"TAGGERS"

Guest 87centHitMan

Guest 87centHitMan

I don't know if this applies to anyone else or not, but almost all of my close friends have a "tag" even though they never paint and can't really do it that well. I think it's because when my sketches and magazines are all over the house and there's pieces in the basement and everything, it tends to grow on people without them really consciously knowing it when they're constantly exposed to it. They can still name writers locally and notice all our shit and other that are getting up in the town, and they can name the nationally famous writers too.But I think it's kinda cool, though. It's like there's a little spark of intrest there, but they really don't have the time, determination, or balls to go out and do it. Some end up really doing it, but not many.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have a couple close friends like that. they like graff, do sketches, notice graff, and have their own words, but when it comes to actually writing, they are the biggest and toyest pussies on earth. it makes me mad because they never improve or even try to improve because they get frustrated(sp?).

Guest TECONE SW

I think people that just tag are wack... they are the reason society hates on graff so much... cause all they see is these little fake taggers doin whack scribbles on everything...

I feel you.. one of my employees has mad hand style and loves watching graff and break vids with me. Can name probably 200 writers.......... But has no interest in getting up. Funny to cause I would love his handstyale.

CAPS.................... duck duck....GOOSE

i know tons of people that are aright or real good on paper,have a "writing name" but dont use the shit!..that kinda pisses me off..why are they gonna have an alias if its just 4 paper..it also pisses me off like if someone asks if or what they write and they say there paper name like they actually get up..

Originally posted by 87centHitMan

I don't know if this applies to anyone else or not, but almost all of my close friends have a "tag" even though they never paint and can't really do it that well. I think it's because when my sketches and magazines are all over the house and there's pieces in the basement and everything, it tends to grow on people without them really consciously knowing it when they're constantly exposed to it. They can still name writers locally and notice all our shit and other that are getting up in the town, and they can name the nationally famous writers too.But I think it's kinda cool, though. It's like there's a little spark of intrest there, but they really don't have the time, determination, or balls to go out and do it. Some end up really doing it, but not many.

yeah were i live most ppl go on on tagging streaks.. they'll will be crazy about it and will run around everywhere with there sharpies and cans of pink spray paint and shit that they stole from there garage..

Guest 87centHitMan

Yeah, I really don't get the point in saying you're a writer and you don't get up. If I was to meet another writer from my town and I wasn't up and I claimed I was a writer, I'd be embarrassed. If you don't get up or have never been up before, you don't write. Plain and simple. I meet lots of writers that are just down with the shit. When you talk to them, they sound like they know, and they'll name good up writers, but when you hand them a marker and they do a tag, it's a big "69" with a star around it. What the fuck? Either get up or quit claimin. If you're really dedicated and you're real about it, you'll get good and you'll get up. You get what you give.

Guest tears*uno

i hate it when my friends or kids that know i write see me sketching and shit try to write because they all suck ass and think they are big shit when they are pissing there pants over doing a sharpie tag on a pole at school. real annoying to me.

Guest Nawticka

I don't know. My girlfriend used to (and to some degree, still) really hates that I write(in public) but eventually she started tagging a few spots with me. It's wierd though because after she does it she starts telling me how she doesn't understand why she want's to do it, she just does it. And she feels good when she get's up. She even called me the other day to tell me that the "S" in her tag "SAW" is getting tight! I'm like "get the fuck outta here!"

Archived