Talk About Dirty

Guest Retnilps

Guest Retnilps

have you ever cleaned something out and you found WAY more dirt than you thought??

today i washed the underside of my chevelle's rear end and i bet the car lost at least a good 20 pounds. i couldnt beleive how much dirt was down there.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by Retnilps

have you ever cleaned something out and you found WAY more dirt than you thought??

today i washed the underside of my chevelle's rear end and i bet the car lost at least a good 20 pounds. i couldnt beleive how much dirt was down there.

dertay/ woo

~Jappillahan

hahahaha......I'm not going mention anyones' names here....but back in 2000(haha...yeah,I know).....some fool hacked into this site.....I remember checking out the "secret" lounge for the moderators at my friends house(who got the code or some shit from someone else....they both got banned)....that shit was funny as hell-as of now,you couldn't break into this system even you tryed your hardest...which is good(because it will fuck it up for everyone).....don't have your friend try it....it is gay anyway.have a nice day.

^^^^^^^hahahahaha......yeah,I know......that was some funny shit,believe me........you don't want to even know.....I'll end it right there.

alright.....nothin'......man,I am sooooo fucked up right now....I washed my hands in dirt to get rid of the Mean-Streak residue......fuck, I'm just joshing with you.....uhhhhhhhhhhh......:spent:

Guest Retnilps

i havent done too much to my baby yet.

i put some air shocks in the back to raise it a few inches to give it a nice stance. the engines running good but its actually a Camaro IROCZ 350 with a four-barrel Holley carb. it has hooker headers but ther bent from hitting the bumps or dips (before i owned it). i have to get new headers and fix that carburator before i get into the internals. the carb isnt opening the secondaries so its running like a 2bbl untill it get to the HIGH rpms. once i get those things fixed or replaced im gonna run it on a dynometer (if i can find a place) and figure out the horsepower on it.

after that im gonna take apart the engine and see if anything needs replacing, maybe bore the sucker and get a new camshaft, either a roller or just a cam from a big block so i can get better stroke.

during all this shit (engine out) im gonna bring down the front end suspension and replace all the old stuff thats rusted and paint anything that still good. im also gonna re-do the interior and replace the bench seat with buckets (just both them in pomona) an reupholster everything else and put the floor shifter in, maybe the console ($$$). and i definately need to put some positraction in the rear end. im actually thinking of getting a whole new engine or rebuilding a true 1968-72 engine.

its gonna take a long as time seeing as i have no job at the time and football takes up most of my time.

if you dont like typingthe name just type the old one.

if you can get a 1972 engine and rebuild that.......it was one of the best years for auto companies-----that was also the year before the government passed an emissions law that in turn forced the "Big Three" to equip cars and trucks with smog devices and tune down the motors which do not have the same horsepower ratio as an older engine.....after 1973 everything started going downhill.

Guest Retnilps

actually 1970 was the climax year. im not sure about the other GM branches or Ford but chevy's best engines rolled out in 1970. the LS6 454 sporting 450 conservative horses was the top of the line. i know the other GM branches were sporting the 455 (coinsidence with your name?) but i dont know theyre histories. in 1972 the LS6 454 was rated at 250hp i think (under300). im hoping to find 350(novaSS was best), a 68-69 396 (camaro or chevelle) or 70 396(actually402) or maybe even a 427 but the camaros are hogging all of those. 400 would be nice but its rare. 409 would be great but most of the cali 409s were destroyed or someshit during the lowrider movement.

i wanna stick strictly to either chevy or edelbrock/crate engine.

ill try to take a picture of m 70 chevelle and post it but i need to find my scanner and some film.

Guest tears*uno

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARES!

Originally posted by Retnilps

actually 1970 was the climax year. im not sure about the other GM branches or Ford but chevy's best engines rolled out in 1970. the LS6 454 sporting 450 conservative horses was the top of the line. i know the other GM branches were sporting the 455 (coinsidence with your name?) but i dont know theyre histories. in 1972 the LS6 454 was rated at 250hp i think (under300). im hoping to find 350(novaSS was best), a 68-69 396 (camaro or chevelle) or 70 396(actually402) or maybe even a 427 but the camaros are hogging all of those. 400 would be nice but its rare. 409 would be great but most of the cali 409s were destroyed or someshit during the lowrider movement.

i wanna stick strictly to either chevy or edelbrock/crate engine.

ill try to take a picture of m 70 chevelle and post it but i need to find my scanner and some film.

.........haha......you noticed the similarities of my screen name.....yeah,you are right in a certain way.....however,I once possessed a '72 El Camino I bought from this old guy(completely stock) and it just had a 350 four-bolt main in it-----which is one the strongest motors Chevy ever produced.....I miss that car.----the rest of my Chevorlet products have had 350's in them also-----but the true gem is the "455"----which has 375 horsepower stock---if you wanted one of those I know you can get different motor mounts to set it up......you could find one out of the following cars-------(keep in mind that some of these cars even in the worst conditon are worth more than your Chevelle)...........I'll go from 1970 to '73.

.......Buick Skylark GS 455(collectors)

.......Buick Centurion GS 455(rare)

.......Buick Century(73)

.......all Buick Riviera models came with 455 engines(find a wrecked one)

.......Pontiac Grandville 2-door version(rare)

.......Pontaic Firebird or Trans-Am(you can usually find these beat to shit)

.......Olds Ninety-Eight sedans(which is where I would strip one)

.......Olds Delta 88(another scrapper)

.......some other models that were equipped with them were special ordered from the factory by the original owner.

.......crate motors are good also-whatever you want..

.......if you are looking for a 400-look for a wrecked Caprice Classic or a 4-door Impala from 71 to about 76----most of them came equipped with 400's from those years.

>there is also a 350 that you can find with 300 horsepower stock although the motor is rare-you can find those in the early-seventies trucks and Caprice or Chevelle.

--------------------->Good luck on your project...

Guest Retnilps

yeah the 455 has way more than 375HP. have you had one dynoed?? The GM braches that used the 455 rated them lower for insurance purposes. yeah that El Camino might have been a SS or one of the '72 cars that slipped of the line with a SS350 engine (different from the stock 350) with out anyone recording it. the production os SS350 engines and SS350 equipped cars is unknown because chevy made the last minute decision to include the 350 in the line up of SS.

my dad had two 455 cars in his day (i wish the gas shortage never happened he loved them but couldnt afford the gas)

he had a 1970 Cultlass GS (i want it. sister car of the LS6 chevelle)

im not sure what year but it was a Delta88

my dad swears to have beat his friends (camaros&transams) in his Delta.

the delta got crashed way before i was born. my dad had sold it to his friend. 2months later the dudes girlfriend accidently put the car in reverse and hit the gas, smashing the car thru a wall and a couple of harleys, she then put it in drive and floored it again (wasshe high??) crashin the car thru an apparment buildings wall. she never eased on the pedal and the engine never gave out, they had to pull the battery cables to make the damn engine stop. i hope that engine is out there racing now.

Guest Retnilps

update on car.

we stripped the whole interior and took the buckets and rear seat to get reupholstered. we cleaned everything out and are redoing the insulation/sound deadener today. the. seats shold be back friday and the new carpet should get done this weekend.thats it on the inside.

under the hood we realized a few springs attached to the throttle and carb were either loose or no there at all. we replaced them and the throttle feels much better and the car sounds a lot better. the secondaries still arent oppening when we ride full throttle so we'll have to check it out.

we might go to the junkyard next week (hope i can sneak in Im underage) and maybe ill spot a 396 equipped car (i doubt it) or a 400 (more likley). we should start a muscle car thread.

^^^^^^^^hahaha.....yeah,I raced people in a 1973 Pontiac Grandville 2-door for a little while....my car was in super good condition and only had a little over 89,000 miles on it and a new carburator.....sounds funny but I burned the shit out almost anything that I went up against and my car was close to 6,000 pounds.....and then I sold it for some stupid reason..:heated:......as far as finding a 396 factory equipped car in a junkyard with the motor still it I highly doubt it......a 400 would seem more realistic....ya dig?.....also check the Paddock.com for a catalog of restoration parts----or year.one.

Archived