Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

superstitions

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dawood, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

I remember when I was a kid, They used to tell you if you broke a mirror it would be 7 years bad luck. And when we would walk down the sidewalk as young bucks, a cat could catch a beat down for cutting the pole, Especially after a bombing (bombing e.g. doing graffiti wink FBI) mission or doing some sort of crime . And I remember the older graff heads form around my way telling me .."Don't ever catch tags after you rock a burner, even a marker tag" The theory was if you did, you would get caught. And the funny thing is, A lot of that stupid stuff, I think I might have actually beleived a little when I was young. I sure-nuff remember beating people down for cutting the pole. What the hell were we thinking???

Anyone have any stupid superstition stories, I think superstition is one of lifes dumbest things , yet , I find it amazing what people will actually beleive in just because of culture or tradition.

2. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

i'm trying to get rid of em all.
    as you grow, it becomes amazing to learn how mind-fucked humans became.

in my drug class, this dude on a marijuana video talked about men getting titties that can become milkers, if they smoke too much pot.

3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I will throw salt over my shoulder to this day. I dont care how fine of an establishment i am in.

4. Hokus

Hokus Member

i've never heard of cutting a pole, what is that?

i never really believed in superstitions

5. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

i knock on wood and
    i dont like black cats, or black humans.

6. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

whenever i would make an ugly face toward elders my mom would tell me "Keep it up, if the wind blows your face is going to stay like that."
    That use to scare the shit out of me until i was 6 or 7

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i also knock on wood

8. SpyD

SpyD Elite Member

cutting a pole is going past the pole on the other side of the person ur with instead of on the same side. that still pisses me off.
    then u gotta draw an X on their backs. or is that when u step on the back of someones shoe?

9. Hokus

Hokus Member

oooh, that shit is irritating..

10. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

my mom used to tell me chocolate would cause pimples. Id tell her to screw off and eat all the chocolate i wanted.

i never really believed in any superstitions. except for : if things can go wrong, they will, and if everything seems to good to be true, it probably is.

11. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

where you from bee?

12. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

ive never heard of cutting a pole either, and im from staten island, new york city, hornet.
    get it, you said bee, i said hornet.

aight hornet.

13. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

^^Okay, I need somebody to tell me how the "ignore" button works.

14. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

Whenever i go through a red light i kiss my first and middle finger and hit them against a spot above my head

15. azert

azert Senior Member

I also always do this whenever I spill salt.

Where I was from, to not cut a pole you had to go on the same side as the oldest person. I remember arguing over who was the oldest.