suicide statistics

haunts

in the united states somebody dies of suicide every 18 minutes, 80 suicides a day

out of that its approximately 64 men and 16 women

deaths per year

suicide 29,350 homicide 16,765

among adolesents and young adults suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death

the youngest recorded suicide attempt was a 2 1/2 year old, the attempt was made with his mothers medication

"joey" is a 7 year old. his birth was an accident, his entire life his parents openly joked about about how he was the accident that happened in the bahamas and they never really thought much about it.

one day joey was being a 7 year old kid and was running around the house being crazy and knocking stuff over, according to his mom he was being a bit more aggresive than usual. she started screaming at him because she couldnt get him to calm down and the statement i wish you were never born slipped out of her mouth. joeys first reaction was to open the front door and run into traffic on a busy street that the family lived on.

he lived, the driver hit him but it wasnt fatal. when he woke up at the hospital at the bed side sat his mom, when he was asked why he did it he responded with you always said i was an accident. i knew you didnt love me, and you just proved it.

imagine how much family therapy it would take to fix that one.

doctors use a technique called play therapy to get answers out of kids after events like this.

st.augustine once stated that judas was named eternally damned for "killing" jesus but for killing himself.

i am doing a report about suicide for a class in school, i will be posting a bunch of the results on 12oz when im done with it but it will be a few months.

until then this is all you get.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I found an old short story I wrote for school when I was thirteen about a grown man who fucks up killing himself. Damn dude shot his neck instead of his head. It turns out that he didn't really want to die, but after all the isolation and ridicule he felt after the botched attempt, he did it the right way. CO, baby. CO.

FIREARMS AND SUICIDE

Although most gun owners reportedly keep a firearm in their home for “protection” or “self defense,”

83 percent of gun related deaths in these homes are the result of a suicide, often by someone other than the gun owner.

Firearms are used in more suicides than homicides.

Death by firearms is the fastest growing method of suicide.

Firearms account for 60 percent of all suicides

thanks for the info nekro, dkab

weapon x, your story reminds me of another story. in the culture of the inuit indians they believe that suicides okay if you are choosing to suicide because you are elderly or feel like you cant contribute to the tribe anymore. but you have to go around the tribe and ask everyone elses permission to do it 3 times. its common practice in the tribe that all you have to do to suicide is walk out of the tundra and you are generally dead in 10-15 minutes or so since they live in the arctic.

so there was this guy that felt he was too old to contribute anymore so he went around and asked everybodies permission 3 times and everybody agreed. so he left to go die. well about 8 minutes into freezing to death he decided it was a bad idea and that he had made a mistake so he turned around and went back to the village he was from. when he returned he found that nobody there would recognise his presence at all. basically what was going on is that by going through with the ritual of asking everybody he had completed an age old ceremony of death to their culture. so basically everybody treated him as if he was dead. the elder in the village thought something had to be done about it so he decided to move the guy to a different village of the same tribe to start his life over again.

well word got around about what happened and that village responded the same way. again he was outcasted and considered dead. he hung himself a few days later.

i think that was about 10 years ago if i remember correctly.

so yep, there it is. thats what your story reminded me of.

Guest KING BLING

Suicide rates are generally higher than the national average in the western states and lower in the eastern and midwestern states (CDC 1997).

In 2002, 132,353 individuals were hospitalized following suicide attempts; 116,639 were treated in emergency departments and released (CDC 2004).

my other screenname that I hardly used on this site was Snow Walker. Snow Walker is exactly what you're talking about regarding the Inuit who goes out into the cold to die.

Read Farley Mowat's Snow Walker (a collection of short stories). A really depressing read, but excellent, nonetheless. There is a movie called Snow Walker, but it has nothing to do with this book. It's about something else, as it is based on another book of Mowat's.

If I'm not mistaken, Seattle WA is the suicide capitol of the US due to no sun and heroin and all. I have no sympathy for the suicidal, being able to tell you a life story that would make God cry. The 7 year old tho is fucked up. I need a tan...... :burn:

I had a friend who was suicidal and used me as an emotional crutch. Id come home to her sleeping and I stare at her until I could see she was breating she freaked me out so much. Fortunately I realized I couldnt be friends with her anymore, that shit is fuckin torturous, and like Lady Napua said she was being a complete selfish piece of shit. I wouldnt be surprised if it was all a scheme to keep me being friends with her.