tearz

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Seeeeeeking......

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Hey I got a question for Seeking....Whats up with the Zack De La Roca + Dj Shadow song?? And Whats it called? Where can I cop it?????

Fuck! I heard that on the radio today.

It was a show on the CBC called 'Definately Not The Opera'. Todays theme was 'Anti-War Protest Songs'

I'm racking my brain but I can't remember the name.

What a song to wake up to...

Re: Re: Seeeeeeking......

Originally posted by effyoo

Fuck! I heard that on the radio today.

It was a show on the CBC called 'Definately Not The Opera'. Todays theme was 'Anti-War Protest Songs'

I'm racking my brain but I can't remember the name.

What a song to wake up to...

Do you remember hearing something about "March of Death"???

I don't know. It was on the radio when I woke up. I was in a daze to be honest.

The hostess was saying how Zack pretty much called Bush...fuck... I cant remember.

I just did a search and the stupid site is 2 weeks behind on the update tip.

Originally posted by TEARZ

actually, no, i did a search of kazaa at least. for now, it's in a very rare and non-transferable vinyl format. :(

ripping vinyl is a joke. send me your 12'' inch and ill rip it and send it back to you if you send it pre-paid. for those who wanna know..use an audio out for OK sound or digital out (on those better new turntables..) and there u go..weeeeeeee

Originally posted by metallix

ripping vinyl is a joke. send me your 12'' inch and ill rip it and send it back to you if you send it pre-paid. for those who wanna know..use an audio out for OK sound or digital out (on those better new turntables..) and there u go..weeeeeeee

Im sure he knows how to do that...

god, zach an emcee is fucking ptifiul.

why the fuck do you need hip hop jargon in the middle of your protest song? it just makes it cheesy.

i dont know... its a noble action, its just kind of corny to me or something.

tearz, vinyl can be ripped pretty easily. all you need is an audio in, which every computer should have. run an rca to 1/8th inch... done.

i cant believe you found it. i cant believe it actually exists. i cant believe its not butter.

ok, that was dumb.

see, i think the lyrics kind of suck too. dont get me wrong, i appreciate the sentiment. i think its dope he would put it out, i just dont care for the manner inwhich he presents himself.

'but im back in the cypher my foes and my friends, with a verse and a pen'.

dude, completely unecessary. it was some filler shit thrown in the middle of 5 other 'serious' sentences... then he has to ruin it with that one.

another problem, while im being hyper critical, is that the beat is just not a 'protest song' beat. or maybe its just because i come from a producers background, so i look at things differently. the break is just too 'funky' and the track itself is just too.... i dont know. it just does not pack the 'punch' i think they were intending it to.

think of the song public enemy would have made, and then compare it to this one... no comparison.

Archived