Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

*tattoos*

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NOWEone, Oct 12, 2001.

1. NOWEone

NOWEone Member

i just turned 18 and was thinking about getting a tattoo...but i dont want it to be another chinese symbol or any other played out design...what are some of the coolest most unique tats you have ever seen or even tats of your own...post pics if you got em..

2. CATS

CATS Senior Member

I have a tat in latin. I think the japan/china is a little played myself. Some people have meaningful tats so just ask. Its for life so dnt get a snake with your girls name in it. Think about it for a while.

Quod Nocent, Sepe Docent
    What harms often instructs. this is a latin translation for what doesnt kill me makes me stronger.

3. bug

bug Guest

man, i got chinese symbols back in the early nineties when everyone was getting those really stupid tribal bands. i thouoght, "this has meaning, not everyone has it"... 8 years later and you guys are saying that its played. sucks for me. let this be a lesson for you buddy, you mighat get something different, but it might end up getting played. at least i'm part chinese, not like all these white fools getting chinese letters... :rolleyes:

4. CATS

CATS Senior Member

Hey bug, your tat isnt played. It has meaning to you, that is a vital part of your life. What I think he was trying to say is all these cats rolling around with a 20th centurt kanji of faith, death, You know the shit at the tat shop that doesnt really mean what they tell you it does. My friends at UCLA made t shirts that said stupid american in chineese charecters and everyone was rocking them....:king:

5. SIELOETTE

SIELOETTE Senior Member

actually haha I was just looking at my arm and regretting my chinese characters ..im getting them worked into a bigger arm band..to take away from some misunderstanding

the day I new that it was old..was when I was at work..and I was making this girl a latte..and she looked at my arm..and was like 'oh what do those mean?" and I told her..year of the rooster year of the ox..supposedly the ultimate combination for like minds..and she had year of the rooster..tatooed on her chest..she showed me and the characters..were a little bit off..from each other!

stick with something youll find tasteful for awhile at least..I am in love with two out of three of my tatooes..they symbalise who I am perfectly..
    and I know I will love them for the rest of my life..But the first tatoo I did get..i was 17 and it was those chinese symbols..I was just so hyped to get a tatoo ya know...so think about something that symbols you..designs are more likely to be keep sakes..where as pictures or like animals..get old..in my opinion anyways

6. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

my boy reads japanese. and we saw this body builder tribal arm band/japanese tattoo type goof. all of a sudden he bursts out laughing at nothing...... turns out he showed me the guys chinese tattoo and it said something like boobs or tits..... and this idiot had no clue... probably figured it meant respect or some thing like that.

7. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

at the tattoo shop where i work, and our business cards say beef and broccoli on them in chinese. we say it means peace and harmony. so basically, if u get kanji make sure it says what you want it to cause us tattoo guys like to have fun like that ocassionally. take at least a few weeks to think about the design before you get one. usually those first tattoos u get at 18 are also the first ones u have to go back and get coeverd up so just make sure you're in love with the design no matter what it is.

8. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

my first tatto will be r.i.p. in old english (i think) for my uncle im not sure where tho

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

my whole forearms are done in kanji, but i, like bug, got them before it was the trend. they also have meaning, and as soon as i stop being lazy, will both be turned into sleeves. tattoos are stupid. sleeves are good.

10. DIBS

DIBS Senior Member

im in the process of havving a full sleeve done on my left arm right now,about 3/4 of the way done.the inner arm ,right under the pit, is one of the worst places to have done,no fun there boy.ooowwwcchh

11. I dont have any and since i reached 22 without having one,I probably never will.
    But i remember thinking that i wanted a design of my own,and i was trying all the time to make something up,something good,something that will last...guess what,that just cant happen, a design of your own is like trying to do a self portrait on your chest.
    I am sure that if i had one of those designs i would be in some serious regrets now.
    Anyway i suggest you do something thats not yours in any way.
    I admire peppers for their tattoos more than their music

12. ÀEL GRINGO?

ÀEL GRINGO? Junior Member

If you dont want another 'chinese symbol' or 'another played out design' then why dont you think of something you would want rather than asking what to get, whatever happened to creativity? anyone else sick of people always complaining about trends and shit like that? i think thats worse than being trendy... i hate you all... ahhh... i dont think i like this new 12oz prophet either theres too many buttons and smileys and shit like that... ooooh well who am i too bitch anyway?

13. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

Get this!...........

If anything, i would want to get that indian ink stuff done really really good down my arms and hands cuz, they wash off in a month...........and i wouldn't be kicked out of my house as so. (Parents very fucking strict hispanics, dammit).........

also, that would be a good alternative to try out a tat before you get it no?

OH! another idea, i wonder if kids in china or Japan get english tats and think its cool??

haha,
    well probably no, cuz THEY KNOW our language already. and most of us over here are dumbasses

peace anyways
    gwb

14. Kids in japan that have tatoos belong to Yakuza,and they have big bad ass dragons on their whole back.The rest of the kids dont have tatoos cause its a Yakuza "trademark".Correct me if i'm wrong.

15. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Kanji = Japanese Calligraphy :idea: