Tablet PC's.

defyoner

so im gonna pick up a Toshiba m205-s810 tablet pc tommorow. i need a laptop for school. and im getting a killer ass deal on this joint. so im buying it. if i dont like it. ill return it. or sell it. because im getting it for $1000 and it retails at like $1800+ so i win. go circuit city.

if you have one or played with one. lemme know your oppinions.

word.\m/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I love these things.

I've played around with the Toshiba at Best Buy, but it wasn't plugged in and it was locked down.

Still, I love the idea of a rotateable laptop.

It looks ideal if you're into graphic design or writing of any form.

I really want to pick one up, but I'm -$.

Def1, let me know how it handles once you get it.

me good spell

Originally posted by sans sheriff@Mar 6 2005, 04:10 AM

I love these things.

I've played around with the Toshiba at Best Buy, but it wasn't plugged in and it was locked down.

Still, I love the idea of a rotateable laptop.

It looks ideal if you're into graphic design or writing of any form.

I really want to pick one up, but I'm -$.

Def1, let me know how it handles once you get it.

me good spell

ok i will. yea im getting the same toshiba that you were probably looking at. im excited. i go to school fopr computer graphics. and i hate taking notes on paper. so this will be amazing for class.

ill keep you posted.

aim: dephyone

Originally posted by defyoner@Mar 5 2005, 11:15 PM

ill keep you posted.

up.. it's -Rage- here.

I'll be online later in the week, so you can IM me then. Crazy busy at work lately.

Maybe I'll make enough $ this month to buy the laptop..

if it meets your standards.

Rock.

Originally posted by sans sheriff+Mar 6 2005, 04:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sans sheriff - Mar 6 2005, 04:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-defyoner@Mar 5 2005, 11:15 PM

ill keep you posted.

up.. it's -Rage- here.

I'll be online later in the week, so you can IM me then. Crazy busy at work lately.

Maybe I'll make enough $ this month to buy the laptop..

if it meets your standards.

Rock.

[/b]

ive been playing with it non stop lately.. its not a slow machine.. the main complaints are that the dvd/cd-rw drive is an external. but now a days everything is downloaded. and what not. i figure transfer my itunes list to that thing. and photoshop, flash, illustrator and what not.. and ill be set. and with the drive being external you save a few pounds and thickness of the laptop itself. making the thing...

1.4" thick, weighing in at 4 pounds. with a batery life of 4.5 hours or something around there. i know its above 4.3 hours.

Originally posted by GREENOJOS@Mar 6 2005, 06:16 AM

looks interesting, i dont know about the swivel screen though, seems to me like that would be easily broken. other than that, the lightness and thinness of it is pretty remarkable.

thats where the 4 year protection plan comes in. woot.

I was thinking about getting one of those as I am a digital painter and use wacom tablets alll the time my commercial work and fine art.

My main concern is:

How many levels of sensitivity do those tablet PCs have? I have two Intuous 2 Wacom Tablets and both are 1024 levels of pressure and sensitivity. Do those Tablet PCs have the same or is it higher/lower? I would imagine it would be lower but how low? I'm curious? I'm hoping they have at least 512 levels of sensitivity.

Originally posted by MuthaMolesta@Mar 6 2005, 07:26 AM

I was thinking about getting one of those as I am a digital painter and use wacom tablets alll the time my commercial work and fine art.

My main concern is:

How many levels of sensitivity do those tablet PCs have? I have two Intuous 2 Wacom Tablets and both are 1024 levels of pressure and sensitivity. Do those Tablet PCs have the same or is it higher/lower? I would imagine it would be lower but how low? I'm curious? I'm hoping they have at least 512 levels of sensitivity.

its either 512 or 768. i cant remember.

**edit: ill let you know tommorow**

out of the box. and running. its nice.. so far im really impressed. well worth the money i dropped on it. well i got a killer deal so... yea. but still its alot of fun.

i havent noticed any slowness. applications are opening quickly. the pen/screen interaction is smooth.. even in MS Paint. ill keep you all updated.