Stranger Things on Netflix

Pistol

so it came out about a month or so ago. My girls co worker suggested it. And described it as goonies/ET/X files. So we netflixed it one weekend. I loved it. It was a good way to describe it. It reminded me of those 80's movies with adventurous kids that I used to watch. It's got Wynona Rider and Matthew Modine. The little girl that plays Elle is awesome. Highly recommend giving it a go.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SPOILER ALERT

Not really a spoiler I guess, not giving details. But I don't want this thread to ruin anyone's experience.

What do you guys think of the final scene?

Definitely a cliffhanger for another season.

Great show, fucking loved it. Recommended it to anyone who would listen.....

i liked it but they screwed up the dialogue just a little

no one said douchebag back then

but still, a good show with a great soundtrack

as for the finale, it was pretty typically 'hollywood gonna leave this beyotch open and see if the people want more'

pretty obvious where they were going with that

but netflix has produced some excellent tv. i ain't mad at em.

currently enjoying season 2 of narcos. (and i thought i'd never watch another law enforcement/cops n robbers show ever again)

re: douchebag.

http://dialectblog.com/2011/07/01/on-the-evolution-of-douchebag/

I lived in Pakistan in the 80s, all the English slang I learned was from Brits, Aussies, and Scots.

I think the ending left things clear enough to hold its own if it didn't get renewed, but still piqued curiosity to allow a second season. The brothers that made it have said that instead of a true second season, it will likely act more as a sequel.

I know a lot of people wanted an anthology similar to American horror story. But I think think they left it open so they increased the chances of getting picked up again by Netflix. This show seems like it would be a great anthology series. Though I do like the chance to see more of the characters. It's gonna hard with a young cast going through puberty.

Definitely one of my favorite series. I watched it a few weeks back. Now I'm watching "The Strain" on Hulu which is pretty good but the acting is not pretty good.

Season 2 they changed the actor for Eph's son and the new kid sucks even worse than the old kid. He has this look on his face like he's constantly dumb or confused.

My girlfriend bought a pin that has the girl from Stranger Things and it just says "Mouth Breather" underneath it. It's pretty funny.

• Like 1