*tattoos*

NOWEone

i just turned 18 and was thinking about getting a tattoo...but i dont want it to be another chinese symbol or any other played out design...what are some of the coolest most unique tats you have ever seen or even tats of your own...post pics if you got em..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a tat in latin. I think the japan/china is a little played myself. Some people have meaningful tats so just ask. Its for life so dnt get a snake with your girls name in it. Think about it for a while.

Quod Nocent, Sepe Docent

What harms often instructs. this is a latin translation for what doesnt kill me makes me stronger.

man, i got chinese symbols back in the early nineties when everyone was getting those really stupid tribal bands. i thouoght, "this has meaning, not everyone has it"... 8 years later and you guys are saying that its played. sucks for me. let this be a lesson for you buddy, you mighat get something different, but it might end up getting played. at least i'm part chinese, not like all these white fools getting chinese letters... :rolleyes:

Hey bug, your tat isnt played. It has meaning to you, that is a vital part of your life. What I think he was trying to say is all these cats rolling around with a 20th centurt kanji of faith, death, You know the shit at the tat shop that doesnt really mean what they tell you it does. My friends at UCLA made t shirts that said stupid american in chineese charecters and everyone was rocking them....:king:

actually haha I was just looking at my arm and regretting my chinese characters ..im getting them worked into a bigger arm band..to take away from some misunderstanding

the day I new that it was old..was when I was at work..and I was making this girl a latte..and she looked at my arm..and was like 'oh what do those mean?" and I told her..year of the rooster year of the ox..supposedly the ultimate combination for like minds..and she had year of the rooster..tatooed on her chest..she showed me and the characters..were a little bit off..from each other!

stick with something youll find tasteful for awhile at least..I am in love with two out of three of my tatooes..they symbalise who I am perfectly..

and I know I will love them for the rest of my life..But the first tatoo I did get..i was 17 and it was those chinese symbols..I was just so hyped to get a tatoo ya know...so think about something that symbols you..designs are more likely to be keep sakes..where as pictures or like animals..get old..in my opinion anyways

my boy reads japanese. and we saw this body builder tribal arm band/japanese tattoo type goof. all of a sudden he bursts out laughing at nothing...... turns out he showed me the guys chinese tattoo and it said something like boobs or tits..... and this idiot had no clue... probably figured it meant respect or some thing like that.

at the tattoo shop where i work, and our business cards say beef and broccoli on them in chinese. we say it means peace and harmony. so basically, if u get kanji make sure it says what you want it to cause us tattoo guys like to have fun like that ocassionally. take at least a few weeks to think about the design before you get one. usually those first tattoos u get at 18 are also the first ones u have to go back and get coeverd up so just make sure you're in love with the design no matter what it is.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont have any and since i reached 22 without having one,I probably never will.

But i remember thinking that i wanted a design of my own,and i was trying all the time to make something up,something good,something that will last...guess what,that just cant happen, a design of your own is like trying to do a self portrait on your chest.

I am sure that if i had one of those designs i would be in some serious regrets now.

Anyway i suggest you do something thats not yours in any way.

I admire peppers for their tattoos more than their music

If you dont want another 'chinese symbol' or 'another played out design' then why dont you think of something you would want rather than asking what to get, whatever happened to creativity? anyone else sick of people always complaining about trends and shit like that? i think thats worse than being trendy... i hate you all... ahhh... i dont think i like this new 12oz prophet either theres too many buttons and smileys and shit like that... ooooh well who am i too bitch anyway?

Get this!...........

If anything, i would want to get that indian ink stuff done really really good down my arms and hands cuz, they wash off in a month...........and i wouldn't be kicked out of my house as so. (Parents very fucking strict hispanics, dammit).........

also, that would be a good alternative to try out a tat before you get it no?

OH! another idea, i wonder if kids in china or Japan get english tats and think its cool??

haha,

well probably no, cuz THEY KNOW our language already. and most of us over here are dumbasses

peace anyways

gwb

Guest imported_Tesseract

Kids in japan that have tatoos belong to Yakuza,and they have big bad ass dragons on their whole back.The rest of the kids dont have tatoos cause its a Yakuza "trademark".Correct me if i'm wrong.

If you want your tattoo to be something besides a dolphin jumping over a sun, then go to someone who does more tattoo's than just sorority girls and frat guys. Start doing some research.. go to conventions.. Find someone with a style that you absolutely love, and you'll be able to think of some sort of picture/design you want in his/her style of tattooing. There's nothing wrong with getting some basic ink trying to help your friends who are apprenticing, but if you want something "meaningful" or whatever, then find someone who takes some pride in their own unique style. You'll have to pay more, but it'll be worth it.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Kids in japan that have tatoos belong to Yakuza,and they have big bad ass dragons on their whole back.The rest of the kids dont have tatoos cause its a Yakuza "trademark".Correct me if i'm wrong.

yes tesseract, you are wrong.

tattooing in japan was traditionally looked down upon in high society and was associated with yakuza. not true anymore. a lot of people have them that aren't yakuza. some older traditional people still associate the two, but that's like people ion the US that associate graff with gangs

i actually made friends with some fellow tattoists from japan recently and they enlightened me a little to the scene out there. the new school of japan is heavily american influenced, and is not for yakuza only. they are inspired by anime, and old school american tattoos. i'e seen a lot of japanese youth with tats that look like WWII sailor shit. the traditional tattooists are still around, but they do not have a shop as we know it here. they don't advertise and must be sought out, and they still have a client base which is primarily yakuza members. the newer japanese tattooists have street shops. then there are dudes like akio oki who are bridging both schools and kick ass. those guys are no joke out there.

• 10 months later...
Guest duffman

right now I got my last name across the back of my shoulders and "selfmade" in old english written down the side of my forearm...(kinda where eminems is)

Originally posted by garcia_vega

at the tattoo shop where i work, and our business cards say beef and broccoli on them in chinese. we say it means peace and harmony. so basically, if u get kanji make sure it says what you want it to cause us tattoo guys like to have fun like that ocassionally. take at least a few weeks to think about the design before you get one. usually those first tattoos u get at 18 are also the first ones u have to go back and get coeverd up so just make sure you're in love with the design no matter what it is.

hahahah someone told me that story. i forgot who.

my next tat is going to be loyalty and love on my upper forearms in the old filipino script called ali bata.

**i forgot that ali bata doesnt have the letter "v". so my second option was heart.

if you dont rush your tatoos you will eventually run into something you will like and it will be creative ya know what i mean fuck? if u really cared if someone else has it u shouldnt be getting a tatoo in the first place. remember that most people have the same likes so u will evbentually run itno something similar if not identical to yours.

Guest --zeSto--

I saw a backpiece once that had a giant Apu (from the Quick-e-mart)

set in an asian water world. Yakuza style!

And he had 8 arms and was holding various simpsons artifats.

(saxamaphone, soother, glowing green rod etc.)

and the background was all water (japanese wave style)

with a 3-eyed fish swiming around.

It'd be the coolest tattoo for a week.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

I saw a backpiece once that had a giant Apu (from the Quick-e-mart)

set in an asian water world. Yakuza style!

And he had 8 arms and was holding various simpsons artifats.

(saxamaphone, soother, glowing green rod etc.)

and the background was all water (japanese wave style)

with a 3-eyed fish swiming around.

It'd be the coolest tattoo for a week.

Haha, true. That sounds sooooo cool....but you just know that in 10 years it's gonna be the equivilent of the tasmanian devil tattoo or an old cross colors T with Bugs slam dunkin' over daffy in baggy jeans and a backwords hat.

matthewfuckthe80'sbringbacktheearly90'sthirteen.

// hahah

i've just got a punk rock tattoo on my heart right now. i hate punk, but the concept of the image means a lot to me (not telling what it is for safety reasons...)

in about a month i'm going to get some burning X's above my elbows. straight edge pride, down for life.

eventually i'm gonna get half sleeves, a backpiece, and my last name on my belly.

funny, but good ideas, for ink: nipples tattooed on your butt cheeks, i want this, for the sole reason of mooning people, and them thinking "those are fucking hairy tits, wait a minute..." and then the words "dog balls" in kanji. as long as you know your kanji is a joke, its okay, otherwise i am typically annoyed as hell by them.

I love my tat's I have a triquetra on my wrist witch means Mind, Body, and Sole. it's bascilly a celtic knot triangle. a Symbol for my celtic hearitage. And a Knot dragon between my sholder blades. witch is a symbol for power. Tats are dope as long as you like them and dont kare what other people think. because thats a big influence on your perspective of your tat. Celtic rules.

i-have-a-tribal-wristband-with-a-sun.

its-shitty-work-though.

if-you-look-closely-you-can-see-stray-lines-in-the-outline-and-it-isnt-filled-in-well.

also-it-isnt-even-symmetrical.

nothing-that-couldnt-be-fixed-by-a-better-artist-but-its-wack-nonetheless.

ive-been-researching-laser-removal-and-im-gonna-have-it-removed-when-i-get-some-money.

Archived