Tattoos

wiseguy

Recently, all the girls that I hang around with have been getting tattoos, it's like some strange fad. They just save up the money and get some stupid design that they have on the wall of the tattoo place. They all have like honey bees and little hearts, on their bodies. I'm gonna get a Tattoo at some point but it is definitely going to be either my own design or something that means something to me, not a design that they have on the tattoo parlour wall. Who out there in internet land have Tattoos, is it your own design or something from a tattoo place? just curious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

as an artist/design/doodlebug type of guy,

I dont think I could design it myself.

I've concieved and drawn tats for other people,

but I'm super critical about my old work.

Imagine finding a blackbook from 5 years ago.

It's a little crude right? Well imagine that after 30 years

where you have to see your doodle every single day.

That's why I'd just have to trust the tattoo artist to come up

with something that I like.

i think a mix of the two theories above, i too probably couldnt put my own shit on me, someone else maybe, and i would be damn sure to look into the tat artist before they skin me and make sure they are quality, which isnt as hard as it sounds, the only tat ive ever thought of gettin was for a dead friend but that was a while ago,

Guest im not witty

im getting a tattoo eventually, its a picture that i found in a book and re-drew, so its half my design half someone elses original idea...i dont know its complicated...

and wiseguy is that a tom robbins quote in your signature? if so, thumbs up.

Originally posted by Glik0

there really cant be any original design for a tattoo, unless by some grace you get some new groundbreaking style done. I mean everything in life is this way.

yea but somethings have meaning and are much more original than a heart, honey bee, or star on some girls lower back...

at my old high school a bunch of really extremely cool cheerleaders got blue stars on their backs. fucking cool dude!! and i hate when people have ugly retarded tribals. if thats their thing ...uhhh cool i guess. but wouldn't you want something at least slightly different or with a good meaning. some girl in my math class asked me to design some stupid butterfly tribal retard thing for her back. no big thing so i did and it looked dumb as hell on her back. its madnessi tell yah..chaos.

funny tattoo story..okay it is really shitty so dont read itf you dont wanna

this guy i really dislike ..who i dated for about a week..is an idiot. hes korean but adopted so he cant write or speak it. but he had a freind write his name in korean and so he got it tatooed and his friend isn't too bright either because he spelled it wrong. the end ..of a shitty story

Originally posted by footsoldier

yea but somethings have meaning and are much more original than a heart, honey bee, or star on some girls lower back...

this is correct, but things like XXX have lost meaning as well thanks to its popular to be alternative trend.

Guest platapie

i think ther eis nice flash work out there but im not goign to any old fuckplacy and saying gimme that one and pointign at the wall.

plats=loves tattoos.

i highly incourage everyone not to get any tho. there way addictive and iono stuff.

Im a girl, and I have three tattoos. On my back is a "custom" peacock that goes from the bottom of my back to up over my shoulder. While the peacock isn't an original idea, the style of the bird is custom. Someone I know drew it. On my left arm I have oldest sister in Cantonese with some clouds and cherry blossoms behind it that the tattoo artist drew for me. Thankfully I have had a few Chinese people verify that it does mean older sister. My other tattoo is the only one I don't like, and its something I picked off a CD case. Of all my tattoos the one I regret is the one I "picked off a wall" so to speak.

i have lots of tattoos...

one of them is from a comic book (but it's a comic that i love and one that is slowly eating away at reality for me)

all the others have been designed by the artists or me... i have one small one on my wrist that i drew and tattooed... one was drawn on in pen by the artist and then tattooed... most of my smaller ones were drawn up by the artist a few days before actually being tattooed... the word written on my lip is just simple capitols and took no designing... my sleeve started as a small shoulder cap that was drawn by the artist before i had the idea (but i'd been thinking of something similar- and his drawing just happened to fit it perfectly) but then we spent 2 months watching the picture change little by little and get a whole lot bigger... and i also have some simple abstract stuff that i spent weeks/months designing to fit my body the way i wanted them to...

long story short- don't pick yer designs off the wall (it's ok occasionally, but not very often)

long story shorter- ya don't pick a sleeve off the wall...

i have a teeny bopper cousin who buys dumb magazines for some b2k shit. one had a tatoo of aaron carter with a heart around it. i put it on my forehead . does that count. and NO i don't like aaron carter. i was just bored. oh and i hate hennas

I think that the whole idea of getting tattoo that is not original whatsoever is ridiculous, like when chinese character tattoos became really popular for like 1 week and everyone went and got them with out knowing the meaning, just for the look.

Unrelated rant: Has anyone seen that movie japanese samurai "Lone wolf with cub:Baby cart in peril" where that ninja girl has those rad tattoos on her back and breast? those tattoos are rad, see the movie its cool.

And lastly, to im not witty, that most certainly is a Tom Robbins quote on my signature.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by sikCADDY

peacock

im not sure anyoen really nos how cool these animals really are. i mean they are liek teh piumps of the bird world with all those flashy feathers and whatnots. they are awesome.

Originally posted by TonySuprano

1st - yes i have a tattoo and NO u will not find it on any tatto parlor wall. that shit is SO GAY to pick something off a wall or get something someone else already has - be original

ditto to that. I have 5, with a mix of text and designs.

Guest YinzerXpress
Originally posted by --zeSto--

as an artist/design/doodlebug type of guy,

I dont think I could design it myself.

I've concieved and drawn tats for other people,

but I'm super critical about my old work.

Imagine finding a blackbook from 5 years ago.

It's a little crude right? Well imagine that after 30 years

where you have to see your doodle every single day.

That's why I'd just have to trust the tattoo artist to come up

with something that I like.

good point

Guest --zeSto--

dont be so hard on the flash.

there was a time when all tattoos were versions of the same thing.

Tribes all had a very similar marking to show membership to the tribe.

Sailors had similar tats to show alligences to ship, crew and the sea.

Soldiers used the tats to identify which regiment and company they were in,

plus which specific battles they fought in. Tats were like a collection of badges.

sure times have changed, and so have people's reasons for getting tats.

I dont think that your average yoga-starbucks-loft-yuppie is going to get a bulldog marine tattoo.

Archived