person that would be able to be cool with my kids and know what the hell they were talkin about. Right around 21 i realized that I had lost touch with the kids when i was talkin to my boy and told him i needed to get a line up. This girl started laughing at me and said "No one calls it that anymore. Its called an edge up." Edge up? What the fuck is the world coming to? Now that i am older yet i find myself being annoyed by the vast majority of teenagers up to about 19. Am I destined to become either that one old guy that talks to people using way outdated slang like cool cat and jive turkey? Maybe I'll be the crabby old man that sprays kids with the hose when they walk on my grass. Is this avoidable or is my fate already sealed??</span>

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

line up? edge up? wtf are you talking about?

3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I feel your pain. YOu must be getting old too.:D

4. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

yes, what the hell are you talking about

5. CLAYTONCROWN

CLAYTONCROWN Member

6. Abracadabra

yeah, but i don't know what either saying means. what exatly is the webster's definition?

7. krie

krie Guest

Line Up ? Edge Up ?

I'm 18 and got no idea what you mean

I know what you mean though, still being 'cool' when you got kids and stuff, i dont think its possible.

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I still say 'word' and ocasionally 'word-up' and I mean in serious conversation with strangers, it just comes natural... but in the larger sense, I tend to connect with kids, my friends kids are all mostly around 9 or younger but... I dunno, I feel like I can connect with almost anyone I need/want to...

I think it's weaker of your friend to point out what 'people' say these days, I mean, did she understand you (obviously she offered you the 'correct' form so...)... she probably devoted most of her attention to understanding and forgot to keep her fool mouth shut.

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

10. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Oh. I thought you guys were playing. A line up is when you dont really need to get your haircut yet but you go to the barbershop and they will LINE UP your beard or the edges of your hair to keep you lookin clean and well groomed.

Now back to what ever the point of this thread was.

edit- the other day i told some kid to pull his pants up.
    :lol:

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

ah... this whole thing is probably based upon the ambiguity of the statement:
    "I'm gonna get a little trim."

12. Abracadabra

i find the best way around this heartache is just to make up your own slang. that way only you really know what you are talking about, and you'll make all the "hip" kids think they've fallen off before they even got on.

word up on that, biotch

13. Abracadabra

oohhhh, ok. i've cut my own hair for years now, so i don't know any barbershop slang. sorry

14. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

darn whippersnappers with your sass-mouths

15. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

:)
    Thats a funny mr.smart.