Talib Kweli Appreciation Thread

E-DubleSkilZ

Fuck it if yall are doing all these dam appreciation threads then i gotta put Kweli

1/2 of the Rap Super Duo BLACK STAR

1 of the Dopest Lyricicts (spelling?)

Solo album very unapreciated

This guy is so dope and i dont think people recognize it. Download his new song - :Good to You : Kweli is off the hook

recognize

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TonySuprano

Oh yeah Pistol - how was that show? Did u see Kristy there? Got a funny story for u about that

nah i didn't see her there. i was kinda expecting to run in to here there for some reason. there's a concert coming up to, i think kweli is supposed to be there/ not sure though.

Originally posted by socrates

OVerrated undergound star...not saying he's not good but he just gets too much press while others have to stand in his shadow

Hell no , there aint no heads doper than him that are underground. Plus i dont think he gets much attention like he should. Ive met him b4 and he is MAD BROKE.. people need to buy his album!!

Originally posted by TonySuprano

Hell no , there aint no heads doper than him that are underground. Plus i dont think he gets much attention like he should. Ive met him b4 and he is MAD BROKE.. people need to buy his album!!

i was a bit disappointed with the R.E. album. after the black star album i don't think they could match the dopeness.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

i was a bit disappointed with the R.E. album. after the black star album i don't think they could match the dopeness.

Agreed although i think the Reflection Eternal album was dope 2.

But him and Mos are on a new level. They are making more "Pop" songs because they have to. They cant be on that dope black star level because of their popularity

Originally posted by ..oX..

cut the corny hes/they're too popular shit for a second, he's actually pretty slick.

it doesn't bother me if someone gets popular, but if they get popular with a dope album (a la nas with illmatic) then goes pop thinking that's what they have to do to stay popular then that's pretty wack

i saw kweli a few months back.. he got to the venue pretty late and the crowd was drunk and tired of waiting... so some drunk asshole asks him why he's late and then smashes him in the face with a beer bottle. he goes on stage saying "fuck that shit.. show's cancelled! everybody go the fuck home!" then jumps off stage to give the dude that did it a few blows. we stuck around some more after a lot of people already left, and what ended up happening is once they dealt with the cops hauling the drunk dude off, kweli's manager musta told him it would cost to much to refund all the tickets, so he went ahead with the show and rocked the place.

with a welt on his forehead the size of a quarter.

• 2 months later...

Archived