1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Suburbian Bum reviews muisc...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by suburbian bum, Dec 26, 2002.

1. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Suburbian Bum reviews muisc...

Discussion started by suburbian bum - Dec 26, 2002

Suburbian Bum reviews muisc, vol. 1

OK these are only my opinions and you probably think exactly opposite. Which is a good thing.
    #1: Jhonny cash - 16 greatest hits.
    This is a very simple album. Almost all the songs have the same guitar and drums he just basically switches up the keys and the speed. Dont let that fool you though. This album rules. Jhonny Cash sings songs of the working class from many years ago. Its fun to sing along to. Its just fun. 5/5 stars.

#2 Fantomas - directors cut.
    Mike Patton in another side project. The album is all covers of old horror movie soundtrack songs. This album seems to be more of a classical/opera album than a metal album although it is neither. Patton uses his weird vocal styles with about every instrument possible. The songs are catchy and display emotion in a way no other artist does. Another great album. 5/5 stars.

#3 Boy sets fire - after the eulogy.
    Boy sets fire are often described as "emocore". The band is also communist. This album has a couple strong points; the guitar playing and the lead singers versitile voice. There are some very good songs, such as the second track. And the other track that i forgot its number. The only problem with this album is that they sing too much about political shit and communism and how we need to "revolt". Its fucking rediculous, i think this music is more annoying that people trying to convert you to their religion. And when this band gets "angry" they yell stupid lyrics such as "BRING IT ON". This not only sound like a dumb 13 year old redneck angry because he watched too much wwf but it also sounds immature. Some good points, a lot of bad points.
    P.S. I know a lot of you 12ozers like this band, so dont start yelling "BRING IT ON" I will only give you an ice cream cone.
    2/5 stars.

#4 Cake - Fasion Nugget.
    Its really too bad that this bands image was ruined by the fact that they are corporate and the fact that their radio songs have sucked. If these people wernt on a major label they would be the kings of indy rock. Everyone would love them a lot more than modest mouse. This album is pure genious. There is not a bad song. The music is rock music, with a trumpet, some funky beats and other weird instruments. All the songs are thought provoking and easy to sing along with and they are all catchy. Get it, its good.
    5/5 stars.

#5 - Will the Circle Be Unbroken, VOL. 1.
    Yes i know, most of you are thinking "Why is this kid reviewing a bluegrass album". Im reveiwing it because bluegrass kicks much ass and almost every kid today is being a puss thinking about how non conformist his punk and metal music is withought listening to music such as this because its "hick" and the stuff that "their parents listen to. Frankly bluegrass is pretty dope.

This cd has all of the bluegrass greats on it. Im not gonna list em here but its got most of them on this album. Its 2 cds long and has lots of songs. It contains banjos mandolins guitars and fiddles. Yes its classic blue grass telling tales of lonelyness, country life and life in the south. Its beautiful. Download or buy some today. There is one problem with this album, however. I find that there are a little too many instrumental tracks that get boring so it gets 1 star off.
    4/5 stars.

#6 Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance.
    Nile is a death metal band from south carolina that plays eygptian themed death metal. Their songs are mosly written in the harmonic minor scale, and there are 3 people doing vocals. They also incorporate middle eastern folk instruments into the mix. The drummer is fucking badass and fast as all hell. the guitars crush, and the vocals will tear your black heart of darkness out. as they say in the metal community. This album unlike many other bands creates many different sounding songs. This album is intersting in the fact that the low guitars and drums play so fucking fast that it seems so be creating as many waves per second as the singers voice is. If that makes any sence. Its dope it will make you wave your hands around. I once was so excited when listing to this i was playing air guitar really hard and then withought thinking i waved my arms in the air really fast and ended up punching a light fixture on accident causing my hand to be badly bruised for a week.
    Another bonus point to this album is the lyrics that are contained with it, most are written from egyptian and come from ancient egyptian texts. Each song has an explination to it also.
    5/5 stars

Coming next time
    Dillinger Escape plan - calculating infinity
    Anal cunt - it just gets worse
    modest mouse - its a long drive for someone with nothing to think about
    O' Brother where art thou soundtrack
    Avril lavigne - let go
    bill wymans blues oddesy
    and a classical album of my choice

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Dec 26, 2002

I don't listen to that stuff except for the J. Cash you mentioned......see ya.

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Dec 26, 2002

did anyone hear that Johnny Cash tributealbum where they changed the words of Folsom Prison Blues?

weak sauce

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Tesseract

Tesseract 12oz Loyalist

Tesseract - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Re: Suburbian Bum reviews muisc, vol. 1

Tesseract - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Ok, good try, but you're no BROWNer.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Re: Suburbian Bum reviews muisc, vol. 1

I felt like re-reviewing a couple just for my own amusement and to show my opinion, for whatever that fucking matters.

#2 Fantomas - directors cut.
    What the fuck? Grind, metal, avant-garde opera world crazy funny scariness. This cd makes me feel like eating my shit and laughing the whole time in a very over hyped manner. 5/5

#3 Boy sets fire - after the eulogy.
    I'm pretty much sick of this band. This cd has 2 good songs...first and the last...thats it. Everything else is forced emotion shit party, in my opinion....but then again...i've drifted away from this kind of music in the last few months. 2/5

#6 Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance.
    This cd destorys everyones family with a fucking axe. Nile's technicallity shines through the insanity of their fast metal and shoves a snake down your throut and then it comes out of your ass and dies, its pretty interesting. This band is very educated and very talented. Their live shows are great. I seen them 3 or 4 times and they killed everyone with a smile. Their melodies obliterate my arm and tell me to go eat a bag of shit with a pink hat on. I like that. 6/5

sorry if this is a demon land, i just like to toss my opionion in when i feel like it.

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Dec 26, 2002

you suck

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Wartend auf einen schmerzlosen Tod -
    Die Flammen der Hölle sind nichts
    Verglichen mit diesem Leben,
    Voll von wundenleckendem Licht,
    Umgeben von Grausamkeiten names Menschen -
    Keinen Tropfen Blut wert.
    Meine Seele entschwand dieser Welt
    Vor langer Zeit,
    Aber der immerwährende Haß band meinen Körper
    An diese Dimension.
    Ich wandere rastlos und leer,
    Auf der Suche nach Erlösung und Harmonie,
    Wissend, daß diese Suche sinnlos ist, endlos.
    Jemand hatte die Macht -
    Und raubte mir die letzte Hoffnung,
    Den Mut diesen Schmerz zu beenden, mein Leben.
    Mein Wunsch könnte erfüllt werden -
    Hinwegschwinden, sanft und sicher,
    Auf Winterflügeln in die letzte
    Und ewige Dunkelheit,
    In der Eiswinde durch mein Haar streifen

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  9. suburbian bum

suburbian bum - Replied Dec 26, 2002

I agree totally with your reveiws mr. makros.
    krylon - I love you too.

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum - Replied Dec 27, 2002

11. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Dec 27, 2002

I was digging this band Tragedy alot but it got confiscated like I'm sum kid yo. But anyways I'll have to peep this Nile cause I need a fix of some powerful shit to keep me fucking going dog. Shit ain't easy.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. suburbian bum

suburbian bum - Replied Dec 28, 2002

Pick up anal cunts - it just gets worse if you want some good music to let out your every agression. Its terribly funny but also really fun to scream along to and blast and tear walls down. Its lovely music. Full reveiw to come soon.

13. EveryWhere

EveryWhere 12oz Senior Member

EveryWhere - Replied Dec 28, 2002

I hope L.A. eats toliet paper to death

EveryWhere - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. JoeyLawrence

JoeyLawrence New Jack

JoeyLawrence - Replied Dec 28, 2002

recently ive been listening to rack lo.

JoeyLawrence - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 12oz Veteran Member

Tyler Durden - Replied Dec 28, 2002

Blood Red: Hostage- excellent. has a good mix of everything. i wont get too much into it other than saying GET IT.

Tyler Durden - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: