1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

tcp help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by kid toucher, Nov 8, 2001.

1. kid toucher

kid toucher 12oz Member

tcp help

Discussion started by kid toucher - Nov 8, 2001

ok so i just got a powerbook here at school and im tryin to get on aol instant messenger but when i try to sign on it tells me to check my tcp settings. i would appreciate any help on the matter. and im on the wireless network at school if that makes any difference
    thanks

kid toucher - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Nov 8, 2001

Your school's LAN server is probably blocking all the ports except for necessary ones. I just did a search for "socks5 anonymous proxy" on yahoo and found this site. I didn't look at it though, only briefly. Find a public socks5 server off of this website somehow, write down, for later use, the IP, the port # proxy is on, and possibly a user name and password. When you are at the school's computer, go to the AIM signon window, click setup, select "Sign On/Off" from the category, click the button that says connection, check the box that says connect using proxy, select socks5 as the protocol, and enter your information in. I'd say that qualifies for tech support, you owe me $15.37.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Dirty_habiT

Better yet, here is a list of proxy servers, you may want to bookmark this if you are a kook about the government spying on you.:huh?:

4. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Nov 8, 2001

I had a similar problem.. if you're using Internet Explorer try going to 'tools' then 'Internet Options".. click 'connection' and hit the 'advanced' button in the proxy servers part.. write down the HTTP proxy address and the port number.. then start up AOL and click the spanner 'setup' icon. hit the 'connection' button and tick the 'connect using proxy' box. Enter the proxy address and port number in, tick HTTP and the hit 'apply' and you should be good to go..

if that doesn't work please tell me to fuck myself. ;)

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. Dirty_habiT

Damn you can't just let me shine, can you?

6. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied Nov 8, 2001

or u can http funnel your connection..through an open port

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Nov 8, 2001

where's my picture, you mother killer :crazy:

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. Dirty_habiT

I think you mean tunnel.

I haven't made it to my dad's, patience is a virtue.