1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Tales from the Bench..

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Hermdog, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Hermdog

Hermdog 12oz Elite Member

Tales from the Bench..

Discussion started by Hermdog - Nov 15, 2004

Post up your bench reports... anything special/unusual happen? Unique cars/lines of cars... any run-ins with authorities or workers? Has it been dry or packed? Seasonal lay-ups?

My most recent bench was a nice lay-up. It consisted of about 25 boxcars without any junk in between. The line is typical because the cars tend to return, but many break the cycle and head nationwide. Anyway, I was able to bench one full side of the line. As I jump to the otherside and begin the final leg of the bench...I noticed a truck coming up behind me with his high-beams on. Doubt he saw me but he could have. So I act quick... as he began his inspection of the cars (heading my direction.) moving slowly; looking in between each car from his seat...I dipped through the woods. I cautiously start checking out the other sides of the line which I didn't get to flick...and I made my approach out watching for the worker truck along the way. Happy to escape but didn't get as many flicks as usual.

Live to bench another day.

Hermdog - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Ident

Ident 12oz Member

Ident - Replied Nov 15, 2004

Last time I went benching, the only thing I saw was a HUGE crane rolling on the mainline. hehe

Short story, once there was this small line getting ready to head out of the city and I came too late to bench it but could see some dope pieces about 5 cars ahead of me, I asked this worker if I could go take a picture, he said: "well yeah!". He made the train wait 30 seconds just for me:p

Ident - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Nov 15, 2004

Good weekend...actually made a trip out to some real action. Cars to drool over, in a spot that is shady: black NW flat, red NW flat hicubes, red MWCX freshpaint flat, blue GT and CN flats for days, old logo MP box, BNSF icicle car, Chessie logo CSX flat, etc.
    Also got a knowledge check: a big old train was coming in from an unexpected direction, forcing me to look at maps and do more research on routes and spots I thought were either dead or limited to certain types of action. One of my hoppers, a week old, was on the line, which was clearly just returning from parts west - a fast turnaround time.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Beast

Beast 12oz Member

Beast - Replied Nov 16, 2004

My weekend of benching consisted of a nice afternoon of unsually warm weather. I relaxed in my spot with a drink, some snacks and a book and waited for the action to come to me. Over the two hours I saw the usual high cube red CPs, a decent amount of Tbox's, some Cp flats and a large amount of wheaties and skulleton cars. The nicest one I saw was a BNSF flat and a boxcar stamped TR. Saw a number of nice pieces but noting out of the ordinary.

When checking the spots I came across two nice GVSR flats and a CSX flat. I love seeing the old GVSR flats that are covered with tags and history. Also saw a nice WLO boxcar and the usual CN boxcars. Caught a line rolling in from the south, which was all autoracks rumbling along very fast. Then saw a line roll out southbound with a shit mix of tankers, Tbox's, CP's and hoppers.

Till next weekend....

Beast - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD 12oz Senior Member

IRON HEAD - Replied Nov 16, 2004

^^^ I love those TR boxcars... they are so big, i get them on da regular at one of my spots... did 2 e2e on them this past weekend... it was lovely... what area of the US u from Beast?

IRON HEAD - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Beast

Beast 12oz Member

Beast - Replied Nov 16, 2004

Actually I'm in Canada.

Beast - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. HATEBREEDER

HATEBREEDER 12oz Member

HATEBREEDER - Replied Nov 16, 2004

ALOT OF (ALL?) CP 217S ARE RESTAMPED TR

IF ANYONE KNOWS IF ANY BIG OL' CP 217'S ARE STILL
    ROLLIN I WANNA KNOW.

HATEBREEDER - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

InnerCityRebel - Replied Nov 16, 2004

hit the bench last weekend.Ended up with 10 or so good pics from one spot
    (which was a let down).Proceed to roll to the yard that is right up the way.Due to there being alot of movement on the lines i could not walk through the yard.So i drove to the parking lot on the other side of the yard to see if i could catch anything.Needless to say there was nothing.But the story gets better as i was leaving a cop pulls in.He busted a bitch and followed me for a few blocks then decided to light me up.I get pulled over and asked 20 questions.All my answers basically saying i like to flick freights.Which was perfect since both my cameras happen to be in the passanger seat.Right before he leaves he ask if i have anything illegal in the car.Besides the can of buff paint,20 or so cans of paint,a few markers/streaks and tips i had nothing(all of which are legal if over 18.which i am)Even if i did i would never have told the piggy..

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

me IS cool - Replied Nov 16, 2004

A couple years ago a friend and I went benching to this little spot that held only hoppers. We usually split up and take a line each so we can see who's on the other side. Anyways about halfway into the line I looked in between the line and saw a tramp sitting in the little patio area of the hopper. I said what up and he nodded back. When my friend go to that point I heard him say" Oh shit!"

After we were done we walked through the same line and he was gone. On the way home my homie couldn't shut up about how the dude scared the shit out of him.

:king:

10. SWX1994

SWX1994 12oz Member

SWX1994 - Replied Nov 18, 2004

:king:

SWX1994 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. ghostvandal

ghostvandal 12oz Senior Member

ghostvandal - Replied Nov 18, 2004

this got me laughing out loud in my accounting course hehehehe

ghostvandal - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. afterten

afterten 12oz Member

afterten - Replied Nov 18, 2004

one time I was on a bridge filming the engines power up underneath me, and this little kid who had to be about 5 years old came running up really excited. He was wearing a conductors hat and he was saying "freight train freight train!"

I thought it was cute. kindergarten railfan.

afterten - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. why write?

why write? 12oz Veteran Member

why write? - Replied Nov 19, 2004

^ hah nice little story....well one time i seen some army vehicles...maybe it was nothing special but i thought that it was cool...i even got a few pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i need to go benching again but i want a new digital camera first...shit do i miss it..

why write? - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. Hermdog

Hermdog 12oz Elite Member

Hermdog - Replied Nov 22, 2004

Went to one of my favorit spots...it was empty except for about 12 empty/full gondolas dedicated to rail ties. They're replacing ties, hopefully for future activity. I scoped the line for some graff. Nothing but about 7 worker streaks, all were "king of kings..he died for you." So I took same railfan flicks and that was it.

It was still nice to get out though.

Hermdog - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Locofanclub

Locofanclub 12oz Veteran Member

Locofanclub - Replied Nov 22, 2004

Bruxelles Gare Du Noord,3pm-5pm,put your running shoes on,make sure your digi is up to scratch....last trip,2wks ago,20 panels,and i missed a good dozen more!

Locofanclub - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: