1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Stuck in an Elevator for 3 Days

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fermentor666, Apr 10, 2005.

1. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

Stuck in an Elevator for 3 Days

Discussion started by fermentor666 - Apr 10, 2005

This totally sucks:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7392534/?GT1=6428

N.Y. deliveryman stuck in elevator for 3 days
    Chinese immigrant hospitalized for dehydrationThe Associated Press
    Updated: 5:53 p.m. ET April 5, 2005NEW YORK - Ming Kuang Chen was written off after vanishing Friday night while making a delivery for Happy Dragon restaurant at a high-rise apartment building.

As police conducted a massive search and days passed, speculation grew that the 35-year-old Chen was the victim of armed bandits or some other urban horror in the Bronx borough.

But more than three days later, the deliveryman emerged with a mean thirst and a tale of survival: He had been stuck by himself in an elevator the whole time, without food or water. He was pulled out at about 5 a.m. Tuesday — 80 hours later — by firefighters responding to a security officer’s call for help from the high-rise.

“Thanks for everyone caring about me,” Chen said afterward in an interview with ETTV, a Taiwan-based news network. “I’m fine now.”

Chen — an undocumented immigrant from the Fujian Province in southeastern China who speaks mostly Mandarin — apparently tried to tell rescuers how long he had been trapped by circling his watch dial with his finger numerous times, said Charlie Markey, a Fire Department spokesman.

Meal was delivered.

The deliveryman was given water at the scene before being treated for minor dehydration. “He was in very good condition,” said Montefiore Medical Center spokesman Steve Osborne. He had no food with him in the elevator, having delivered his last meal.

On Tuesday, authorities — who conducted a door-to-door canvass of the apartment complex over the weekend looking for Chen — were questioning why police officers and the building’s private security force found no sign of Chen, who claimed he had repeatedly cried out and pushed an alarm button in the elevator.

“I tried to knock (down) the door and kept screaming for help, but no response,” Chen said in the television interview. “During the time I was stuck in the elevator, I just kept sleeping because I don’t know what else to do.”

Chen was last seen about 8:30 p.m. Friday after making three deliveries at the same apartment complex in the Bedford Park neighborhood. He later told police through a translator that he had entered an elevator on the 32nd floor of a 38-story building when it plunged down and became stuck between the third and fourth floors.

An investigation on Tuesday determined that the security camera and alarm system in the elevator were working. But security officers told police they didn’t hear or see Chen until security workers responded to his calls early Tuesday. Chen said his pleas using the intercom were answered, but that the language barrier was too great.

Even maintenance workers who were called to check out the disabled elevator on Monday missed Chen, police said.

Those questions aside, Mayor Michael Bloomberg marveled at Chen’s good luck.

“If they were there and they searched and they didn’t find him, thank God it turned out that he’s OK,” the mayor said. “I think we should all be thankful that the man’s alive.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

----------------

First, the maintenance guys and the people answering the intercom were lazy cocksuckers. I can't believe they didn't think to actually CHECK THE ELEVATOR.

Second, if I was that guy, sleep would be a big thing, I also thing that I would masturbate a couple of times, particularly after the 1st full day of being stuck in an elevator. Then I would start to consider drinking my own piss. Yeah, there's not much else you could do, I guess. Maybe start singing "Love in an Elevator" by Aerosmith.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. caffeine

caffeine 12oz Member

caffeine - Replied Apr 10, 2005

Dance n' graff.

caffeine - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. sarcasm

sarcasm 12oz Elite Member

sarcasm - Replied Apr 10, 2005

dude, that fucking sucks. after about 4 hours if nobody came, i would start freaking out. i'd probably try to pull some mission impossible shit and climb uptop of the elevator and shimmy my way down.

sarcasm - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied Apr 10, 2005

he owed someone money..ran off for two days and came back with a super retarded plan soo he would be on th news...
    Or im completely wrong and just being a goof.Sucks for him,i would had made as much noise possible..

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK 12oz Elite Member

TURBOCAPSLOK - Replied Apr 10, 2005

I WONDER WHERE HE DID HIS POO AND WEE

TURBOCAPSLOK - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. azert

azert 12oz Senior Member

azert - Replied Apr 10, 2005

^^He wouldn't of had very much with nothing to eat and drink. But seriously, the language barrier was too great to say "I'm stuck" Why the hell is he in America?

azert - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. WhiteOx

WhiteOx 12oz Elite Member

WhiteOx - Replied Apr 10, 2005

I assume somewhere in the elvevator no?

WhiteOx - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. Carnage159

Carnage159 New Jack

Carnage159 - Replied Apr 10, 2005

stuck in an elevator? i'd sleep

Carnage159 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. mullet

mullet Banned

mullet - Replied Apr 10, 2005

:haha: :haha:
    But seriously
    if he was carrying a one of those heat-bags they deliver food in......I would straight out do it in there..

mullet - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  10. RoboThruster

RoboThruster 12oz Member

RoboThruster - Replied Apr 10, 2005

Funnily enough, this was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this threads tittle.

RoboThruster - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. PUMPKIN ESCOBAR

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR 12oz Senior Member

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR - Replied Apr 10, 2005

I got stuck in an elevator for a half hour with 18 people and I thought that sucked. I'd probably freak out after a few hours..and scream really loudly and kick the walls.

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied Apr 10, 2005

its building code in all 50 states that any elevator must have an escape hatch...so thats what i would have done.if i had to stay i would drink my own piss(i posted in usless info thread before) you can drink 3 times over before it becomes toxic. i also would poop in the heat bag if i had one...if not, in my shoes.
    i would smoke cigarettes in hopes it would set off the fire alarm.
    i would kill time by masturbating, a lot.
    i would carve random pictures in to the wall with my keys.
    more masturbation (perfect cure for boardom)
    sleep.
    yeah.

8onus - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  13. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder 12oz Member

bobthebuilder - Replied Apr 10, 2005

Id have a tough time, im semi-claustrophobic

bobthebuilder - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fatalist - Replied Apr 10, 2005

:lol: :lol: :lol: