Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"TAGGERS"

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by 87centHitMan, Jun 21, 2002.

1. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

I don't know if this applies to anyone else or not, but almost all of my close friends have a "tag" even though they never paint and can't really do it that well. I think it's because when my sketches and magazines are all over the house and there's pieces in the basement and everything, it tends to grow on people without them really consciously knowing it when they're constantly exposed to it. They can still name writers locally and notice all our shit and other that are getting up in the town, and they can name the nationally famous writers too.But I think it's kinda cool, though. It's like there's a little spark of intrest there, but they really don't have the time, determination, or balls to go out and do it. Some end up really doing it, but not many.

2. JUWSE

JUWSE Junior Member

i have a couple close friends like that. they like graff, do sketches, notice graff, and have their own words, but when it comes to actually writing, they are the biggest and toyest pussies on earth. it makes me mad because they never improve or even try to improve because they get frustrated(sp?).

3. TECONE SW

TECONE SW Guest

I think people that just tag are wack... they are the reason society hates on graff so much... cause all they see is these little fake taggers doin whack scribbles on everything...

4. CAPS

CAPS Member

I feel you.. one of my employees has mad hand style and loves watching graff and break vids with me. Can name probably 200 writers.......... But has no interest in getting up. Funny to cause I would love his handstyale.

CAPS.................... duck duck....GOOSE

5. moonstrahl

moonstrahl Junior Member

yeah, I have some friends that are into it, and one of them is pretty good, but she doesn't really get into it. She gets up here and there, but doesn't really have her heart in it.

6. KIND

KIND Member

i know tons of people that are aright or real good on paper,have a "writing name" but dont use the shit!..that kinda pisses me off..why are they gonna have an alias if its just 4 paper..it also pisses me off like if someone asks if or what they write and they say there paper name like they actually get up..

7. jeff123456

jeff123456 Member

yeah were i live most ppl go on on tagging streaks.. they'll will be crazy about it and will run around everywhere with there sharpies and cans of pink spray paint and shit that they stole from there garage..

8. moonstrahl

moonstrahl Junior Member

I hate the toys that bomb with the flourescent pink paint!!! Bastards!! The ones that use the flourscent orange are no better, but hey, they are toys...

9. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

Yeah, I really don't get the point in saying you're a writer and you don't get up. If I was to meet another writer from my town and I wasn't up and I claimed I was a writer, I'd be embarrassed. If you don't get up or have never been up before, you don't write. Plain and simple. I meet lots of writers that are just down with the shit. When you talk to them, they sound like they know, and they'll name good up writers, but when you hand them a marker and they do a tag, it's a big "69" with a star around it. What the fuck? Either get up or quit claimin. If you're really dedicated and you're real about it, you'll get good and you'll get up. You get what you give.

10. space

space Member

its all about dusty pink, fuck that flourescent shit.

11. moonstrahl

moonstrahl Junior Member

I feel that space.

I totally agree with ya 87, if you don't hit anything other than paper in the comfort of your own home you are missing 80% of graff. Being out in the risk is an important part. Fucking people....

12. tears*uno

tears*uno Guest

i hate it when my friends or kids that know i write see me sketching and shit try to write because they all suck ass and think they are big shit when they are pissing there pants over doing a sharpie tag on a pole at school. real annoying to me.

13. Nawticka

Nawticka Guest

I don't know. My girlfriend used to (and to some degree, still) really hates that I write(in public) but eventually she started tagging a few spots with me. It's wierd though because after she does it she starts telling me how she doesn't understand why she want's to do it, she just does it. And she feels good when she get's up. She even called me the other day to tell me that the "S" in her tag "SAW" is getting tight! I'm like "get the fuck outta here!"