Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

teaching english overseas (japan) and others

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T.T Boy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

Ok, me and the misses are thinking of spending the summer in asia. i know a few of you might have done this or something in the sort. do any of you have any advice? any links to some good agencies? theres a few ive looked into, but they want me to take some bullshit course before they hook up any contracts. ive taught a bit of conversational english before. so i have a clue as to what i am doing. hook a guy up with some info. i gotta get my ass to japan dis summah. oh and please believe ill live ghetto if thats what it takes.

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

That's something I've always wanted to do too. I helped my mum teach hot teenage Japanese girls English about 2/3 years ago. I'll try and ask what agency she worked for, maybe they do it the opposite way.....

3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Oh....excellent. Did you make'em wear the little sailor outfits and punish them for english errors by making them take showers with said outfits on with no underwear or bra?

oops, sorry, goddamn yellow fever....

yeah, i hear you can make bank doing that english instruction oversea.
    But i'd rather see hot japanese girls.

I love that book FRUITS

4. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

South Korea....Pusan is a good place to teach english. I lived outside Pusan when I was 11. I actually helped teach english at the all korean school i attended...being the only whiteboy i was useful in such ways. I enjoyed korea allllllllot. Love the place, cant wait to go back someday.

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Hahahahaha.....man, the only reason I went was to sit at the front of the class and oggle at them. There's something so hot about girls that can't speak a word of English. They always made me origami. And they giggled all the fucking time. And wore school girl outfits. Oh man....it was intense. I had to periodically take water breaks.

6. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

i know a lot of people that have done / are doing it... its a good experience, pretty good money, but i've heard some crazy horror stories. its not all that its cracked up to be..

7. SukiSukiNow

SukiSukiNow Dirty Dozen Crew

Try teaching English in Korea. They will treat you like a King and Queen. I believe they pay well plus you get free housing and will get invited to dinner all the time. If you're truly interested I'll ask my mom for info.

8. blame

blame Guest

My sister did this in 2001 for a year or so, she really didnt like it at all, she said that culturally they are very very differnt and it didnt rub off on her well...i also hear everything is ridiculously expensive, and its really very hard to save...i also stronly recommend that you go to that cource, it will give you much perspective that can be applied through your own ways.

good luck.

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

ha ha ha, origami! heh heh, sorry, i have to steal that for my own personal use.

10. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Timely thread, I was thinking of this as an option myself...

I was at the Black Dog last week and was talking to a chick who just got back from Korea and was teaching English there.
    She said the most lucrative place to teach was Korea, as well as the best place to have a "cultural experience".
    Japan, she said, was probably the easiest to live in, but the money wasn't as good.
    China, her Korean boyfriend said, was boring.

She also said they want you to have a degree of some sort. But then again, its Asia. I think you just need to say "yes" if they ask.

Hey, what places have you looked into, TT?

11. causinpanic

causinpanic Senior Member

12. serum

serum Elite Member

13. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

haha, i was just about to say...

TT,
    hook up with serum, dude's got you covered in japan. and to reiterate what everyones said, korea is dope. plus, girls got asses in korea.

serum,
    you get my email the other night? no pressure to respond, just wanna make sure it made its way to you...

holler

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

serum, ill write you later, im running off to work right now. id like it more than 2 sentances.

i know what im doing moving into a completly different culture. ive done it before and ill do it again. ive looked into japan mostly. korea would be cool but the whole north korea thing isnt so hot. hong kong would be awesome. but japan would be my first choice.