Stuck in an Elevator for 3 Days

fermentor666

This totally sucks:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7392534/?GT1=6428

N.Y. deliveryman stuck in elevator for 3 days

Chinese immigrant hospitalized for dehydrationThe Associated Press

Updated: 5:53 p.m. ET April 5, 2005NEW YORK - Ming Kuang Chen was written off after vanishing Friday night while making a delivery for Happy Dragon restaurant at a high-rise apartment building.

As police conducted a massive search and days passed, speculation grew that the 35-year-old Chen was the victim of armed bandits or some other urban horror in the Bronx borough.

But more than three days later, the deliveryman emerged with a mean thirst and a tale of survival: He had been stuck by himself in an elevator the whole time, without food or water. He was pulled out at about 5 a.m. Tuesday — 80 hours later — by firefighters responding to a security officer’s call for help from the high-rise.

“Thanks for everyone caring about me,” Chen said afterward in an interview with ETTV, a Taiwan-based news network. “I’m fine now.”

Chen — an undocumented immigrant from the Fujian Province in southeastern China who speaks mostly Mandarin — apparently tried to tell rescuers how long he had been trapped by circling his watch dial with his finger numerous times, said Charlie Markey, a Fire Department spokesman.

Meal was delivered.

The deliveryman was given water at the scene before being treated for minor dehydration. “He was in very good condition,” said Montefiore Medical Center spokesman Steve Osborne. He had no food with him in the elevator, having delivered his last meal.

On Tuesday, authorities — who conducted a door-to-door canvass of the apartment complex over the weekend looking for Chen — were questioning why police officers and the building’s private security force found no sign of Chen, who claimed he had repeatedly cried out and pushed an alarm button in the elevator.

“I tried to knock (down) the door and kept screaming for help, but no response,” Chen said in the television interview. “During the time I was stuck in the elevator, I just kept sleeping because I don’t know what else to do.”

Chen was last seen about 8:30 p.m. Friday after making three deliveries at the same apartment complex in the Bedford Park neighborhood. He later told police through a translator that he had entered an elevator on the 32nd floor of a 38-story building when it plunged down and became stuck between the third and fourth floors.

An investigation on Tuesday determined that the security camera and alarm system in the elevator were working. But security officers told police they didn’t hear or see Chen until security workers responded to his calls early Tuesday. Chen said his pleas using the intercom were answered, but that the language barrier was too great.

Even maintenance workers who were called to check out the disabled elevator on Monday missed Chen, police said.

Those questions aside, Mayor Michael Bloomberg marveled at Chen’s good luck.

“If they were there and they searched and they didn’t find him, thank God it turned out that he’s OK,” the mayor said. “I think we should all be thankful that the man’s alive.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

----------------

First, the maintenance guys and the people answering the intercom were lazy cocksuckers. I can't believe they didn't think to actually CHECK THE ELEVATOR.

Second, if I was that guy, sleep would be a big thing, I also thing that I would masturbate a couple of times, particularly after the 1st full day of being stuck in an elevator. Then I would start to consider drinking my own piss. Yeah, there's not much else you could do, I guess. Maybe start singing "Love in an Elevator" by Aerosmith.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its building code in all 50 states that any elevator must have an escape hatch...so thats what i would have done.if i had to stay i would drink my own piss(i posted in usless info thread before) you can drink 3 times over before it becomes toxic. i also would poop in the heat bag if i had one...if not, in my shoes.

i would smoke cigarettes in hopes it would set off the fire alarm.

i would kill time by masturbating, a lot.

i would carve random pictures in to the wall with my keys.

more masturbation (perfect cure for boardom)

sleep.

yeah.

IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW. TRACEY TOWERS IS ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY OLD HIGHSCHOOL. DW CLINTON HIGH. TRACEY TOWERS IS STRAIGHT UP PROJECTS, NIGGAS TRY TO FRONT LIKE ITS A LEGIT BUILDING, BUT THAT SHIT IS DEFINETLY LOW INCOME HOUSING PROJECT SHIT. AND THE VATORS IN THAT BITCH SMELL LIKE PISS & SHIT 24/7...I FEEL BAD THAT THAT NIGGA HAD TO SIT DOWN IN THAT MOTHERFUCKER...BUT HEY, AT LEAST HE WAS ON THE NEWS. IF HE WAS SMART HE'D SUE. BUT THAT NIGGA PROBABLY SIGNED MAD PAPERS SAYING "SWEAR YOU WONT SUE US CHINK NIGGA" CUZ HE'S A CHINO DELIVERY NIGGA WHO PROLLY ONLY KNOWS HOW TO SAY "AHHHH...TWELL SEVENTY FIE". ITS A SHAME. BUT YOU KNOW HE AINT MAD...HE'D RATHER BE STUCK IN A PROJECT ELEVATOR THAN GETTING A VASECTOMY AND EATING RICE FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND (I WOULD SAY DINNER BUT THE NIGGA PROLLY AINT EVEN GET TO EAT DINNER) ONE TIME I GOT STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR AT MY OLD JOB FOR AN HOUR AND PRETENDED TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK SO I COULD GO HOME EARLY. I ALSO GOT O.T BUT LOOKING BACK I COULD HAVE DEFINETLY SUED THOSE NIGGAS AND CAKED UP. DAMN.

M E R O E

FUCK OUTTA

HEEEEEEEAAA