Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Taliban, Hamas, Castro, Chiapas...

Discussion in 'News' started by Soup, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Soup

Soup Elite Member

This thread is just me asking questions to anyone who's followed the past century of guerilla warfare, or knows where I can find answers. These questions have no basis, I know next to nothing.

Can anyone draw similarities and differences between these groups? Why do americans wear Zapatista and Che shirts, but hate middle eastern guerilla movements? Besides their political stand against the west, what else are they doing? Taliban took over when the current Afgan government looked incompetent, had we backed them would the west still have been targeted? Is it in America's future to turn Abdel Aziz Rantisi into a pop figure like Che Gueverra?

2. Soup

Soup Elite Member

I'm just throwing shit out to get a discussion going.

3. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

in my opinion, it's a religious crusade. They know that Islam is the only threat to democracy as a way of life. I have a very large govt. document that says they plan to destroy Islam in the east and to pacify it in the west. They basically want Islam to be like christianity, just a set of meaningless rituals.
    Agree or disagree, that is what the American govt. themselves say.
    And muslims are not going down without a fight. Muslims know that this is a war against their way of life. The american media wont come right out and say it, but that is the agenda.

I don't agree with the way the Taliban went about trying to establish themselves. It was too quick , to abrupt.
    Change for the better has to be slow. If you want to establish a society on righteousness and good, then you have to use wisdom. Societies don't get corrupted overnight and you most definately can't change them overnight. People will always see you as an extremist if you try to do drastic things all at once. In my opinion that was the downfall of the taliban.
    They were very abrupt and non compromising. That, coupled with the fact that they wouldn't let America lay pipe in the ground is why they got removed as soon as they had the chance to. (Osama was just the scapegoat)
    That's why saudi is still running smooth. The saudis don't westernise their societies , but they use wisdom in dealing with the big bully America, so they remain. Otherwise, America would've turned their guns on them too.
    Seriously, man, the world needs to figure something out, because the way it's being run now is not working.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

cause they don't like coca cola.

(you forgot ho chi min as well)

5. Dude, c'mon.

6. Edika

Edika Member

these groups are not similar at all.

The Zapatistas ( EZLN) from MExico is quiet pacific compared to the other groups. It has nothing to do with terrorism and religious extremists.They never fought (beside one rebellion in early 90s) or made any terrorist attacks. They represent ( at least thats what they say) the cultural resistance of the poor Maya indians vs the mondialisation, capitalism, Mexican power tryng to erase them etc....
    So they have a pretty good image in the left wing population and that kind of groups....

7. Getzup

Getzup Member

Don't forget about the Iran and isreal threat thats going on in the middle east, I don't think America has any say over whats going to happen. One because the world is still recovering from the dumb war thats going on in Iraq. All of Bush's cabinet stepped down because the Iraq war was totally uncalled for.We went into preemptive war against Terrorism...and ended up with a quagmire of a war.

Terrorism can't be defined.
    America has learned it lesson from 4G Warfare. Lets,Face it there is going to be a coalition against the United States and U.N....

8. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

we can thank hitler for a lot of it.

9. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

Dude, c'mon.
    [post=4315435]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

yeah, thats pretty much what we want

10. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

11. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

American teens wear Che shirts because:

1. They think he's sexy
    2. They are idiots

Sure, there are probably some very good things about his legacy. (Don't go calling me some right wing nut!) But he was very enthusiatic about killing political oppents. He was responsible for the torture of hundreds in Cuban prison. Kinda like a Gitmo. Also, he was in favor of killing homosexuals. THere were other leaders of his time who were more deomocratic in there thinking, but alas, they didn't have that pretty face and bad ass attitute. Che was a more hard line Authoritarian type.

"hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine."

-Che

*edit, can't speeel

12. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

Dude, c'mon.
    [post=4315435]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Seriously, that was unnessasary and untrue. Even if you dont agree with a religion or the people that practice it you should be respectful of it.

I know plenty of muslims who are detached from their religion to the point that they will violate their heritage unabashed. To them Islam is the just what you discribed above.

13. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

bobthemothafuckinbuilder Junior Member

Dawood keeps commenting about how people should respect islam. Fuck you fuck islam fuck muhhamed, you can all suck my dick. Understood? You'd like the whole world to live under shria right? So you can beat your woman for going to school you dumb fuck.

14. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

bobthemothafuckinbuilder Junior Member

If you're mad enough now you can go outside carry a picket sign, cut off somones head, blow yourself up... or hopefully get shot.

15. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

Calm down there buddy boy