street art project

signs

i want to do a public art project that involves installing 12 x 16 plywood signs(standard parking sign size) onto existing metal poles, using security bolts and locknuts. i live in philly, so i would be installing all of the signs here, though i would like folks all over the country to contribute. if you are interested, or want more info, the e-mail is phillysigns@hotmail.com. i mainly do sticker work and stencils, though i have done free-hand can work, though i won't be posting any of my work, as i'm trying to do this annonymously. i'm not sure where the best place to post this is, so please let me know, or just forward this to the right forum. i would provide the boards, and would pay for shipping to you, you just do what you will with them and send'em back. hit me back...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's been done already, I remember an article maybe 3-4 years back. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you thought you were embarking into some uncharted territory. I think a better idea would be to paint road kill and stick them in air conditioning vents of big tobacco companies.

• 2 weeks later...

What makes you happy about that? Its nothing more than some stencils, arranged very uninterestingly in the upper left hand corner of a bland background. There is also a "big" word underneath the face stencils, subversive, which I guess was supposed to make your piece sound "deep" or something along those lines.

If I were you I would attack that board with a jig-saw, belt sander, and possibly torch. And work off the marks created by those tools. Because your piece just seems very boring