Sydney streets

Mr.Mojo

Couldnt find a thread for Sydney street artists so here it is.

I have seen some great stuff out there- graff, stencils, postering and stickers,

SO.......show us what you got!!!!

Here is some of my work

http://www.artisdead.org/eccepost2.jpg'>

http://www.artisdead.org/eccepost1.jpg'>

http://www.artisdead.org/surgeonsstencil.jpg'>

http://www.artisdead.org/ecce2red.jpg'>

http://www.artisdead.org/conformsticker1.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: HMMMMMMMMM

Originally posted by el nervo

LOOKS LIKE SYDNEY IS IN NEED OF BOMBERS

We have plenty of them and Im sure you could find them in other threads. BUT, thats not what I do- so I couldnt post pics of graff that I dont have!

Originally posted by AMEN1

PUT DOWN THE PAPER AND PASTE, AND PICK UP SOME PAINT!!!

I DONT OWN A STUDIO AND I'M NOT HIRING A "ARTIST". GET LOST SUCKA!!!!!!:heated: ME=:beat: YOU

get fucked looser art is about expressing your self and this is how this guy does it, he should paste some stuff on trains with super glue

just cause it aint your thing doesn't mean you have to front morphius.

stencilling and postering are valid forms of streetart....

the !NORMAL 3CC3 is really good Ecce, too bad some twat probly came by a couple hours later and felt like picking at it

Originally posted by hyrax

just cause it aint your thing doesn't mean you have to front morphius.

stencilling and postering are valid forms of streetart....

the !NORMAL 3CC3 is really good Ecce, too bad some twat probly came by a couple hours later and felt like picking at it

I agree. I was doing graff when I was younger, but my work has evolved into this. I think it allows for just as much expression. What I would like to see is no seperation from graff writers, stencilers, sticker artists and postering. After all arent we all just reclaiming public space with our images and letting people know we are out there!

The "falling down" poster was ripped across the middle 2 days later. I think it was done by the promoters of Ron Moss because I had stuck it over his fat head!

>>>I agree. I was doing graff when I was younger, but my work has evolved into this<<<

What a load of bullshit, your work has degressed to sticking up existing pictures with wheatpaste, and then making up some psuedo profound reasoning behind "why" you put it up. One dirty fucking tag says a world more than any of your "intelligent" street art nonsense. Street art is gay, art can be cool on its own, but bringing "art" into graffiti waters it down like some Paul Oakenfeild type club remix of a good song.

Do you wear cargo pants, and spike your mo-hawk and rollerblade around Sydney sticking these up, whilst you play progressive trance-two-step-bass, on your mini disk, whilst handing out flyers to your new "night" on oxford street where DJ Molly Meldrum is gonna play?

>>What I would like to see is no seperation from graff writers, stencilers, sticker artists and postering. <<<<<

I would like to see a huge seperation, its only in the interest of wanky "IT boy" graphic designers to try and get some "street cred" or have something "underground" to talk about whilst they have brunch, eating Westernised versions of "cultured" food, sipping designer water that's from the tap, at Arcadia's off little lonsdale st. Daaaarling!

If you think a writer and a art-ponce have anything in common, then obviously you have never busted into yards, done wholecars, watched your panels run through the heart of the city...etc etc. Wheras in 99% of the cases you see posters and that bullshit, its either selling a product in some "subtle" form, or its by a writer who's gonna try to use graffiti to make some money as a "graphic designer", or get a write up in some street/fashion hybrid magazine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What the hell would you know with your "Im such a hard core writer" attitude. You basically know nothing about me and then assume a whole bunch of shit based on a few sell out graphic designers that youve heard of. I have no reason to lie and say I have done stuff when I havent- that seems pointless in such an intense forum. unlike yourself who has nothing better to do than be jealous of ideas that you could never think of. So to you I say-

SHOW US YOUR STUFF!

Originally posted by Rsmry'sBaby

[b. Street art is gay, art can be cool on its own, but bringing "art" into graffiti waters it down like some Paul Oakenfeild type club remix of a good song.

[/b]

Incase you didnt notice - graff is street art. street art is art and graff is art. Its all one thing!

Dont fool yourself into believing that you are anything special!

What do you write lad? you obviously from sydney cause you know your way around pretty well...This is why the sydney graffiti scene is falling into small pieces in the gutter...All i ever hear is Panels this panels that panels panels panels...Hey guess what sydney? Graffiti isnt chained down to just panels...I hear writers in sydney claiming "your not a real writer untill youve done panels"

All i can say to you is mate look outside the square you live in...Defining all people who poster as "art ponces" is pretty narrow minded and un-thought out...And you have just proven to 12oz you write graffiti for the totally wrong reasons. And not for art...Its sad that its come to this...Props to eccee for doing something different and not following the flock of other "cool" writers in sydney.

Thats my two sense

Guest catwash
Originally posted by Rsmry'sBaby

What a load of bullshit, your work has degressed to sticking up existing pictures with wheatpaste, and then making up some psuedo profound reasoning behind "why" you put it up. One dirty fucking tag says a world more than any of your "intelligent" street art nonsense. Street art is gay, art can be cool on its own, but bringing "art" into graffiti waters it down like some Paul Oakenfeild type club remix of a good song.

I'm with Rosemary on this one.

Fair enough stencils/posters may be ok in their own right but it's not graffiti in the slightest. If you want to wheatpaste it's down to you, but it's not graffiti and shouldn't be labled like that. Same with the Bansky deal, yeah sure he does his thing and is 'down' with the media crowd thinking he's some kind of vandal but the bottom line is that it's not graffiti.

Do you wear cargo pants, and spike your mo-hawk and rollerblade around Sydney sticking these up, whilst you play progressive trance-two-step-bass, on your mini disk, whilst handing out flyers to your new "night" on oxford street where DJ Molly Meldrum is gonna play?

laughing my ass off... I'm sure I saw him this morning

Guest catwash
Originally posted by FaceOfPain

.And you have just proven to 12oz you write graffiti for the totally wrong reasons. And not for art...

So the totally wrong reason to do graffiti is to get up and paint trains? I thought that was the whole point?!

Guest SE4_2002
Originally posted by catwash

So the totally wrong reason to do graffiti is to get up and paint trains? I thought that was the whole point?!

Exactly what I was thinkng mate..

Originally posted by catwash

How isnt street art just another way of getting up? If getting up is what you are concerned with then trains arent very effective. most get buffed in Syd before even leaving the yards and those that do make it out- nobody but writers takes notice anyway.

Making people jolt out of there mundane lives is what im about and taking it to the street is more effective than a panel anyday!

Its not totally the wrong reason but there is definately more to it

Dont get my wrong dickhead graffiti is about bombing and i would rather see ten filled throwies or a street piece than a legal...but its about art...If its not then why dont you go out and just throw buckets of paint on trains? and draw lines and just fuck trains up? Regardless of "im a hardcore bomber - fuck art" your still artistic.

Archived