Stupid Fucking Opening Acts

Guest Ted Wakowski

Guest Ted Wakowski

Last night I went to a Hip-Hop show. The group I wanted to see was headlining and I left around 10:30, a couple of hours after doors opened. The goal was to show up, check what opening acts were still on, and be just in time for the main event.

This plan was WAY off.

There must have been every fucking aspiring MC and 3 of their closest friends going on stage in alphabetical order. They played for like 20 - 30 minutes each. Who the fuck wants to go to a show and be bombarded by half-assed opening groups until your legs go numb from standing and your lungs cave in from inhalation of smoke? I fucking HATE these endless barages of WACK openers.

What's worse is that I kept leaving the club during the "openathon" and getting cheap drinks next door to pass the time until I actually MISSED the group I wanted to see.

Essentially, I paid ten bucks to view 3 hours of cookie-cutter Hip-Hop wannabes twirl their shirts around and yelp about getting cheddar. They're unsigned, maltalented, completely uninteresting open-up crowd-warmers for an UNDERGROUND group, what the fuck kind of "cheddar" do these assholes think they're getting!? I'm guessing the 99-cent sliced variety from their local Piggly Wiggly.

FUCK SHITTY OPENING ACTS.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by Grandola

first. oh, and by the way - i hear ya. i've always had this problem with punk shows. they put on some mother fucking idiots up there that still think dressing "punk" makes you down... idiots.

Yeah, punk-show openers are harsh. It gets really bad when you don't have a clue about the lyrics, sound distortion becomes unbearable and the crowd is 8-million deep in a 3' by 5' hole-in-the-wall closet-club.

I went to a Helmet show once where the opening act had bottles thrown at them and the crowd started a "slim-fast" chant aimed at the overweight lead singer. That group fucking SUCKED.

Archived