street racing

justaname

ok so i was watching reno911 and the stupid commercial stop the flow. i ended up flipping the channels and end up on this

CMT MOST SHOCKING

i don't know how this end up in the country music television

still trying to figure out, maybe someone in here can share the knowledge... and this, i found in the website

Glossary of Terms

Burn out -- spinning the rear tires while car remains stationary, creating heat and smoke. Used to heat up tires before a run, and to create a spectacle.

Canyon racing -- racing illegally through mountain passes. Based on speed and ability to pass cars ahead of you.

Cylinders -- large round holes in the engine block in which combustion occurs. This combustion forces the piston down and turns the crankshaft.

Donuts -- spinning the car in continuous circles, usually leaving black circles on the road.

Drifting -- new form of motor sport, where cars slide sideways, kicking the rear out, through road courses. Not judged on speed, but on artistry.

Drag racing -- timed race between two cars, usually on a quarter mile track.

Horsepower -- a measurement of mechanical or engine power.

Import -- refers mainly to Japanese cars, but also any other cars not made in the USA.

Modifications -- additional parts to cars to jack up horsepower.

Nitrous/nos -- nitrous oxide, a gaseous chemical injected into engines to increase speed and horsepower.

Ricers/rice burners -- slang term for Asian-manufactured vehicles and people who drive them.

Road racing -- timed race around a curved track, such as NASCAR.

Supercharger -- crank-driven air/fuel compressor, which increases horsepower.

SX -- Nissan 240-SX, most common car used in drifting.

Tuning -- the act of modifying cars to increase horsepower.

Turbocharger -- similar to supercharger, but powered by exhaust gases, to increase horsepower.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by dosoner

im always in amazment at the wicked placement of diffrent types of spoilers on hondas with the sick type r stickers.

i hate those fucking spoilers. im living next to a fucking village of asian street racers, those fucking shit waking me up all the time. that shit makes loud noise and the car is only going 20 mph wtf :hatred:

Originally posted by Nekro

Drifting is crazy. So is this van:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/max2k/R.jpg'>

And this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/max2k/PurpleJapaneseVan.jpg'>

Yeeah.

oh shit these vans are dope, wtf are they and how much they go for?? i gotta get me one to go along with my matching super hero costume.

SURE, ITS FINE TO HAVE A NICE CAR. BUT WHEN YOU START TRYING TO MAKE IT GO REALLY REALLY FAST, EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT TO FULL SPEED MOST OF THE TIME, THATS WHEN IT GETS A BIT IFFY.

AND I CANT TELL IF YOU WERE BEING SARCASTIC OR NOT THEO.. BUT YEAH..

Originally posted by moosepoopmat

thats no sole grind...thats a makio rocket....shits old school....taking it back to 96....rocking the pawn wrist gaurds

well at least i dont really know my roller blading. for a second there i though i had gone queer.

Archived