1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Stupid Computer

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SayOne, Apr 17, 2002.

1. SayOne

SayOne Guest

Stupid Computer

Discussion started by SayOne - Apr 17, 2002

Well my boi got Max Payne for Ps2 so i said damn i should cop this shit for my computer, so i went on Kazaa ( i know they fuck you over most of hte time) and got it checked it no virus's, im like cool.. so i install it and shit is lookin all good but when i try to play it goes to the loading screen and goes right back to the desktop with this http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/SayOne/maxipad.jpg'> ANY Help is appreciated!!
    you can close this as soon as i get at least a clue of what the fuck this means

2. bug

bug Guest

bug - Replied Apr 17, 2002

[​IMG]

3. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Apr 17, 2002

seems like a game file is corrupted, try reinstalling...youre outta luck if it doesnt work again i think...on a side note, be aware that max payne does require an accelerator with at least 16 mb of memory....i recommend an accelerator with 32mb, but you can go a bit more and just get one with 64mb, like me....anything less than 16 and you will have no lights on at all in any rooms in the game....youll just see enemies walking around on a black background....i had the version off kazaa and mine workedd flawlessly...i have already beat the game, its somewhat challenging in the later levels....i plan to purchase the game one day....that and GTA 3 when it hits the computer....

--one last thing...does this happen before the initial loader, or after it...in other words, do you first get a screen that asks you for your graphics settings and then get the error when you click on start game, or does it happen initially at the start of the program in general (when you double click the icon)...if it happens after the loader, then i would say its possibly a hardware thing, youre computer might not have enough 'umph' to run it....if it happens initially id say its a corrupted file...either way it could just be a corrupted file actually....try to find a crack for it too if it requires one....my copy came cracked....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Apr 17, 2002

viruses over kazaa are harmless and can be easily deleted by your security software . the problem with it is the games are largely incomplete , so its kind of hit and miss .

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Apr 17, 2002

i have a love hate relationship with beatrice here.

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Apr 17, 2002

http://www.netgoth.org.uk/people/8993.jpg'>
    "i do things"

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Apr 17, 2002

i have no clue but i'm guessing one of the files that is mentioned in the pop up somehow changed names. someone added a space and the game software cant recognize the space. try renaming it. make sure you keep the original name handy just in case you need to change it back.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. SayOne

SayOne Guest

SayOne - Replied Apr 17, 2002

thanks ppl, sector i get that after tha graffic settings screen.

nevermind i fixed it ..close this

9. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller 12oz Elite Member

Ferris Bueller - Replied Apr 17, 2002

that's the exact reason why i don't fuck around with ISO's and pirated games, you just can't trust that shit. like aserine said that shit is hit or miss. you're almost better off buying it, or you can try again, your choice.

Ferris Bueller - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: