Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

teachers unappreciated#

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

My mom went to "meet the teacher" night at my little brother and sister's school. They're in 1st and 2nd grade. Anyway, my little brother was all excited, he told my mom, "This is the best part of my day..." And my little sister really wanted my mom to go.

So anyway, they get there, and my mom said that she almost felt ashamed. She said that every class she walked by had no more than 1 or 2 parents.

I don't know, I just think that sucks. Those teachers are doing a good thing, and it must make them feel kinda shitty when none of the parents can take some time out to thank the person that's educating their son/daughter. I mean, to me it's not even really something that would be done for the teacher, it's something you'd do for your kid.

I think back to highschool, when I used to be such a jerk to my teachers. Well, sleeping, and being a smartass and skipping class and what not wasn't too appreciative. But now that I'm out of there and I can reflect on it, they really do have stressful jobs. Not anyone can put up with a bunch of kids all day. People don't appreciate what is given to them on a silver platter alot of time.

Taking things for granted is easy. Tomorrow I want all of you to tell someone that is in your daily life, that you appreciate them, and go on to explain about how so many things are taken for granted.... That is all. I'm serious, you people should be grateful.

2. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

lets face some other factors those...alot of teachers are lazy ass bastards so jaded by bad kids that they could care less, and a bunch more never cared they only becamse teachers to get summers off..about 5% still care agter 10 years, and those 5% deserve all the respect in the world....but i think it says alot about the parents and the teachers that more parents arent showing up....

3. Dirty_habiT

True, but think about the younger kids. The one's that aren't old enough to be lazy yet. My little brother and sister really like their teachers. And I'm sure those teachers really enjoy working with the kids. I know it's their job and they get paid for teaching.... but it's almost like nobody gives a shit if they're there or not.

4. Dirty_habiT

Those parents probably skipped that shit so they could sit around and watch simpsons and smoke weed and shit like they do every night. They fail to realise what a hero it would make them to their kid if they'd just show some interest in what their son/daughter was up to.

5. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

yea, i was cool to my teachers till they didnt give me respect then hell broke lose, once you lose my respect you pretty much dont get it back, so i held grudges with the ones who fucked up once , and the ones who didnt were like friends to me

6. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

my parents always were at my parent teacher meetings cuz i was in trouble, or i my grades were questionable, or i couldnt read....

7. Dirty_habiT

at least they cared. Some don't even care if their first grader is falling behind the class and needs help at home reading. That only ends up hurting the kid.

8. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

yeah, thats true. i'm friends with a lot of teachers now, and i know that they really care about their students. its wack that the parents don't do the same.

9. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

think about all the child molesters that become teachers - show appreciation for those standout people too..

10. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

i dont feel like typing some long mombo jumbo... but thats so true >=)

11. sneak

sneak Guest

thats how i am at the moment

12. beardo

beardo Guest

my mom is the best teacher ever, 5th grade. such a horror, you got these 10 year old kids who think their the shit.. haha. guess she has a good class this year, sharp contrast to the last few. been teaching for like 25 years.. saying she cares about it is an understatement.

word up mom!

13. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

one of my friends teaches kindergarten. he tells us all these stories about these little kids that just make me laugh my ass off. I remember being sent to the principals office twice when I was in kindergarten.

14. jah

jah Elite Member

bullshit. theres a lot of good teachers around. most of the teachers ive had throughout my life have been cool as fuck. of course i still had some funk once in a while but for the most part they did a good job and were there because they wanted to be. people take way too much shit for granted.

15. socrates

socrates Guest

When I was in high school I never respected any of my teachers because I thought that they were part of the system, but looking back on it I think that I was just young and dumb, I wish I could try again sometimes...For the amount they get paid they do more work than any body else and get the least respect, i.e. when teachers go on strike becasue of low wages they always blame the teachers and the teachers union never the school district.