tangerine dream appreciation thread

johnny

i'm not sure if tangerine dream's considered some of ambient musics forefathers but this stuff is the bees knees. i'm bus'ing phaedra out now for the first time. i'm definitely going to enjoy hauling ass down the highway in the middle of the night to this.

bling bling for anyone else who's into this stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 8 years later...

Although I'm heavily influenced by Jean Michel Jarre and Kitaro, someone recently commented that my own music is similar in style to Tangerine Dream... he recommended I give it a listen.

Surprisingly for me, although mysterious (which I like) I personally found the earlier TD music a little bit too much like Pink Floyd in their Pompeii era. It's quite a turnaround for me to actually prefer the later work of TD such as cocoon. Still.... Dream are still a pretty fine outfit and have a very technical style which will always appeal to me!

Anyway, I'm getting my own compositions out there now so please feel free to have a listen and let me know what you think!

Trevor Hickson

http://www.trevorhickson.com

i'm not sure if tangerine dream's considered some of ambient musics forefathers but this stuff is the bees knees. i'm bus'ing phaedra out now for the first time. i'm definitely going to enjoy hauling ass down the highway in the middle of the night to this.

bling bling for anyone else who's into this stuff.

So I watching Risky business and decided to look up this artist. Turned out to be Tangerine Dream... a quick trip over to demonoid and grabbed the whole discography.

Last summer I got all tanked up and layed out by my pool one night, watching the stars & playing some of their more ambient tracks. It was a pretty amazing evening & I plan to do it again.

Cool Starry Night Br0

Archived