Technology in the graffiti world

Siob

I'd like to hear some people talk about using technology in the graffiti world. Ideas or what not. Like use of police scanners, infared goggles, robots, GPS tracking systems, motion detectors, etc... Other than the use of digital video cameras to record artwork. Graffiti writing seems so primitive and barbaric. Technology has somewhat changed the way we approach graffiti.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

ROBOTS ??!! !!! ??? !!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use to dream of a machine that would tell me if i would get caught doing a spot, not in reality reality its hard (it would ave to detect any eyes watching in your direction (how would it do that? exactly problaly wont but good idea)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Robots..

at one point i had picked up a scanner and did the research getting the police codes and channels and whatnot but was never abole to put it to work before i moved. i had gotten all the local codes and channels from a group called copwatch just in case anybody may want to try and do this. the only problem is that i would think that most of the time when one is writing you need to worry more about the people that walk up on you when your painting and not as much calls into the station. i dont know, just a thought.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Jan 2 2005, 05:58 PM

If you don't know your city well enough to where you need GPS, you don't need to be writing in the city in the first place.

Agreed.

I dont know, a scanner would be good if you were going to do a huge roller or production that would take you a while. But then again that would distract you from someone running up on you, not to mention you trying to focus on trying to get your graf done. If you had a friend looking out for you while you were doing this, a scanner would come in handy. The most technological ive done is to take a picture of a wall, scan it into my comp and then plot out how i would paint a blockbuster. It helped me proportion the letters.