taping numbers

fr8rokr

so lately ive been duct taping the numbers, piecing, taking a flick, and then leaving the tape on thinking that it will run for a while with the tape still on, i imagine that any worker would pull the tape off before wasting effort on the buff, not sure if this is effective but has anyone else tried this?, i know i could pull the tape off myself but i know and most of you know a piece looks better without square blocks of numbers throughout it and the longer it runs with the tape on the better

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh...do what you want.

Tape is better than straight going over the numbers. Peeling it right away is better than leaving it on because the harsh weather conditions could make it messy for others to remove later. In fact, it might take as long to scrape that shit off as it does for a workbum to just restencil the numbers.

I never bother with tape. If the spot is that chill where I'd have time to do that, then I have time to use an easier technique, which is called can control, to paint around numbers.

"I never bother with tape. If the spot is that chill where I'd have time to do that, then I have time to use an easier technique, which is clled can control, to paint around numbers."

this thread wasn't meant as a place to big up yourself, that's super cool you have can control, i didn't ask who here has enough can cantrol and thinks that taping numbers is something only toys do. pieces dont look nearly as good with boxes of numbers scattered in them.

i know what your saying, ive contemplated leaving the tape on but i never do, if i ahve a lot of time ill tape it, but when i do have a lot of time its usually at afactory,,, the last thing i want to do is tip them off that i paint there, the same crew of dudes services a few of the factories i paint and the last thing i need them noticing is a repititoin of maskign taped numbers,,,,,,,,,,,, llng story short, i peel them off,,, but dude try using masking tape rather than duct tape, that shit wont be a big deal for anyoen to remove

Originally posted by useurname+Jun 9 2005, 01:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (useurname - Jun 9 2005, 01:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fr8rokr@Jun 8 2005, 04:03 PM

cantrol

I like that was it a typo? Imma start saying this "cantrol" like "yo that fool aint got no cantrol"

or "damn foo you needs to pass that cantrol" I don't really talk all ganska like that....

[/b]

yeah it's called a portmanteau, Lewis Carroll used them in Jabberwocky

sometimes i forget tape.

sometimes i forget to pull the tape off.

i prefer to pull it off right after the flick, then take the tape with me to dispose of elsewhere

i also find that

it usually only takes a minute or so to slap on tape

and looks a lot better than trying to go around numbers

Guest PHYNE

graff is illegal as fuckon fr8s so why even bother puttin tape over the numbers? if you get caught at the yard painting on the fr8 you taped off YOUR ASS IS STILL GOING TO JAIL PERIOD!..

you think they might say well they did tape off the numbers so theres no reason to charge anyone......

man am i the only one who thinks this way? seriously?

legality is irrelevant.

i couldn't care less about that, and never thought it would have any effect on any charges i copped.

hahaha i never ever thought taping numbers off would save me hahaha that is simply moronic.

taping the numbers is about two things

..one only has to pay attention to freights for a short time to see many pieces

that have been practically obliterated

not by a buff

but by workers restenciling numbers overtop of a big square of fresh paint.

..destorying numbers also gives workers/yards/layups a good reason to hate writers

and bring heat down on the spot

Originally posted by PHYNE@Jun 9 2005, 02:35 PM

graff is illegal as fuckon fr8s so why even bother puttin tape over the numbers? if you get caught at the yard painting on the fr8 you taped off YOUR ASS IS STILL GOING TO JAIL PERIOD!..

you think they might say well they did tape off the numbers so theres no reason to charge anyone......

man am i the only one who thinks this way? seriously?

u are the only one who missed the point of this post, i didn't say, "geez im a sucky tit and think if i tape the numbers i won't get charged", no i am talking about aesthetics and the pros and cons of leaving on the tape, nothing serious, just a queery.

this thread is an entertaining read, to say the least.

Fuck tape, taping the numbers, and pretty much anything to do with all that.

Painting around it easy as shit, and leaving it on after your flicks seems silly to me.

Either come to terms with going over them and accepting what comes with it, or learn to paint around them with or without the aid of tape.

As it pertains to your original idea, I don't think leaving the tape on the freight is a good move, because to a worker, covered numbers are covered numbers.

tape is space in your bag for another can...just like the mask, fuck it.

If im at a spot where i have time to use tape then i will , it just looks cleaner and better. Not to mention i want my shit to run for as long as possible. If i dont have time then oh well i'll go around the numbers then.

Just DONT go over them....

• 3 weeks later...

:king: Obviously the topic seems controversial...Some just don't give a fuk about #'s and will stomp them regardless, other have acustomed themselves to paint around them, and others just tape over them shits....To each is own...Do what u Do!!!!

Tape over the #'s is not going to manipulate the charge anyways.....The only thing it will manipulate is the amont of restitution

that is going to have to be payed...Paintin Metal is a Felony either way goin over or leavin #'s....But the idea ain't to shaby; just time consuming..

• 1 month later...