Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

STUPID FUCKING IPOD

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by THANKYOU, Dec 3, 2005.

1. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

im trying to load the songs from my itunes library on to my ipod and the ipod isnt recognizing it on my computer...

what the fuck... and now the ipod froze up and its stuck, wont let me turn it on or off or move on the scroll feature...

whats going on? please help me

2. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

holding down play and menu at the same time should restart it, or at least it does on the older generation ones. Maybe you need to reformat your ipod?

3. D0WN

D0WN Member

same shit happened to me 2 days ago.. my ipod wouldnt even start up properly in the end.. i went to the apple store and got a replacement for $29.95. thinking about selling it on ebay

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you try taking it off 'hold'?

5. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

yea i looked on the problems on the apple site...

its not on hold, the menu and play hold down thing isnt working... this shit is hella pissing me off...

stupid fucking electronics...

6. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

you wouldn't happen to be using windows 98 would you?

7. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

8. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

give apple support a call or stop into one of their stores. they were really helpful when i had a problem with my computer, so thats probably your best bet.

9. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

u gotta reset it, i know on 4th gen its the play + menu button for 5 seconds. Resetting it will unfreeze it, then its up to the gods if your pc with recognize it or not.

10. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

its the new video ipod shit... 30gb... my lil bros...

i tried to install the software, got that done... started configuring my library, went to hook up the ipod, it doesnt recognize it... and somewhere in the midst of all that, i happened to glance at it, and tried to scroll up and down or hit menu to get back to the homepage, and it wont work...

is it suppost to be in "hold" position when reseting it? or not?

it says to toggle between hold and none hold on the site... and then hit it to hold, then do the play and menu button hold down bullshit, but i still dont think its working...

11. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

it doesn't need to be on hold when resting, its only an option if you dont want to accidently press buttons while its in your pocket. You will know if it works, it will reboot and go through the apple logo screen. If you cant get it to work I'll look at some more sites and try to figure it out.

12. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

Its either that, or let chuck norris handle it.

13. kido

kido Senior Member

try updating the software at apples website.

14. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

I would call apple and complain till you get something free out of it. Like milton did with the cell phone.

15. Gunm

Gunm Banned

:haha: