teachers unappreciated#

Dirty_habiT

My mom went to "meet the teacher" night at my little brother and sister's school. They're in 1st and 2nd grade. Anyway, my little brother was all excited, he told my mom, "This is the best part of my day..." And my little sister really wanted my mom to go.

So anyway, they get there, and my mom said that she almost felt ashamed. She said that every class she walked by had no more than 1 or 2 parents.

I don't know, I just think that sucks. Those teachers are doing a good thing, and it must make them feel kinda shitty when none of the parents can take some time out to thank the person that's educating their son/daughter. I mean, to me it's not even really something that would be done for the teacher, it's something you'd do for your kid.

I think back to highschool, when I used to be such a jerk to my teachers. Well, sleeping, and being a smartass and skipping class and what not wasn't too appreciative. But now that I'm out of there and I can reflect on it, they really do have stressful jobs. Not anyone can put up with a bunch of kids all day. People don't appreciate what is given to them on a silver platter alot of time.

Taking things for granted is easy. Tomorrow I want all of you to tell someone that is in your daily life, that you appreciate them, and go on to explain about how so many things are taken for granted.... That is all. I'm serious, you people should be grateful.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lets face some other factors those...alot of teachers are lazy ass bastards so jaded by bad kids that they could care less, and a bunch more never cared they only becamse teachers to get summers off..about 5% still care agter 10 years, and those 5% deserve all the respect in the world....but i think it says alot about the parents and the teachers that more parents arent showing up....

True, but think about the younger kids. The one's that aren't old enough to be lazy yet. My little brother and sister really like their teachers. And I'm sure those teachers really enjoy working with the kids. I know it's their job and they get paid for teaching.... but it's almost like nobody gives a shit if they're there or not.

Originally posted by WALE!pd

yea, i was cool to my teachers till they didnt give me respect then hell broke lose, once you lose my respect you pretty much dont get it back, so i held grudges with the ones who fucked up once , and the ones who didnt were like friends to me

thats how i am at the moment

my mom is the best teacher ever, 5th grade. such a horror, you got these 10 year old kids who think their the shit.. haha. guess she has a good class this year, sharp contrast to the last few. been teaching for like 25 years.. saying she cares about it is an understatement.

word up mom!

Originally posted by footsoldier

lets face some other factors those...alot of teachers are lazy ass bastards so jaded by bad kids that they could care less, and a bunch more never cared they only becamse teachers to get summers off..about 5% still care agter 10 years, and those 5% deserve all the respect in the world....but i think it says alot about the parents and the teachers that more parents arent showing up....

bullshit. theres a lot of good teachers around. most of the teachers ive had throughout my life have been cool as fuck. of course i still had some funk once in a while but for the most part they did a good job and were there because they wanted to be. people take way too much shit for granted.

Guest socrates

When I was in high school I never respected any of my teachers because I thought that they were part of the system, but looking back on it I think that I was just young and dumb, I wish I could try again sometimes...For the amount they get paid they do more work than any body else and get the least respect, i.e. when teachers go on strike becasue of low wages they always blame the teachers and the teachers union never the school district.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Fuck feeling gratitude for things that should be granted. All jobs require people that care, still there are three jobs that need it the most:

DOCTORS

ARCHITECTS

TEACHERS

From the 3 teachers get the less money, i admire good teachers and i agree with you dirty habit, i just get totally pissed when i think of all the taxes we pay and the money teachers get

Guest imported_Tesseract

Think about it, those 3 proffesions affect our lifes the most, architects are responsible for making peoples surroundings miserable or pleasant, making houses that fullfill the standards of a quality life (amounts of light etc) and if you wanna take it further your very existance after an earthquake...

eeehhh.. i'll give you all of that, but im still not putting architects in the same category. the others seem more pressing to me. pretty buildings are optional, peoples health and education arent.

Guest imported_Tesseract

hahaha, how can you give me all that and still use the term 'preety'

Lemme rephrase, its not a matter of 'preety' buildings and aesthetics in general, its a matter of quality of life...from feeling good to having a roof that doesnt brake on your head after an earthquake...i admit that education and health are more important in a sense.

Still, you town maybe beautifull and well fuctional but i've seen people depressed from no direct sunlight in their aps just because some stupid architect decided to block it with the next building on the line. I also seen people die in buildings that collapse with not so strong earthquakes beacause of bad structure and halfassed armor. People drowing in houses that are below surface due to floods. The amount of responsibilty an architect and a mechanic holds is very large to me.

Bottom line, check how third world defines:

Diseases

Uneducated people

Ugly and dangerous cities in the mercy of nature

i admit that education and health are more important in a sense.

and ill admit that architecture is im portant in a sense.. just not as important. :cool:

maybe im the one thats biased having a teacher as a parent, although my father is in construction as well... questions for the ages

Guest --zeSto--

I think that teachers and Lawyers should trade salaries for one year.

Dont you think that the world could change in a year?

Well maybe if the Military budget went towards education for a year.

Wow, I'm glad this thread got the attention it deserved. It makes me happy that I have a mom that gives a shit enough about her kids to do something that might fit into their few memories about being a young child. You know, I only remember bits and pieces of being younger than 7. My mom says there's always some white trash people picking their kids up from school.... it's not wonder they don't give a crap. She saw a lady picking up her daughter the other day in front of the school where all the kids and teachers go outside to wait.... Anyway that stupid lady was wearing a t-shirt that said "I wish I was barbie... that bitch has everything." And this is an elementary school I should remind you..... Am I surprised to hear that no one showed up for meet the teacher night? Not in the least bit. Some people really should not have kids. Stupid stupid stupid.......

Dirty this was a great topic. I'm totally feeling you on the lack of interest in education. I think that parents have gotten lazy and do not try often enough to become involved in their kids lives. Teachers need to have help and they should not bear the sole responsibility for a child's learning.

That said, I have to speak in defense of parents to some extent. We as a society have made raising children an unbearably hard task. Not only do we have just the general atmosphere and status of the country (i.e. war, crime, drugs, sexualization of children, etc.) we also have some very specific child raising issues.

For example the whole child abuse paranoia and lack of discipline. Now I am NOT saying that there is no such thing as child abuse because there is and those people need a serious beatdown of their own. However, there are times in a child's life that he needs an immediate and definate sign that their actions are not acceptable. I'm thinking about when little Johnny is running toward the busy road for the fifth time in half-an-hour after being told no. While talking to Johnny isn't doing much good, a quick swat to the butt might do wonders. I was raised in a household that was not abusive, but at the same time I knew that I could only push things to far before I had an aching backside. And guess what, I am not a murderer, wife beater, child abuser, etc. When we took away the parent's ability to discipline and made them scared to yell at or spank their kids without worrying about child services taking the kid away, we lessened those parents ability to PARENT.

A second major shift, is the fear that we have of getting involved with other people's children. Back when I was a kid I wouldn't act bad or have a smart mouth around pretty much any adult because they wouldn't tolerate it. Now we ignore the behavior or vent about it later to someone else instead of saying anything at the time. A lot of that is fear, fear of being accused of abuse, fear of insulting someone or hurting their feelings, etc. What ever happened to the theory that "It takes a village to raise a child".

Third is that we have this built in babysitter in just about every house in the U.S. You know what I mean, the TV. This could be a huge argument just in that statement alone, so I will just stop there.

Guest mikro137

i like the teachers that dont make more than me as a local tech in the schools i work for. they do less and get paid more. fuck them , everyone else is cool... i agree 99%

on a side note , i have alot of fine ass ladies that teach in the district that i work for :idea:

maybe i can get one to "school" me

har harr harrrrrr....... :D

mikro

Archived