surfing

Guest drunken phil

Guest drunken phil

ive seen bike, skate and snowboarding threads. maybe i missed the surfing thread but this shit rocks. i surf whenever i et the chance. it's relatively inexpensive, it's not illegal in some places, a good way to show your manly body off to them ladies and it's just an all around fun thing to do. living in nicaragua with the pacific ocean is great. uncrowded surf spots, sunny all year, warm water, and um... cheap weed(if i shouldnt say this i guess i'll have to edit it) and close to the city; no need for long, drawn out car rides. anyway i was just wondered if im an island on this one. i know that surfing culture, not nescesarily the actual sport(if you could call it thaT), has hit pop culture which does suck. i agree.

http://topex.ucsd.edu/sandwell/surfing.jpeg'>

http://www.nlnnet.com/gif/surfing.jpg'>

http://freespace.virgin.net/leaf.ltd/bull-surfing.jpg'>

~PUkE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.outer-banks.nc.us/tgod/surfing/Surfpix/barrel.jpg'>

http://www.outer-banks.nc.us/tgod/surfing/Surfpix/aron.jpg'>

http://www.outer-banks.nc.us/tgod/surfing/Surfpix/setwave.jpg'>

the area i called home for 6 years....this time of year always makes me want to go back and get in on the hurricane swells that come through....

i need a vacation....

I surf and body board... just thought that instead of making a whole new thread I'd come here. I have no surf oard at the moment so I am mainly bodyboarding. And that shit about surfing being inexpensive... BULLSHIT!! Boards around here cost upwards or 350 for a good board.

Re: ....

Originally posted by Ran_dumbs

And that shit about surfing being inexpensive... BULLSHIT!! Boards around here cost upwards or 350 for a good board.

yeah but once you get a board and a wetsuit theres not much more to pay for right? its not like you have to pay to use the ocean......yet.

are used board a good bet for a rookie?

Re: ....

Originally posted by Ran_dumbs

And that shit about surfing being inexpensive... BULLSHIT!! Boards around here cost upwards or 350 for a good board.

WHAT!!! who said that shit....

custom board....$400 dollars (1 to 3 in a year depending on surf)

wetsuit....$250-350

boots....$25-$50

gloves....dito

hood....$20-$35

nylon shirt....$40-60

board shorts....$50-$60

leashes...$25-30 (at least 3 to 4 a year)

countless hours of driving....a good $500 a year

it may not be as expensive as snowboarding but please believe its not cheap unless your riding a tank in kmart shorts for 2 months of the year

skater nerds can make fun of it all they want...id love to see those dorks get out to the bar in 8 to 10 foot beach break

Yup surfing is some fun shit. Unfortunately I haven't been out in about 2 yrs. What kind of board do y'all have. I have a 6'3" channel islands. I was thinking of getting a long board but then I remembered I haven't surfed in 2 yrs so why spend the money.

Guest HESHIANDET

im off to costa rica again in december through the new years. should be dope. i ride long boards, living in this city has cut my surf time to nothing. i got in the water 3 times this summer. should be a hoot this winter. seems like a pretty ood swelll going on right now.ahhhhhemmmmmmm

yeah ive made a few surfing threads, but i dont expect people to go dig em up from the 1000's of threads and shit. but yeah, surfing is fuckin tight. i think im gonna go surfing right now if the surf report has anything good to say....

hesh, youre a lucky motherfucker! costa rica is a place ive wanted to go forever but i havent gotten around to it. perfect surf, good food, good weather, good women, good language, scenery.... have a blast man.

Guest willy.wonka

i have been thinking of driving around with my friend and scoping the local nieghborhoods for boards...

cheap way to get a surfboard...my friend used to work at a rent shop..he got away with a 400$ longboard..brand new.his dad was stoked that he stole it.

well winter is comin and i need to get some better fins and a new bodyboard/shorts/fins...

north shore here i come

just checked the surf report: 3-4 ft, i can tell its windy as fuck by lookin outside but it calms down once in a while, the water temp is 61 deg F, and there are about 20 guys out.... id say it would be a damn good day if it wasnt so widny. maybe this evening will be better. i think im gonna go for a quick sesh right now though....

peace

Re: Re: ....

Originally posted by boogie hands

WHAT!!! who said that shit....

wetsuit....$250-350

boots....$25-$50

gloves....dito

hood....$20-$35

nylon shirt....$40-60

board shorts....$50-$60

it kinda depends tho, for example:

-whatever, i just always borrow them, plus, here in nicaragua theres tons of dudes going to collage practically giving them away.

wetsuit....$250-350

-the waters plenty warm here, no need for those.

boots....$25-$50

-barefoot....$0

gloves....dito

-barehanded

hood....$20-$35

-no need.

nylon shirt....$40-60

-i always go without a shirt.

board shorts....$50-$60

-come on, everybody has swimming trunks

-depends where you are, i live about 1h 45m from the beach, i can spend the weekend there just fine.

so technically, its all relative to your geographical position and how much you want to spend on things you dont need.

-ok, here you do have a point.

i went surfing today! gustav was right off the coast today, im talkin like 9-13 foot swells, straight barrels all the way down. it was so sick, best surf i've seen in awhile. it was so hard to get out, pourin down rain, and you had to duck dive deep as a bitch. the undertoe was nasty too. just walking to the water sucked...wet sand pelting against your body, it hurt like crazy, especially when you caught it in the eye. then the wind rips your board out of your hands. later on tonight we went back down there and smoked a blunt and walked the surf. i have to say, it's the most relaxing thing i've done in awhile, the ocean sounded awesome.

http://www.gopbi.com/weather/special/storm/atlantic/gustav_3.jpg'>

Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

im off to costa rica again in december through the new years. should be dope. i ride long boards, living in this city has cut my surf time to nothing. i got in the water 3 times this summer. should be a hoot this winter. seems like a pretty ood swelll going on right now.ahhhhhemmmmmmm

nicaragua is right north of the costa rican border, for an american citizen it's not a real big hassle(might help to know some spanish tho). im sorry that his website is the only one i could get ahold of. but if you get the chance, look for a beach called popoyo. fucking great waves and next to no other people. someone told me surfer mag came downhere for an article on that beach. here's the link. happy hunting.

http://www.sanjuandelsur.org.ni/

Surfing is a sport witch dose not get enough credit. Those people are all hard core, all gettin' the shit beat out of them by those massive ass waves. I could never do that shit. So the sufers get much respect from me.

:eek:

Archived