tbox...

nocomply

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest rob deer

yeah I done seen one it was only 2 months old? pretty neat. and while were at it, what's the diffrence between an Abox and a regular rbox? is it just the door?

TBOX is owned by TTX but I'm not sure about the rest of Railboxes or A boxes. Maybe they just bought them out, although almost all, if not all, autoracks are owned by TTX and they get shipped like a floating fleet just like Railbox...whoever needs em they ship the rolling stock to them. As far as Railgons go, I see that CSX buys out alot of Railgons, but once in a while I still see a GONX....

Peace...

TTX owns autoracks, intermodals, RBOX, TBOX, ABOX, rail gons, etc. They are pooled cars, meaning they have no set route or regular customers, they just get grabbed by the next nearby customer who needs em.

As with any fleet, some of these cars have been sold off at times to other railroads and restamped, so you'll see Railboxes marked BN, MRL, etc. or ABOXes that now read CNA.

The fact that autoracks and intermodals have BNSF, UP or other paint schemes is a different story that I'm not sure about. I believe Ese knows. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure autoracks and intermodals are pool cars regardless of what company's paint scheme they bear.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rob deer

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

round here we call em crushedifseen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

The fact that autoracks and intermodals have BNSF, UP or other paint schemes is a different story that I'm not sure about. I believe Ese knows. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure autoracks and intermodals are pool cars regardless of what company's paint scheme they bear.

Correct. there are obviously privately held autoracks (ATSF and CPAA pegboards, all those new automaxes, etc.) but the generic all-purpose autoracks are usually pool run ttx ones.

The whole paintjob thing is a little more involved. The amount of cars with each paint job is dependant on how much funding each railroad provides to ttx. I think they also have some limited "booking" rights over those cars, however seldom used. You'll notice that most cars have some kind of serial number identifier in addition to the reporting marks, usually tied to the same railroad as the car is painted for.

• 2 weeks later...

man gotta love those tbox's im out checking all my spots the other day

and i roll to a spot that rarely has anything decent to paint. but as it turns out there's not one but 2 brand new tbox's blingin...

almost shit my pants. i think there better then railbox's

just thought id share that

Originally posted by rob deer

what's the diffrence between an Abox and a regular rbox? is it just the door?

...pretty much...same company owns them, as Cracked said...but they have that weird double-door style that makes them a bitch to paint...they have that extra little door so they can move bigger cargo in and out...but the overall size of the car is no bigger than an RBOX...TBOX as everyone who has seen them has noticed, are extended...

TBOX!

TBOXS ARE THE SHIT!

everyone you catch was built in 2003.

they wont have time to buff them completly(maybe the box numbers, but probably not the LD LMT, LD WT) so crush those fuckas cause they got hella play! ive caught 4, but only one was hit by utah and wrek.

ive seen 2 series, 660 and 665.....

Archived