streaks on panels: writers, hobos, and the rest

Southern kid

the debate...do you go over them or politly avoid them?

i say go over writers because if you streak in the middle of my panel and its the only "open" box i'm going to blaze you, sorry. (with the exeption of a respectable writer deemed so by your opinion.) and if it's a true hobo streak...avoid.

i started this thread for the new jacks on here who are diggin for info...thought this might be a good topic and i've never noticed it on here before.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

when i first started doing monikers i would do them on various parts of the box, now i keep it to the ladders, and if those are full to the top directly next to the ladder. if you want them preserved for years to come, keep em on the ladder. thats like the designated place to look for monikers anyway, so why not?

ill keep my opinion to myself on this one. but i will say this. most (please observe the term MOST) of the monikers we see today are done by workers, workers that hate aerosol graffiti, and graffiti writers in general for that matter. just something to think about before you go jumping infront of any bullets for them.

Guest oldfaithful
Originally posted by schick1

i agree, go over writers....but leave hobo's alone, like you could still paint the panel but paint around the streak as you would with the numbers.

writers should know better than to put up a steak on an open panel and unless its someone who is no longer with us, i dont even see a point in giving it a second thought, its another tag, something that can be reproduced 100 times over with almost zero effort....what i would consider to be "real" monikers, have been around long before us (writers) and if anyone deserves respect its them....cor, the rambler, herby, bozo texino, etc all have just as much of a right to run on a car as one of your peices and honestly 50% of the time id rather catch a moniker from the early 80s than some generic peice of trash that rolls through my yard daily....

do everyone a favor and let them roll.....

Guest me IS cool

I also agree that you should go over them if they are in the open panels. I stay away from the ladder almost 99.9% of the time. I go over any and all streaks that are in my way. But keep in mind I'm not some heartless toy who will bust over anything I do leave really old streaks alone. But what really is odd is when you have this piece running from ladder to door and in the center there is a bubble and when you get closer it's a streak. I say if it's really old and deserves respect paint another train. There are plenty of trains and no need for those stupid looking bubbles. :rolleyes:

If something's right in the middle of the panel..sorry..it's gone regardless of who did it.. Unless it's someone six feet under. I'll leave those alone. If it's off to the side or by the ladder I try not to go over it. It just depends on what I'm doing. If i'm doing an e2e and there's a streak in the way..poooosh, bye bye. Because I know you'd do the same to mine.

As far as hobo streaks..if it's one that I like I'll let it ride it not well..you know.

I have basically th same idea all around. If I see something I think is wack and I need a panel..wooosh right over it. Yeah.

There is no honor among thieves.

Good topic.

Guest fr8lover

speaking of passed on writers, its through a reliable source that EL TRUNCON has passed away.

if you see one getting faded, rebuild it and if its in the middle of the panel (ive seen his stuff there) leave it be.

I try to save all hobo streaks. I'll piece elsewhere or leave a hole like I do for the numbers. I don't mind the holes. Sometimes it's a challenge to paint the holes first and then freestyle a piece around them.

Writer streaks get blazed. I expect writers to know enough to stick to the ladders or up high. A small handful of writers, all the dead ones and a few living ones, get a pass from me out of extra respect. There's also some crossover writer stuff (Other, Labrona, Broke, Theory and other detailed sketchers) who I like to see running so I'll dodge those.

Guest oldfaithful

its good to see egos chillin in the forum,we have all got to chill , this thing we do called graff ,sets us apart from the rest of the world,no need to set ourselves apart from each other.the rest of the world cant understand why you would want to write your name on someone elses piece of property,i know that if you've been in the game long enough someone has tried to make you justify what you do even though they dont want to hear the reason,or they just dont try to hear it cause they are just set against the idea.graffitti is a community,no need to ruin it like we "ruin" the communities we live in.get out ,get up but do it with class and no motherfucker can take that away.yeah i leave dead guys and hobo streaks alone.respect,gets you farther than you would expect.

I think it's pretty decent of you guys to respect the tramp's streaks like that. There are some tramps that deliberately streak only on the ends of the car, and deliberately avoid the panels, too. I almost never see a tramp streak over a piece of graffitti, but I do see a lot of what I consider to be "crap gangbanger tags" written right over some righteous graff. People with no respect for anything or anybody could not care less who they diss. Ignorance personified.

posted by oldfaithful

its good to see egos chillin in the forum,we have all got to chill , this thing we do called graff ,sets us apart from the rest of the world,no need to set ourselves apart from each other.the rest of the world cant understand why you would want to write your name on someone elses piece of property,i know that if you've been in the game long enough someone has tried to make you justify what you do even though they dont want to hear the reason,or they just dont try to hear it cause they are just set against the idea.graffitti is a community,no need to ruin it like we "ruin" the communities we live in.get out ,get up but do it with class and no motherfucker can take that away.yeah i leave dead guys and hobo streaks alone.respect,gets you farther than you would expect.

not sure this applies but it's funny so ya'll read it.

this one time i was at a wall and this lady came up to me while she was digging in a nearby dumpster and she said... "dont you have anything better to do than paint on walls?" and i looked at her sternly and simply said. "but dont you have anything better to do than dig in a dumpster?" it was great.

I seem to be following the same guidelines as most others on here. old stuff stays, detailed stuff stays. If I run into a quick TSA from 01 in the middle of a good pannel it gets covered, but if I catch a TSA from 91 with "the kid" or somthing older like that, I'll leave a hole or pick another pannel.

Archived