Suburban Writers??

Guest Dr. Doom

Guest Dr. Doom

Since people are always yapping about the big cities and who is from them and blah blah blah.................I was curious to see who puts in tons of work but lives in the burbs?!?!?!

Like when I read the Scar 1.0 interview and they were talking about how far he had to drive to get to fr8 spots........ that type of thing!

Writers who've got limited resources to get recognition yet still do have tons of stuff running............this probably applies to fr8 heads more than anything but I figured I'd get some good feedback!! :o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dr. Doom

Yeah............ A lot of suburban writers do fr8's but I was curious as to whether or not anyone knows any writers who live in the burbs and do a lot of city stuff??!?!?!!! Commuter writers..............

I know a guy who does a lot of travelling to do city stuff and I find it kind of entertaining how fucking far he drives..............to do city spots!!!

Anyone else??

Guest Ted Wakowski

I'll paint just about fucking anything, anywhere. The only real lines I care to draw are between public and truly private property (bombing people's garage doors and shit like that just doesn't appeal or make much sense to me).

Guest Dr. Doom

This is a retarded topic...............it's just that I think that the whole commuting thing is kind of funny!!

I'm not asking for any writers names............

Just examples of commuting writers I guess!!

Guest whoami

I guess if you want some city fame you would do it...I know the transit out here runs to some of the burbs...about a 45 minute ride though..

yeah well in my city there is no real ''inner city living'' besides those people who can afford to buy city apartments over looking the river with hard wood floors and art deco furniture. but the inner city gets hurt hard. some times people classify people because of where they live and those people are pricks to the fullest extent of the word, prick.

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by Aerosoleil

i live like 700 miles from a big city

thank god their's a freight yard across the river...

who the hell would do a garage door??

Me.

Guest tears*uno
Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

Advice to writers living in the suburbs: stop writing.

uhh how bout ...no

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Advice to writers living in the suburbs: stop writing.

why? tell me why you think suburban writers should stop. because you said so? because you think burb writers arnt cant be good enough?

dont be ignorant. just dont. you have no excuse to be ignorant. you have access to information. you can talk, and im assuming you can see and hear. so there is no reason why you should be so stupid. where you live has nothing to do with how good of a writer you are.

and just to show that im not angry at you for your moment of ignorance, i will add smiley faces to this post.:) :) :p :p ;) ;) :cool: :cool:

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

why? tell me why you think suburban writers should stop. because you said so? because you think burb writers arnt cant be good enough?

dont be ignorant. just dont. you have no excuse to be ignorant. you have access to information. you can talk, and im assuming you can see and hear. so there is no reason why you should be so stupid. where you live has nothing to do with how good of a writer you are.

and just to show that im not angry at you for your moment of ignorance, i will add smiley faces to this post.:) :) :P :P ;) ;) :cool: :cool:

I never said that writers living in the suburbs aren't good. I'm just telling you that you're wasting your time. Go hiking with your friends, leave the graffiti to those in the city.

I never said that writers living in the suburbs aren't good. I'm just telling you that you're wasting your time. Go hiking with your friends, leave the graffiti to those in the city.

I bet I know burb writers that kill more shit then you..so who are you to talk? How can you tell a person that they waste there time doing something because of where they live? Thats like saying if you dont live on the beach, dont waste your time swimming. Its this fucking ignorance I hate. "So if I catch any of you city kids out in my woods camping or hiking im going to shoot you...because you shouldnt be waisting your time out here"

I dont really live in the Burbs I just think your fucking stupid.

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

I bet I know burb writers that kill more shit then you..so who are you to talk? How can you tell a person that they waste there time doing something because of where they live? Thats like saying if you dont live on the beach, dont waste your time swimming. Its this fucking ignorance I hate. "So if I catch any of you city kids out in my woods camping or hiking im going to shoot you...because you shouldnt be waisting your time out here"

I dont really live in the Burbs I just think your fucking stupid.

I bet you DON'T know burb writers that kill more shit than me. I bet you don't know ANYONE that kills more shit than me you fucking nerd. I'm saying that they're wasting their time because what kind of rep are you catching in the suburbs? Nada.

You can do whatever the fuck you want. If you want to write where twelve people will see it, fine. I'm just letting you know that its stupid.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

gea that is some stupid shit your saying right there....just to start shit off...i am not a burb writer...i live in SF

to say that kids cant write on shit because they live in the suburbs is stupid....maybe kids dont do graffiti so that other drunken kids can see it...graffiti is a city thing i geuss....but that doesnt mean that kids from the burbs cant try it..like that one fucker said.....camping is a country thing...but does that mean kids from the city shuold go camping??

aright fucker......I AM FROM THE BURBS, and you know what? i bet more writers from round here know my shit then writers round there know your shit. its dope to get up in the city, but you obviously dont get up enough to talk shit because you have no fame. but all the writers around here would know my tag if they saw it. i bet noone would look twice at your shit except to maybe say "look, a new writer tryin to fit in..."

I bet you DON'T know burb writers that kill more shit than me. I bet you don't know ANYONE that kills more shit than me you fucking nerd. I'm saying that they're wasting their time because what kind of rep are you catching in the suburbs? Nada.

You can do whatever the fuck you want. If you want to write where twelve people will see it, fine. I'm just letting you know that its stupid.

Whoa back the fuck up son, who said because your a writer from the burbs you have to stick to the burbs? You said if you live in the burbs period your waisting your time. And im telling you your ignorant to think that a kid who writes from the burbs isnt out killing shit all over...of course some kid isnt gunna sit in the woods carving on trees...hes gunna be driving around on missions like Doom said killin shit...so go hug some kittens because i think that the beatings you have received for being stupid is causing blood to run to your head.

Guest deadlydnut

dont worry Geaus is another shoe stealing hardcore kid, which he will deny again and if he didnt steal those shoes, he was dumb enough to buy them good for you...

Guest 10000lakes

ive got not problem with suburban writers who stay where theyre at, even though theyre usually stupid as fuck, but it pisses me off when they come to the city to bomb. why the fuck can't you just bomb and rebel where youre at? if you gotta go in to the city to bomb, that just shows that youre fake and that youre not being true to who you are. you are from the city, so don't try to be.

furthermore, i think graff belongs in urban environments, not the suburbs, freights being an exception.

an example of this is a crew called fst in minnesota. theyre based out of a suburb called roseville, but they bomb in minneapolis and st. paul.

Originally posted by 10000lakes

ive got not problem with suburban writers who stay where theyre at, even though theyre usually stupid as fuck, but it pisses me off when they come to the city to bomb. why the fuck can't you just bomb and rebel where youre at? if you gotta go in to the city to bomb, that just shows that youre fake and that youre not being true to who you are. you are from the city, so don't try to be.

furthermore, i think graff belongs in urban environments, not the suburbs, freights being an exception.

an example of this is a crew called fst in minnesota. theyre based out of a suburb called roseville, but they bomb in minneapolis and st. paul.

Ok once again....are you mad because maybe they can burn you and they take all your spots...is this jealousy im senseing? Because thats a pretty weak statement....this thread isnt even about why writers who live where they do, shouldnt write...Its about do you see burb cats getting out and representing even because of where they do live...bottom line if you can put shit up that is good. then who gives a shit where you live, or where you put it up...you act like shit should be reserved for people because of where they live....well the city is ummmm reserved for people who are true to graff and live in the inner city..so ummm you burb kids keep your umm stuff where it belongs....graffiti racism? or em i jumping to far out on this limb...anyway im just going to leave you with this...your statements are ignorant and stupid...go rethink your life now please...

Guest --zeSto--

well this is always a Hot topic...

so here's my sumary of some the main points/questions from

the 10+ times I've seen this argument.

~Where did you first see graffitit? Was it on the walls of your city, or in a magazine or music video?

~Have there been many generations of writers, or are you the first?

~Does writing make you unique? and do you get fame no matter what the skill level?

~Note the difference in high density vs. low density housing.

~Many writers have to travel to another area to get recognition. (wall of fame etc.)

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

bottom line if you can put shit up that is good. then who gives a shit where you live, or where you put it up...

I can think of a few writers from small cities outside London that come to London to paint. It is a good thing, as they bring a different style and a bit of competition to the scene. Also it shows real dedication to travel 100 + miles to paint.

Archived