SUPREME RENOVATIONS

misteraven

Seems like SupremeNYC has something planned. Windows are covered up and there's a sign in the window saying they'll be closed for a few weeks pending renovations and the release of their spring line. I've seen them close for a week with a similar note, but since this time it's a few weeks maybe they actually have something big planned to bring it up to par with SupremeLA.

Here's some shots of teh LA store...

Supreme-1.jpg

Supreme-2.jpg

Supreme-3.jpg

Supreme-4.jpg

taken from... http://www.harryallendesign.com/interior/Supreme/index.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supreme LA

With their new store in LA Supreme make one thing clear: their stores are about skateboarding. With all the sneaker- and logo-madness some people might have overlooked that fact. So how do they back this? They built a freestanding pool right into their new location. Supreme it is - if you consider the craftsmanship involved in putting together such a huge construction and then also taking the efforts of 'polishing' the parts one usually won't see.

The store will officially opened in September fully stocked with the new Supreme line - new back packs, duffles, tees, and - most important to some - the new Supreme/Vans collaboration skate shoes (Chukkas, Old Skool Hi & Low, Half Cabs). You might have to keep your tents up until October for the new Nike Delta Forces...?

<!-- Box logo related info here --> At the night of the opening - a new box logo T-shirt was given out to the guests. This time the word "Supreme" is written in Hebrew. Now why would that be? Maybe the info on the back will give you a hint...

Supreme LA is located at 439 North Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036.

pic_01.jpg

pic_02.jpg

pic_03.jpg

pic_04.jpg

pic_05.jpg

pic_06.jpg

pic_07.jpg

pic_08.jpg

pic_09.jpg

pic_10.jpg

pic_11.jpg

stolen

supreme fell the fuck off trust me shit is wack i wont even ware the shit no more even if i get it for free which i do they stop'd makeing any thing good back in 2000 what a shame people are still going crazy about them its all about J MONEY IN 2005 HEADS NEED TO GET UP ON THAT

Originally posted by Misteraven@Feb 4 2005, 05:32 PM

i've been feeling the ja moeny stuff but still havent seen much of it.

any idea if they have a site?

right now hes getting ready for spring shit is crazy you'll see.. the winter line was gone in no time i'll let heads know when its about to drop...

sup.gif

New York based skate company Supreme has become an underground global phenomenon since the doors first opened on Lafayette in 1992. Ten years later Supreme is stronger than ever. Mad money is being exchanged for the classic box logo T; aficionados can tell which number one of their backpacks are; Japanese magazines dedicate countless pages to their wares. A fashion label has certainly made it once it even has fakes popping up (including the aforementioned backpacks!) So who is the man at the top? Englishman James Jebbia. He kindly gave me some of his time to answer a couple of questions....

What's your opinion on the secondary market of Supreme products (whether it be on eBay or in one of the many boutiques in Harajuku)?

JJ: I don¹t like it very much simply because we try our best to make our clothing affordable for young people, after all Supreme is a skate brand & when I do see our things on ebay the prices are normally at least double what they should be. Basically I don¹t like people getting jacked for a T-shirt. I much prefer if someone buys something from us that they plan on wearing it & not selling .

How did the Downlows come about?

JJ: Just through us trying to come up with a simple sneaker that represents our look.

Boxing imagery has features frequently in your prints etc. Who's the boxing fan then?

JJ: I’m a BIG Ali fan & find him to be an awesome inspiration as a person as well as an incredible boxer.

Is the whole Supreme team involved with the range of products?

JJ: There's a few heads who work on the stuff but not everyone, too many cooks!! You no the rest.

Any plans for an action figure?

JJ: Not at this moment

How does the whole Japanese magazine thing work? The Supreme team often are there modelling in the pages of Boon etc. - do you contact them or do they contact you?

JJ: I’m not sure really, my partner in Japan handles all of that. It seems to me though that Japanese magazines embrace underground culture much more so than European & American magazines do. In terms of the team modelling in the magazines etc that happens because people in Japan appreciate that we are a New York based company & we do our best to convey that whenever possible, so the crew from NY go out whenever its needed.

July2002

Thanks go to James Jebbia for giving me his time to answer these questions. Man, if only I'd asked him about the Supreme Dunks......

MAKE CONTACT

USA

New York - 2129667799

JAPAN

Tokyo - 0354560085

Osaka - 0665330705

Fukuoka - 0927325002

link

Originally posted by The Hipster@Feb 6 2005, 08:34 AM

JJ: I don¹t like it very much simply because we try our best to make our clothing affordable for young people, after all Supreme is a skate brand & when I do see our things on ebay the prices are normally at least double what they should be. Basically I don¹t like people getting jacked for a T-shirt. I much prefer if someone buys something from us that they plan on wearing it & not selling .

as much as the elitist supreme has become.

they did have the best prices in decks and shoes.

compared to blades a couple blocks away.

i always bought my shit from them because they were always a couple bucks cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by The Hipster+Apr 17 2005, 12:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Hipster - Apr 17 2005, 12:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-brokenfone23@Apr 17 2005, 12:23 PM

these guys have mad supreme gear on there site

http://www.notone.com

supremeblockbuster.jpg

[url='http://www.notone.com'][/url]

i have just picked this up but the t-shirt is in read and the blockbuster is in black.

[/b]

i have this shirt. and the price for it that website is asking for, is so over

priced.