STUPID FUCKING IPOD

THANKYOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its the new video ipod shit... 30gb... my lil bros...

i tried to install the software, got that done... started configuring my library, went to hook up the ipod, it doesnt recognize it... and somewhere in the midst of all that, i happened to glance at it, and tried to scroll up and down or hit menu to get back to the homepage, and it wont work...

is it suppost to be in "hold" position when reseting it? or not?

it says to toggle between hold and none hold on the site... and then hit it to hold, then do the play and menu button hold down bullshit, but i still dont think its working...

it doesn't need to be on hold when resting, its only an option if you dont want to accidently press buttons while its in your pocket. You will know if it works, it will reboot and go through the apple logo screen. If you cant get it to work I'll look at some more sites and try to figure it out.

ok fellas... looking at the instructions helps very much and makes problem solving a cinch!

(at the time i was at my house doing this, the instructions were back at my folks house...)

so any of you new ipod holders with the video ipods... here's what you do when it freezs...:

switch the hold button on!

hold down the MENU button and the CENTER button on the new ipod (as oppossed to the menu and play buttons on the previous versions)

until apple screen appears...

once thats cool, everything else was down hill from there...

thanks for those who tried and were close, much appreciated.

SOMETHING SIMILIAR HAPPENED TO MY IPOD. I HAVE WINDOWS 98 SO I FORMATTED IT ON SOMEONE ELSE'S COMPUTER THEN GOT A DRIVER THAT WOULD WORK WITH THE IPOD AND USE WINAMP TO PUT SONGS ON. ALL OF THE SUDDEN WINAMP DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT AND MY IPOD SAYS IT HAS NO SONGS, BUT IT SAYS IT HAS LIKE 3 GIGS OF SPACE USED UP, WHICH IS THE SONGS I HAD ON THERE. ITS LIKE IT GOT UNFORMATTED OR SOMETHING. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Guest diggity

i had something simular happen with mine. try plugging it into the adaptor for the wall that came with it. then you have to hold down either the middle button or the play button for a few seconds. there should be something on the apple site about how to do it exactly.

WEAK NIGGUH, my ipod has done the same thing about 10 times. The only thing that can be done is to download the lastest ipod updater i think the program is called. When you open the program, it gives you the option to update the software, or to reset the ipod to factory settings. It must be reset, which clears everything, and then requires you to plug it into the charger, I dont know why. I also used winamp, because I find Itunes to be very slow, but I hate losing all of my music. I hope it helps.