Street Teams, Promotions, Resume' Padding, etc.

casekonly

as some who have read my other threads about jobs, working, etc. i'm constantly thinking of ways to either pad my resume' or get myself into a postion in the workforce where i can reap advantages.

i'm currently working on my own doing graphic design and making webpages for small businesses. it's getting kind of old but i've made alot of friend s and contacts along the way. one of them is my ex-uncle (aunts ex husband, my first uncle. she re-married) anyway, he's the v.p. of anderson publishing. it's a big company. i recently had the opportunity to speak to him about graphic design and i'm thinking he might be of some help to me as far as "the biz" goes.

anyhow, i just applied for a postion on the def jux street team, trying to find out how to get an application for big dada recordings (bigg jus' label in atlanta, also a subsidiary of ninja tunes), and trying to think of more companies that would be worth working for as far as street teams/promotions go.

you see, i figure street promotions for major labels/companies are a 2 way street. promoting them and myself at the same time, networking/contacts, etc. alot of advantages for a writer, too.

just thought i'd ask around at the old 12oz bank of information about getting involved with street teams, etc. and see if you guys/ladies can help a bruvva out a little with experiences working for street teams, info on what i should tell these companies to get hired, etc.

hopefully it will open some doors for all interested.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TheoHuxtab|e

http://brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/media/5/idea.jpg'>

On the real, I once worked for a street team back in '98. So good luck.

cool, cool. how did you get hooked up with the postion? experiences? was it worth it? music label or some other type of business?

too many questions, i think i should wait on more replies to see if they get answered.

Originally posted by casekonly

cool, cool. how did you get hooked up with the postion? experiences? was it worth it? music label or some other type of business?

too many questions, i think i should wait on more replies to see if they get answered.

See I was never as hardcore about it as you are, I only did it over the summer for a few weeks for a small amount of money and got hooked up through a friend who had been doing it for a few years. I just wanted something to do plus I enjoyed putting shit up -- the rush wasn't nearly as equivalent to doing graff but it was still enjoyable. And getting paid to do it just added to the benefit. We were promoting that wack Snoop Dogg album "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told" on No Limit Records around Los Angeles. As far as it being "worth it"...? As far as what I was looking for, yeah it was because I was only looking for something temporary to occupy my time. I had low-expections. But I see you're looking for bigger things, so it depends on what you do there.

I wish I could offer more info, but all I could say was "good luck" due to my lack of experience in that area.

i hear ya.

i'm not really after big money or whatever. just looking to get some more junk on my resume'.

often times, a well known companies name on a resume' will add to the chances of getting the job. that's really what i'm looking for. just some padding and some fun.

i'm really a pretty shy guy that's trying to work through it and get a little more self confidence. street promotions will add to that, as well.

free music, stickers, etc...all gravy on top of the "real" benefits.

i've seen quannum asking for street team peeps: jsut e-mail companies and ask.

depends on your area and their schedules:

here's something from their board:

"Street Teams"

Any way to get involved in a Blackalicious or Quannum street team?

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Chief Xcel

Member since Jun-12-02

2 posts Jul-30-02, 08:51 AM (PST)

1. "RE: Street Teams"

In response to message #0

For Blackalicious send your information to Management@Blackalicious.com for Quannum send info to Isaac@Quannum.com.

lydia

Member since Jun-20-03

3 posts Jun-21-03, 03:37 AM (PST)

3. "RE: Street Teams"

In response to message #0

We are always looking for help email me at lydia@quannum.com

with your full name and address and I will put you on my street team with folks in your area.

In the mean time see the post above by me.

Also when we launch the new Quannum website there will be a section where you can sign up online to be a part of the street team as well.

thanks for your interest and support of Quannum Projects!

We really appreciate it.

your girl at quannum bringing

you the latest from the greatest