Team Bush Wire-Tapping UN Security Council

Guest TEARZ

Guest TEARZ

get ready to get more cynical about team bush. this article is taken from thenation.com, courtesy of the London Observer.

"Most people, including most Americans, think an important value is hospitality -- doing right by guests. Some cultures consider this one of the highest values. So having been honored with the privilege of hosting the permanent mission of the United Nations in New York City, are we living up to that value? Are we even living up to our own democracy, our own laws? It seems not. The (London) Observer reports that, apparently under orders from Condoleeza Rice, the National Security Agency is reading the e-mails and tapping the home and office phones of members of UN Security Council delegations. According to an NSA memo, our government is looking for the "whole gamut of information that could give US policymakers an edge in obtaining results favorable to US goals"; information that will be used by "QRC", which The Observer describes as the agency's Quick Response Capability, "against" key UN delegations. In fact, if you can parse the following bureaucratese from the memo, our government is spying on pretty much everyone who might provide "an edge in obtaining results": "pay attention," the memo suggests, "to existing non-UN Security Council Member UN-related and domestic comms [office and home telephones] for anything useful related to Security Council deliberations". What sort of "an edge" could one find by listening to home phones, or to gossip at the UN? Perhaps rumors that someone is gay? Or has a mistress? Or once held political views back home in Africa or Asia that are now outdated, and so is terrified of his past resurfacing, of being summoned home?"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

i always hate losing keys...

seriously though, i still cant understand why arent you people rioting

hey tearsz, how ya been brother?

Seen any good flicks lately How the ladies treating you these days?

there you go.

This shit is just bonkers (if true).

I mean when will the US stop?

I swear it's like the end days of Rome.

Absolute power..... what's absolute power do again?

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by TEARZ

What sort of "an edge" could one find by listening to home phones, or to gossip at the UN? Perhaps rumors that someone is gay? Or has a mistress? Or once held political views back home in Africa or Asia that are now outdated, and so is terrified of his past resurfacing, of being summoned home?...

...or using such information for blackmail etcetry?

:tongue:

Archived