Take skateboarding back!

creep3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck I forgot Nike kind of did kill it for a lot of skateboarding companies.

Plus they now own hurley and converse. They are trying to buy out skateboarding without ever giving a shit about it and just trying to cash in.

Hurley? Since when was that a "skateboarding" company?

Yeah its not but this involves sports like skateboarding, surfing, etc. Just basically nike trying to get a cut and shut core companies down that have built this industry over the years.

like nike really killed it for skaters. pac sun killed it for skaters.

Exaclty they are just as involved, but nike is a little worse. There are more companies than just nike trying to cash in on this due to popularity. They never helped build the industry and they are now trying to take it over.

I'm sorry but people need to hop off Nike's dick for killing scenes... cmon, people are finicky. Generations have their own subcultures that lose and gain importance as time goes by just like an ebb and flow of anything else that falls under the watchful eye of mass culture. Nike specifically is not the sole reason for skateboarding "dying", or anything else. You just got older. The people who want to go skate and skate for real will do it. Fuck caring about whose pushing product, quit being a bitch and go skate.

and after seeing your site. Two things, speaking of appropriation:

You lambast nike as this horrible institution yet you rip of their nomenclature, eg "Low 'Drunks'"

For christ sake, if your gonna rip into Nike, don't have the name of your shoe one letter off from a signature line of theirs.

And secondly, the irony of Warhol in contemporary society is lost. Or rather you are "killing" his art. And it has been done before

re_warhol-akselle-banana-bl.jpg

In the end its all just about skating and having fun ripping. I'm just trying to get the word out there. From there you can form your own opinion on nike trying to cash in. I just feal really strongly about skating since i have been devoted to it for over half my life. Now go skate!

Nike is smarter than you think...half of those Nike SB's dont even fit well enought to be considered a skate shoe, they knew that hypebeasts would eat that rare shoe shit up and consume consume consume...nike is in my mind still one of the greater marketing geniouses out there to date, they are hustlers in a sense, pushing a prime product that everyone wants (in this situation being the hypebeasts and the kids who think these shoes make you skate like jesus.) its sad that people are throwing major dough around for some shit that probably cost like 50cents to make, but are reselling for over 250.00. Regardless Jays till my last days you dig?

Nike is smarter than you think...half of those Nike SB's dont even fit well enought to be considered a skate shoe, they knew that hypebeasts would eat that rare shoe shit up and consume consume consume...nike is in my mind still one of the greater marketing geniouses out there to date, they are hustlers in a sense, pushing a prime product that everyone wants (in this situation being the hypebeasts and the kids who think these shoes make you skate like jesus.) its sad that people are throwing major dough around for some shit that probably cost like 50cents to make, but are reselling for over 250.00. Regardless Jays till my last days you dig?

True enough man.

there was an article in wired mag about a book that basically gave a "detailed" marketing strategy involving a product in which its value resided in the company's ability to control the supply and demand curve. kinda like an corporate version of oj's "if i did it". if anyone knows what im talking about, post that shit.